Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

back after 2 years

I just started playing swotor again after 2 years and since I'm not a subscriber I guess I can't post on their forums. I just wanted to ask if anyone knows if my main toon will be stripped of all his purples and crafting recipes when i get back on him?

I had managed to be a pretty well known master vibro sword crafter on my server before I left and had purpled out just about every recipe and sword type from level 1 to 45 or so when I stopped. I also had some purple gear on me outside of my customized swords I made. Can I expect them to still be on my person? I see I have to give up my name when the download finishes so I'm not sure what else I'll lose. I made pretty good credits selling vibroswords to clients at a couple 100k a piece. would all my extra cash be gone too?

I'm waiting on the download now so I've just been playing a sith warrior alt right now. I'm contemplating on if i want to restart the story when I am so close to ending my mains story.  If anyone could shed some light on what will probably be gone  when I boot up my main again it would very appreciated.. I was a founder if that had any impact. Idk if they made legacy account anything

"Do not speak to me of fate!" ~ A fairy tale for the Demon Lord

Comments

• Fenrir767Fenrir767 Member Posts: 595
    You won't be stripped just don't take he gear off as you can't re equip it. If you buy the artifact unlock on the gtn for your character armor you will be fine.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

You can buy every unlock you need from the GTN for in game credits.

Chamber of Chains
  • ExiledTyrantExiledTyrant Member UncommonPosts: 69

Ok great I guess I'll forward whatever creds I have left to unlocks then.

What about warzone passes and flash point passes? Can I buy more of those with credits?

I don't care about ranked warzones or raids but it nice to be able to do more regular warzones than just 5 a week. I use to have a lot of fun with my annihilator marauder in pvp it be nice to get a chance to use them more in pvp,

Am I going to lose all the inventory space and crew skill unlocks I got when the game started?

I have 50% to go. It' been so long since I've  actually played the storyline I may just start fresh and use my main to pass on new purple swords etc. I'll have to see how hard it is for me to craft items now though. Purple vibroswords each level gap were a joy to make as I got them just at the next level each time. Not to mention each sword had a different design. I had a lot of fun crafting and the swords made leveling a lot easier.

Just about everything is available on the GTN for credits. One thing you may want to do is sub for a month as F2P have a cap limit on their credits. Purchase every unlock and pass you want with your credits and then just go preferred. So in short you can buy just about everything with in game credits.
  • BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Fenrir767
    Just about everything is available on the GTN for credits. One thing you may want to do is sub for a month as F2P have a cap limit on their credits. Purchase every unlock and pass you want with your credits and then just go preferred. So in short you can buy just about everything with in game credits.

I think they will be preferred already but your advise is very good.

He/She will also have an in-game credit limit of 350 k I believe and OP the rest of your money can be bought using Escrow is it called ? Not sure how to do all that side of things though , so someone else might have to advise you on it more.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

thing is unles you are a sub you can't remove the credit cap, and everytime you want to get money from that wallet you get for any money over the cap you need to pay RL money to move,

also prefered things you will have to buy to unlock, pretty much everything but teh most criticals ones are hotbars, craft (most usefull is biochem everything else not that great since drops will over set all crafts you do or pvp gear), also you will need to unlock some planets and the flashpoints and warzone are weekly unlocks only, so each week you have to pay, pretty much they force you to sub, saying its  a F2P is a lie.

I also consider this game pretty sub par to anything out right now, games like aion tera and GW2 are far superior to this one and everything is open(gw2 you need to buy the key, but paying what? 20 for the game is far better then pay 15 on Swtor a month). hell even ESo who I says it s not that new and you should wait at least 3 months after launch to play it is a better game.

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Fenrir767
    You won't be stripped just don't take he gear off as you can't re equip it. If you buy the artifact unlock on the gtn for your character armor you will be fine.

If he had an authenticator on the account he probably won't even need to use the GTN; two years of free points means he probably came home to 2400 CC just waiting to be spend.

Here's to hoping you had one linked to your account, OP!

Otherwise you'll probably have to sub at least for a month to be able to GTN the unlock since it's very, very unlikely that anyone will sell it for 350k - I think the standard price on most servers is somewhere between 1-2 million credits.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

Is that level 50 open pvp planet still around? I may not have to worry about war zones if I can just goof off there from time to time.

It looks like I am preferred status so I ca trade and stuff. I may just have to collect a bunch of valuable items to trade with the credit cap to unlock purples. Idk yet though like i said i won't be raiding or doing ranked pvp my only loss would be not being able to use all the purple weapons I can make.

If I can just enjoy my sith warrior story again ( might make a flame thower bounty hunter too) and get some pvp in on the down time after leveling that's all I really need. I'm in  a bunch of other betas and my PS plus is increasing my games every month so I'm pretty stocked on those fronts.

The other mmos I have been playing just haven't been working out. I turning swtor on though and the combat and story grabbed me all over again that's all i want. Classes are a big thing for me and I really enjoy them in Swtor.

DDOs class balance is silly, guild wars 2 classes got boring I am also a weapon nut so the weapon restrictions got to me after awhile, rift was nostalgic but i can never for give them for the pyro pvp incident or bleak questing, Teras questing was so bad I couldn't take more than 20 levels. I could go on but that's been my in and out relationship so far these past few years.

Swotor and DCUO look like my hold over MMOS while i occupy myself with the PS plus games like Don't Starve :D

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Originally posted by cheyane

You can buy every unlock you need from the GTN for in game credits.

Very true i played this way here and there for months on end since it went f2p. recently subbed backed up as i was really back into the game.

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L

So I was finally able to get back on my main. I lost my name which kind of sucks and it looks like i spent almost all my creds making even more weapons lol. On the bright side I came back to 2 full bays of purple and blue crafting mats, tons of rare affection items, some orange and purple drops, and my full weapon collection and schematic cache that I saved. I'm also ply happy d to see all my crafting was maxed.

What I don't understand though is what happen to master crafting? I returned to a wall of weapons that had been tweaked for months to all by top tier master craft and now they are all common which is a little sad. I'm not sure why such a rewarding crafting system was taken out. Either way this guys getting retired as an item mule as I've been gone from the story so long it's better to just start the sith warrior fresh even if my mains only 2 missions or so from the end.

I'll have to save up for the credit cap and gather some item stacks of whatevers trending I guess to get the purple unlock so i can use my purple swords but the blues still hold up pretty well. I'm surprised vibroswords are still main hand only though. I guess it's only fair as they also had more base damage than light sabers though. I wonder if that's changed as well lol. Well heading back in

Well you can work on crafting again but just like launch crafting is inferior to operations drops and they added a whole extra level of crafting so you gotta level it up again the pinnacle is now level 31 barrels, armorings, mods and enhancements as well as augments.