Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you be playing WildStar at launch?

Comments

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657

I and a bunch of my friends were looking forward to WS. 

We all got in to ESO beta and really didn't click with any of us and then only I was able to get in to WS beta so far. 

But after playing WS I actually missed playing ESO.

I will probably end up playing ESO by myself for a bit while my friends find out what WS is like.

• Binny45Binny45 Member UncommonPosts: 522
    No to Wildstar AND ESO. Honestly, they're good games and I wish them well.  They are good games, not GREAT games. They offer me nothing I cannot find elsewhere.

• SkinFearSkinFear Member Posts: 3
    I voted yes, I have not played it but after seeing the live streams I'm pretty excited people compare it to WoW but i don't necessarily consider that a bad thing. Personally after seeing whats coming in WoD completely dissappointed into what the game has become.
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    I havent been in any of the betas to see, but from what I have heard at least it is worth at least trying, and anything worth trying in an MMO is worth trying at launch.
  • freegefreege Member UncommonPosts: 75
    I wIll not be buying either Wildstar or ESO at launch. Might have a looked few months down the line once things have settled a bit.
  • hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    I'll be playing it, as well as ESO (friends plan on picking that one up).  Wildstar may not do much that is different, but what it does it does well.  
  • natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Yeah, I will. It's what I've been waiting for. A spiritual successor to WoW. After playing it, I'm pumped. 

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Originally posted by natuxatu
    Yeah, I will. It's what I've been waiting for. A spiritual successor to WoW. After playing it, I'm pumped. 

^ Is why I wont....

WoW had it's time and was great back then. But because of this opinion that Wildstar is some how a successor ....makes me cringe.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

Ill be trying it out when it it launches. I dont mind the sub fee. I actually welcome it. Keeps those dang pesky trols living in moms basement out!

If you cant afford $15 a month on your hobby, maybe you should get a new hobby. $15 is 3 packs of smokes for me. I smoke a pack a day. I could use a few days without smoking!

• IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305
    I love the humor. I love most of the classes. Combat is fun. Graphics look great on my gaming rig. The game has personality.... but the world is quite static.

NPCs are static unless they have an essential purpose like quests or selling items, etc. Similar to SWTOR in this regard. I'm done with dead worlds.

So no I will not be playing once it goes live... unless that changes drastically.

Someone put it perfectly in an ESO thread. Wildstar is a game. ESO is World.
  • aspectofgoreaspectofgore Member Posts: 17
    Im like a starved wolf, I need any mmorpg, im gonna play it. I managed to play WoW for 2 months this fall so I think I can manage to play this some months to

• IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305
    People keep comparing it to WoW and in many ways it is like WoW but much better. But at least WoW has a living world. In WoW you can interact with almost all the NPCs. It helps create immersion.
  • jayartejayarte Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Originally posted by Djevik

I dont know why you guys or trolls are saying its like WoW, just b/c of the graphics?

The game is really fun if you tired it out.. ya its not going to be for everyone but I do believe it will be a success for awhile at least, I played ESO but I didn't like it combat was nice it was all nice but I couldnt get pass the PvP which scaled besides Points, Gives nothing to work forward to..

but that game is going to be a success for awhile as well.. Nothing is going to be as successful as WoW EVER!! I never played wow more then 1 day but they have/had a Great game at its time..

The "Only" thing I dont like about Wildstar is the fact that I cant find in option to not hold right mouse button down the whole time while fighting mobs.. wish it was more like Tera camera view.. meaning if you move your mouse left or right the aimer would move with you..

Thats not the case with wildstar, you are spamming your first ability and you have to hold RMB to keep aiming it.. while kiting.. thats my only down fall

You can use an addon called Deadlock extended from the Wildstar forums which allows for a fps-type camera/target reticule.

• IntheShadowsIntheShadows Member Posts: 58
    I'm definitely going to wait. I've been disappointed by a few games and now I'm taking the 'wait and see' approach with all new MMOs. Let others get in there and find out if the new shiny wears off in a month or so.
  • VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817
    Originally posted by Annekynn

Yes, will be playing on day 1. The game improves the WoW formula in every aspect. Provided it launches complete, polished and relatively bug free it should advance this style of gameplay over WoW the same way WoW advanced it over EQ1.

This is the reasoning as to why i WILL NOT be getting WS. 

Raid progression.

Vertical gear treadmill.

Over the top telegraphed Boss fights / AOEs (toned down it would be acceptable)

"?" Quest hubs.

Themepark rehash.

2 factions instead of 3 or more.

All in all it is a complete "been there done that" re-do of themeparks. Someone did not tell Carbine that themepark content driven MMO's are the past, not the future.

Lolipops !

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    I will be waiting to see if it really is another WoW clone, or if they do something that truly interests me. Who am I kidding, I can't bring myself to play another NC$oft game no matter how good it is. More power to those that can and I hope it's everything you guys want out of an MMO :)

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Originally posted by Voiidiin
    Originally posted by Annekynn

Yes, will be playing on day 1. The game improves the WoW formula in every aspect. Provided it launches complete, polished and relatively bug free it should advance this style of gameplay over WoW the same way WoW advanced it over EQ1.

This is the reasoning as to why i WILL NOT be getting WS. 

Raid progression.

Vertical gear treadmill.

Over the top telegraphed Boss fights / AOEs (toned down it would be acceptable)

"?" Quest hubs.

Themepark rehash.

2 factions instead of 3 or more.

All in all it is a complete "been there done that" re-do of themeparks. Someone did not tell Carbine that themepark content driven MMO's are the past, not the future.

One could also tell Zenimax that if your going to pick up a  lore based game like ESO you should at least be able to provide lots of feature's and option's,but i suppose both games fall short in some ways ( Eso in mores ways than wild-star).

Witty & Wicked >:)

• vetrosevetrose Member UncommonPosts: 3
    I would preorder right now if i could.
  • MpfiveMpfive Member UncommonPosts: 308
    No, combat looks like a tablet game
  • v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 311

Witty & Wicked >:)

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by gonewild
    and why not play wow which is looking far superior and plays a lot better

Are you really serious? Have you played WildStar? I have.

On topic: No I will not play Wildstar at launch but am sure I will be playing later.

• BluePhoenix09BluePhoenix09 Member Posts: 14
    Count me in as of the first day of Open Beta, which they say will start a month before final release.
  • LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Originally posted by dumpcat
    I love the humor. I love most of the classes. Combat is fun. Graphics look great on my gaming rig. The game has personality.... but the world is quite static.

NPCs are static unless they have an essential purpose like quests or selling items, etc. Similar to SWTOR in this regard. I'm done with dead worlds.

So no I will not be playing once it goes live... unless that changes drastically.

Someone put it perfectly in an ESO thread. Wildstar is a game. ESO is World.

See that's one of the things - the videos are funny as hell and made me think the game would be full of that too.  Personally I didn't find the game to have near the humor level of the videos.

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

Originally posted by LisaFlexy22
    Originally posted by dumpcat I love the humor. I love most of the classes. Combat is fun. Graphics look great on my gaming rig. The game has personality.... but the world is quite static. NPCs are static unless they have an essential purpose like quests or selling items, etc. Similar to SWTOR in this regard. I'm done with dead worlds. So no I will not be playing once it goes live... unless that changes drastically. Someone put it perfectly in an ESO thread. Wildstar is a game. ESO is World.
    See that's one of the things - the videos are funny as hell and made me think the game would be full of that too.  Personally I didn't find the game to have near the humor level of the videos.

Well this isnt a comedy. Its an mmorpg that has humor/jokes. Obviously the cutscenes may push it more to differentiate the game from all the rest of the humorless glut of games out there, but the humor is most definitely there, you just have to listen for it, especially what the NPCs say.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

I've played all throughout beta and I came away disappointed. I really had high hopes for the game. I will not be playing at launch, and will be playing ESO instead.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!