Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen: Learning from the Kingdom Come Team

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest Star Citizen developer blog contains a great endorsement of Kingdom Come: Deliverance, an RPG that has just been successfully funded via KickStarter. In addition, Chris Roberts has announced that the Star Citizen team and the Kingdom Come team are collaborating to bring KC's robust character creation system to Star Citizen. 

The good news is: the team at Warhorse isn’t just an incredible talented group of people… they’re also kindred spirits who are willing to share the work they’ve done! We will be sharing with them the tricks for working with CryEngine we’ve learned over the last 18 months and they will be letting us in on the secrets and the tech behind what they’re doing! I’ve always said that independent developers should stick together, and the potential good for both games that can come from this unofficial partnership is proof positive!

Read the full post on the Star Citizen site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MirslpMirslp Member UncommonPosts: 41
    So true and very good news for both titles!
  • badirontreebadirontree Member UncommonPosts: 42
    they have very good characters in their game :D 
  • DavodDavod Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Holy crap, just took out a map over where I live and checked how much 9000 m^2 are.  Its fucking huge if you can put high graphics and high quality material in such a vast area. Pure awesome. And if you with later expansions double that area...

• unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Chris Roberts is a class act and a good businessman.
  • KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794
    Looks decent. Definitely not lie most kinckstarter games.

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• bahamud70bahamud70 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    lol its next AAA blockbuster game
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    So glad MMORPG.com mentioned Kingdom Come: Deliverance. I've been looking at this game with a lot of excitement. I've always wanted a truly medieval, open-world RPG that didn't have dragons, but focused more on the politics and wars.

Smile

• SunwolfNCSunwolfNC Member UncommonPosts: 188

Deliverance looks REALLY nice! Any word on how open it is? Can I build my own house/farmstead?

Sucks that it's locked into FP mode, though. Much prefer the option to switch between 1str and 3rd.

• JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415

Originally posted by SunwolfNC
    Deliverance looks REALLY nice! Any word on how open it is? Can I build my own house/farmstead?Sucks that it's locked into FP mode, though. Much prefer the option to switch between 1str and 3rd. 
    It is still very early in development. We're talking release not being expected until late 2015. Who knows what will change between now and then.