Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: PWE CEO Confirms PS4 & XBox One Versions

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

From the better-late-than-never files, 2P.com reported last month that Perfect World Entertainment CEO Xiao Hong confirmed that Neverwinter will be arriving for both the PlayStation 4 and the XBox 1 consoles, though the timing is as yet unclear. You may remember that PWE launched a console-only division late in 2013.

We'll keep you posted as this story develops.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• mohit9206mohit9206 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    This is definitely good news.Should revitalize the game and I hope console and pc players will be able to play together since day 1.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I doubt it. Microsoft
    Don't allow cross platform play.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Didn't realise the game was doing that well. Would suit consoles though.
  • strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Will it have the same graphics as the pc version, or will they update it so it is better?

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    I'm actually curious to see if they do away with microtransaction and sell a buy to play version for consoles, it would do well as buy to play.
  • IkatsuIkatsu Member UncommonPosts: 8
    strawhat0981 considering the PS4 and xbox 1 is a shitty version of a gaming PC, I doubt they would upgrade the graphics for a crappier system. Logic, not even once.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Probably the best platform for the game. It never really felt "right" on PC for me for some reason. I'd definitely pick it up again on Console though. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by Ikatsu
    strawhat0981 considering the PS4 and xbox 1 is a shitty version of a gaming PC, I doubt they would upgrade the graphics for a crappier system. Logic, not even once.

So you make 6 posts in almost 10 years and you spent one talking crap to me, I feel honored.image

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by Reham34

Are powerful gaming PC better than xb1 and ps4? Yes fire sure. 

Would the ps4 and xb1 be similar to a crappy desktop?  Not even close they are both pretty powerful gaming machines .  

Have to completely disagree with that statement.  I have a 4 year old PC atm and it is better than either of the new consoles and probably did not spend more than $500 on it  when I bought it.  I got a PS4 for the kids to play their games on and the PC is a much better gaming system.   They end up fighting over who gets to play on the PC.

As to PWE putting Neverwinter on consoles, probably a good move because the PC crowd has had it with their item shop scams.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

Would the ps4 and xb1 be similar to a crappy desktop?  Not even close they are both pretty powerful gaming machines .  

Have to completely disagree with that statement.  I have a 4 year old PC atm and it is better than either of the new consoles and probably did not spend more than $500 on it  when I bought it.  I got a PS4 for the kids to play their games on and the PC is a much better gaming system.   They end up fighting over who gets to play on the PC.

As to PWE putting Neverwinter on consoles, probably a good move because the PC crowd has had it with their item shop scams.

That is suuuuuccchhhh a lie, it's not even funny.

Originally posted by BadSpock

Your opinion, but you should see Call of Duty on the PC, it blows away the PS4 version and all my video settings are as high as you can go.  Planning on upgrading this spring, going to add in a solid state drive.  You really have to realize that the new consoles are all AMD based systems and Intel's CPU's are just so much better!  I also try to stay away from AMD's graphic cards as they always seem to have driver problems that I never have with Nvidia.

When you base your system on an also ran just because you got a good price, it pretty much labels the system as an also ran too.

• SunwolfNCSunwolfNC Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    I doubt it. Microsoft
    Don't allow cross platform play.

You are incorrect.

• mohit9206mohit9206 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    ^^ Titanfall ??
  • LordOfPitLordOfPit Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Seeing as Cryptic was ready with their tech/engine for Champions Online to go to the XB360 this is awesome news if a bit late.
    Originally posted by Stizzled
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Your opinion, but you should see Call of Duty on the PC, it blows away the PS4 version and all my video settings are as high as you can go.  Planning on upgrading this spring, going to add in a solid state drive.  You really have to realize that the new consoles are all AMD based systems and Intel's CPU's are just so much better!  I also try to stay away from AMD's graphic cards as they always seem to have driver problems that I never have with Nvidia.

When you base your system on an also ran just because you got a good price, it pretty much labels the system as an also ran too.

Your not running anything recent on max settings with a $500 PC from four years ago without upgrading parts. For comparison, I have a laptop that I purchased in 2010 for $1300, so it's likely just as powerful or more than your PC was when you bought it. It has no chance in hell at running Ghosts with max settings on any resolution. The PS4 on the other hand...

I looked up some comparison videos, the game looks pretty much the same on both platforms. Sure, someone who's actually looking can spot the subtle differences, but for the most part they were identical. I did notice a lot more hitching on the PC side.

Agreed, I put a Nvidia 460 in it two years ago for about $150 and it runs everything at max .   The point being that I can build a PC today for around $600 that will blow away any console and can upgrade it when I need to.

• Vengeance22Vengeance22 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Well first of all the guys at PWE seriously need to check their security system. My account was hacked last night and all my valuables stolen and at this time of the day they still haven't even responded to my claim, so I will most likely quit the game in the near future after almost a year's worth of play. Saddened about having wasted that much time on this game, but if they don't make the game unhackable then there's nothing to do about it, but quit.