Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Guide] WildStar: Chief Sarcan's Guide to Paths

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Paths are WildStar's way of adding depth to your character and give you unique content based on the way you like to play. We have four possible paths to choose that will give you a variety of content to do alongside your normal questing which in turn provides you a number of rewards. Picking a path is required at Character Creation; however doing the content is optional. You can’t currently change your path, once selected, it is now a part of who you are.

Read more of Franklin Rinaldi's WildStar: Chief Sarcan's Guide to Paths.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• zenomexzenomex Member UncommonPosts: 242

Great pileup of the path info. I'm personally having trouble deciding which one to go.

First choice: Soldier/Explorer

Second choice: Scientist

Third choice: Settler

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413

The paths sounded really great and new. But after the beta weekend im really disappointed.

Tried the settler and the explorer.

Settler is just gathering huge amount of nodes in the area and then click on an NPC.

And Explorer is quite the same as the GW2 jump puzzles. Didnt like that either.

:(

Hodor!

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622
    Played explorer and really liked it, but then again I'm a fan of GW2 jumping puzzles. I heard scientist is boring but the premise sounds great. 
  • wilqwilq Member UncommonPosts: 144
    lamest thing in the explorer path is that, that they show you where are spots to explore and plant the antena.
  • gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Originally posted by wilq
    lamest thing in the explorer path is that, that they show you where are spots to explore and plant the antena.

You're right. I didnt really saw the point in that. They give you the option to explore and then set a big marker where you should go? wft?

Hodor!

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by zenomex

Great pileup of the path info. I'm personally having trouble deciding which one to go.

First choice: Soldier/Explorer

Second choice: Scientist

Third choice: Settler

Great pileup indeed, it's not a guide more like a wiki entry...

I have no trouble at all, since the first dev talk about paths (I think I posted it already in a Wildstar thread) first an Exile settler, then a Dominion explorer. Third a scientist on the side which was more fun :) Race is whatever (but not chua), class, the healer ones. Simple :)

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by gwei1984
    Originally posted by wilq

You're right. I didnt really saw the point in that. They give you the option to explore and then set a big marker where you should go? wft?

Since Exploring in single player games and MMOs is my favorite activity, I also was extremely disappointed with what they call exploring. More than anything else, this is the biggest reason I prefer ESO.

There Is Always Hope!

• nennafirnennafir Member UncommonPosts: 313

Soldier/Explorer seem to have the most useful abilities.

I think they need to do a balancing pass on the abilities, especially if you can't change path after character creation.

• HellCasterHellCaster Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Excellent synopsis of the paths. All the paths look like a lot of fun to try out and seem like a great way to help rehash the same content with a constant string of refreshing twists along the way (when leveling an alt).

Playing: varies every day it seems.

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234

I think you just pick one that fits your personality.

Do you like reading lore, gathering, fighting, or exploring? I think you just pick what you like. 

• RoweinRowein Member Posts: 44

As always your articles are very helpful. Thanks. Keep up the good work.

Rowein