Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you be playing WildStar at launch?

Comments

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

no, not my cup of tea.

good luck to those of you that do!

• diogocarmodiogocarmo Member UncommonPosts: 6

Hell no...

Teso here i come:)

• LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Nope. The questing was pointless and seemed trivial. The PvP was a joke of a red/blue orgy you tried to run from. Game tried too damn hard to be funny and failed.
  • dirtyd77dirtyd77 Member UncommonPosts: 383

Yes I will pre-order.  

It is interesting to see the different views on the forums.  

I started out with ESO being the game I could not wait for but after 3 attempts with it ... trying to play it was like watching paint dry. BORING...  Uninstalled.

WildStar however I thought was joke with the cartoon graphics... after playing the game it would not work without those graphics. I found myself in WS not able to log out... something that has not happened in a long time. 

To each their own!  

As a gamer I hope both games do well. I don't hate any game and "might" try to hop into ESO at some point. 

• st3v3b0st3v3b0 Member UncommonPosts: 155
    If it was just the box price I might consider it, but alas I will wait for F2P which is inevitable.
  • TricktorTricktor Member UncommonPosts: 2

Yeah .. I'll play Wildstar. My experience with MMOs (09 years Wow, Warhammer, Rift, Tera, SWTOR, GW2, Aion and others) tells that it eill be a wonderfull mmo. I arrived with Esper, Spellslinger, Medic and Stlaker at lvl 15 and are totally different from anything I've played MMOs this classes.

The best thing of Wildstar is that just players that want the game will be play and no others players that 2 days of a BETA and tell that it not optmize or is trash.

Guys we didnt see the end game, how review a mmo with not play the end game?

The combat is wonderfull, fun and fair. The healing is absolute amazing.

i am not here to talk about ESO, WOW or EQN.... I am here to talk about Wildstar and it will be the best mmo launch with so much features.

Last thing: Wildstar in BETA s more class balanced then Wow in 10 years.

See your guys in Nexus......

• ZeroPointNRGZeroPointNRG Member Posts: 70
    No, can't go into details or I'd be braking the NDA. I would have liked to add this to my 2014 gaming selection, but it's just not for me. 
  • Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    I was not personally impressed with the beta in the least. The game was never on my radar to begin with and remains so after trying the beta.

No signature, I don't have a pen

• alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by Dogblaster

Obviously you are not target audience of Wildstar ... TBC, Vanila WoW players are and another mmorpg gamers who seeks gear grind mmorpg with big ass raids :) 

Any vanilla WOW player is long past the age at which he can tolerate the graphics. Maybe they were 10-14 in Vanilla WOW, but they are not 12 now... and only a few select people over 15 can tolerate the graphics.

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    Originally posted by alexhpy98721

Obviously you are not target audience of Wildstar ... TBC, Vanila WoW players are and another mmorpg gamers who seeks gear grind mmorpg with big ass raids :) 

Any vanilla WOW player is long past the age at which he can tolerate the graphics. Maybe they were 10-14 in Vanilla WOW, but they are not 12 now... and only a few select people over 15 can tolerate the graphics.

I was 33 in 2004 and I loved Vanilla WoW and the graphics were fine with me. This game not being for me has nothing to do with graphics.

No signature, I don't have a pen

• R.LimaR.Lima Member UncommonPosts: 135

Note: My answer is not violating the NDA since everything I will state can be discovered by watching beta impressions on YouTube or streams on twitch.

No. I disliked the game for a multitude of reasons including the often times "derpy" music and sound effects, the lack of graphical fidelity coupled with an extremely cartoony look, the horrible performance (especially compared to ESO's beta), the cluttered and intrusive UI, and the uninspired and boring quests.

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Wildstar graphics aren't even as good as WoW's. WoW had very stylistic graphics that worked even if they weren't super high quality. WildStar's graphics just look bad.

You could pay me $5 an hour to play WildStar and I'd still probably quit within a few hours. No way I'm spending cash on it.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Ender4

Wildstar graphics aren't even as good as WoW's. WoW had very stylistic graphics that worked even if they weren't super high quality. WildStar's graphics just look bad.

You could pay me $5 an hour to play WildStar and I'd still probably quit within a few hours. No way I'm spending cash on it.

Graphics are always a contentious issue, people appreciate different things to extremely varying degrees, and while i was totally not blown away by the graphic style of Wildstar, i think quite a few will enjoy it, whatever age group their in. However and on this i'm pretty much disagreeing with Angry Joe, i don't see this game as being all that appealing to the WoW crowd, though i may be wrong on that and AJ correct. Either way, i won't be trying it, i had a couple of Beta keys and i didnt bother with them, i saw enough on AJ's youtube vid to totally cure me of any interest. Point is no two people will look at something and see the same thing, the only question really is whether you look at the game and like it, or hate it, i don't really expect the game to do all that well, but i've been wrong before. image

• SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Originally posted by LisaFlexy22

6 months ago  - I figured I would get Wildstar and no ESO

2 months ago  - after playing ESO beta figured I would get both.

Present day  - having played both betas I will only be getting ESO.

^This.

• IGaveUpIGaveUp Member Posts: 273

Voted no.  Not bad, just not something I find appealing.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

I'll be playing,  I have plenty of reasons I won't go into due to the NDA, but yes, while it may not hold my interest long term,  neither will ESO, and neither did GW2 or SWTOR or FFXIV,  so I'm just going to be honest with myself when I say that it will be fun to play for as long as it lasts.

And the graphics aren't bad at all, if you aren't plagued with performance issues.  Sometimes I think people see what they want to see instead of seeing whats actually there.

• GhernGhern Member UncommonPosts: 134

Much to my own disappointment the answer is no after playing in this weekends beta.

It just felt as if I had been there and done that before.....a lot.

Strange how things work out. Two months ago. I was all over Wildstar and not so much ESO.

That has completely flipped. I will be playing ESO when it releases.

It is possible that I am getting older and looking for something a little slower paced.

I will say the Chua's animations and movement were awesome.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

I'm quite shocked to see a 60% "NO" vote after 300 votes !

That was not what I expected. I wonder if it would have been that strong if Wildstar was the ONLY big MMO releasing in 2014 ?

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

I'm quite shocked to see a 60% "NO" vote after 300 votes !

That was not what I expected. I wonder if it would have been that strong if Wildstar was the ONLY big MMO releasing in 2014 ?

At least half those "no's"  just mean they will TRY not to buy it at launch.. more than half the posters here vote and complain for effect, they'll probably still buy it if nothing else is releasing close to it, or if nothing released prior to it,  and once they get tired of whatever game that was,  they'll eventually play Wildstar too.

Even if its not at launch most of the people here complaining will end up playing it after launch at some point.  Its just what they do.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550
    Originally posted by Itherael

Note: My answer is not violating the NDA since everything I will state can be discovered by watching beta impressions on YouTube or streams on twitch.

No. I disliked the game for a multitude of reasons including the often times "derpy" music

I'll stop you right there.

This music is far from derpy.

Has some very memorable tracks that aren't generic fantasy. One of my favorites being The Cold Science of Supremacy.

If music like this is not in your taste. Then perhaps Sci-fi is not your genre.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Nope. Played in the beta. Didn't really like it. 
  • bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299
    plays NOTHING like WOW. After beta...will CERTAINLY NOT be playing this again. Good luck WS...you'll need it.
  • AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

Yes, will be playing on day 1. The game improves the WoW formula in every aspect. Provided it launches complete, polished and relatively bug free it should advance this style of gameplay over WoW the same way WoW advanced it over EQ1.

And yes, as a 35 year old the games graphics are absolutely perfect. The entire idea that I should be playing games that are dark and dreary is asinine. Its a video game, not a real life simulator. Bring on the colors, humor and Chuas!

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645

Getting the game regardless not sure if I should preorder or what but all I know is that I'm getting it. Preordering depends on what they offer as rewards. I'm getting the game not expecting a whole lot and don't expect the game to be next big MMO after Ultima Online, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft. I have other MMOs on my list that have high potential to get there. By Big I don't mean Quantity, I mean my own opinion of Quality. I'm sure I'll enjoy Wildstar.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538
    Originally posted by gonewild
    and why not play wow which is looking far superior and plays a lot better

:D

Why? Because wow looks worse, combat is worse, is casual and noob heaven, have LFR raids, has boring and easy dungeons, has no housing .. and much more things :)

I enjoyed vanilla WoW. Didn't enjoy WS. Maybe it's me that has changed.