Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Paragon 2.0 Revealed

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 17,160MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

The Diablo III website has been updated with a new blog post that lays out in great detail how the Paragon system will change when the Reaper of Souls expansion goes live next month. Alterations in the Paragon system will be available to all players whether or not the expansion is purchased.

Additional Details:

• The new Paragon system is account-wide; all heroes will benefit from the gained bonuses, including your newly created characters!

• Your account's Paragon Point pool is not shared between your heroes. Instead, heroes on your account will each get their own set of Paragon Points to spend independently (e.g. you can spend your Paragon Points differently for each hero). To provide an example, if your account's Normal Shared Paragon level is 100, all Normal heroes on your account will each get 100 Paragon Points to distribute as you see fit.

• All heroes will be able to contribute to Shared Paragon levels equally. There are no bonuses or burdens for Paragon leveling multiple heroes of the same class.

• Be sure to experiment! You can reset your Paragon Points at any time without having to pay a single gold coin. Respecs occur on the hero level, not the account level, so respeccing on one hero will not reset your Paragon Points on other heroes.

Read the full post on the Diablo III.

Associate Editor:
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

• BruhzaBruhza Posts: 280Member Uncommon

I am so undecided with this game/expansion now. Path of Exile got me back into them but after pretty much doing what I wanted to accomplish there, now D3 is looking tempting once again.

My wallet cries in anguish. 

• RasereiRaserei webster, MAPosts: 1,011Member Uncommon
    Hardcore mode
  • ZenerenZeneren LukowPosts: 18Member Uncommon
    Dark souls 2, RoS and TESO my wallet will be crying silently and paying willingly it seems in this next month...

MMOs devs Logic nowadays nailed by bcbully:
    "So, the most succesful formula is to cater to people who don't have time to play games?

And the next 'big thing' will be a concept that caters to those who don't like games, maybe?

Sounds strange, but makes a perfect sense. There are a lot more of those who don't have time or don't like to play games than those who do.

Still, there's something wrong in this logic.."

• OzmodanOzmodan Hilliard, OHPosts: 7,261Member Uncommon
    Paragon points are just a huge grind.  Blizzard should just stop wasting their time with this title and move on, I just don't see them resurrecting this out of the original Diablo III's ashes.