Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They made the starter Island's optional.

-aLpHa--aLpHa- Member UncommonPosts: 852

I just glanced a post on reddit that talked about the starter island being removed on the PST.

Quote:

Starter islands no more? by GrimdarkRosein elderscrollsonline
[–]inx_n 41 points 5 hours ago
Collision detection with NPCs just got put in.
You can also now skip the starter islands and go straight to the first city in your area. You can port back to starter islands if you want.
Mob difficulty increase slightly starting at level 5.
Buffs and nerfs to class abilities
Fixed an issue where many abilities were not properly obeying line of sight rules.

Interesting move from Zenimax Online, i am curious if this is a consequence of the negative reviews the tutorial islands got.

Comments

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Thank God a company is listening to feedback. Starter island is... ugh. Maybe this could help a bit.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564
    Another important point is that Collision Detection just got put in. I think that's a big deal.

• -aLpHa--aLpHa- Member UncommonPosts: 852

Originally posted by skyline385
    Another important point is that Collision Detection just got put in. I think that's a big deal.

Yeah that's important to but it was already mentioned in another thread :).

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    All good things.  I think tutorial islands and such should be skip-able after you've completely them once already.
  • SimonVDHSimonVDH Member Posts: 178

I didn't take part in any beta, but I've already pre-ordered the game. I like starter and tutorial aeras in all kind of games (I also like to read game manuals), so I'm sure I will play trough it when the game launches. I just hope that they don't remove those zones completely. I have nothing against option to skip those zones, of course.

Adding collision detection (if only in PvE) on the other hand, is a great news.

• evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576
    If anything, at least Zeni listens to feedback.
  • IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305

This is great news!

I absolutely love the game and beta has me hooked, but the starter zone was it's biggest weakness.

I think running through it one time to get familiarized with the lore and  game play is fine, but having to do it for every character you make was getting very old.

• goblagobla Member UncommonPosts: 1,412
    Now all that's needed is for them to add the faction unlock and Imperial race as in-game rewards and I might actually be interested. 

We are the bunny.
    Resistance is futile.
    ''/\/\'''''/\/\''''''/\/\
    ( o.o) ( o.o) ( o.o)
    (")("),,(")("),(")(")

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    The starter islands are fun to run through once, but if you are going to make alts in the same alliance I can see skipping them as a nice option. Glad to see they are taking all feedback they can get, the way Beta is supposed to work :)
  • AzzrasAzzras Member UncommonPosts: 407

Can someone post a link?

Also, I kind of hope this option is only available for alts.  I think you should have to go through the starter zone at least once.  That's my own opinion, though.  I'm sure others will agree/disagree/not care.  Opinions/assholes/etc etc. :)

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

Holy Moly....amazing that so many things are getting changed before release.

This is really positive that a lot of things get changed due to community response, its incredible actually in such a short time.

I have the feeling that this game could be the opposite of what some reviews were talking about and the game will be successfull....just a feel.

• AzzrasAzzras Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Originally posted by gobla
    Now all that's needed is for them to add the faction unlock and Imperial race as in-game rewards and I might actually be interested. 

I would bet that faction unlock will be there.  You probably unlock it by max level character or some other mechanic in game.  Imperial race, if they make that unlockable...it better damn well be difficult to do.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Collision detection with NPCs

That's important. Otherwise someone is going to read that and tell his guild and blah blay blah "they lied, they said they put in Collision Detection" while they fight in cyrodiil.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Any news on when the next beta starts?  All these changes and the recent PvP showing has got me interested.

Originally posted by Sovrath

That's important. Otherwise someone is going to read that and tell his guild and blah blay blah "they lied, they said they put in Collision Detection" while they fight in cyrodiil.

Hopefull they dont introduce collision detection in cyrodiil pvp, imagine massive battles and you "bump" on every player...nah. It is good what they are doing.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    Originally posted by spizz

Hopefull they dont introduce collision detection in cyrodiil pvp, imagine massive battles and you "bump" on every player...nah. It is good what they are doing.

Collision detection is hugely important in PvP.  It gives purpose to "tank" type characters and adds another layer of tactics to the game.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    Now we know that is because it is boring and to easy and a waste of a true gamers time. Now if the rest of the world would realize the whole game is that exciting...:)
    • Collision detection with NPCs just got put in.
    • You can also now skip the starter islands and go straight to the first city in your area. You can port back to starter islands if you want.
    • Mob difficulty increase slightly starting at level 5.
    • Buffs and nerfs to class abilities
    • Fixed an issue where many abilities were not properly obeying line of sight rules.

Would be interesting what kind of   "Buffs and nerfs to class abilites" .........
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Collision detection is hugely important in PvP.  It gives purpose to "tank" type characters and adds another layer of tactics to the game.

I dont like to bump on every character, especially when hundreds are around. Thats very annoying if you get moved by other players.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Yep, it was pretty cool literally being able to "hold the line" in WAR and the original Lineage.

A line of tanks with DPS and healers behind them.

Formations and tactics actually have meaning that way, rather than the standard "Zerg the healers first!" tactics.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074
    Its a good last minute move.  But a problem like the starter islands should have been solved a long long time a go.  
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986

I dont like to bump on every character, especially when hundreds are around. Thats very annoying if you get moved by other players.

Sorry you don't like it, but that is kind of the point of the collision detection.  To actually have to recognize there is someone in front, or around you and take that into account.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

Yep, it was pretty cool literally being able to "hold the line" in WAR and the original Lineage.

A line of tanks with DPS and healers behind them.

Formations and tactics actually have meaning that way, rather than the standard "Zerg the healers first!" tactics.

I see what you mean and this has positive but aswell negative points.

One of the negative points is that  you cant move at all. Your own players are blocking the own movement especially in narrow places i.e. gates, that all in a pvp area where 2000 players are around and 200 players are visible with castles and deployable siege weapons.

Can you imagine walking on the walls of a castle and every some meters your own players are blocking the small path ? This would be not just annoying it would be nonsens.

We will see, but I dont think they will implement this. NPC and PVE is a different story and thats great.

If this would be just pvp with a handfull people like in those mentioned mmos I could agree but ESO will offer one of the biggest mass pvp events in mmos history.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

That's not my point. Though I am for collision detection in pvp.

My point is that the internet is a cesspool for stupid and saying that "ESO now has collision detection" without mentioning any specifics (or inadvertently omitting some of those specifics) is going to result in someone reading this partial truth, people taking that as "all the facts" and then we're going to have the crying. "They lied, they said, they went back on their word, etc.

I know you didn't mean to spread disinformation but you know how "the dumb" spreads on these sites.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo