Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else skipping ESO and Wildstar ?

Comments

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Based on what I have seen WildStar looks bad, and I likely wont enjoy it based on the videos I have seen.

Its also a NCsoft product which as a company has a bad reputation for doing nothing about hacked/compromised accounts even when their game lacked the proper security needed for secondary auth, and was a exploit used during an event that compromised it.

ESO, Graphic wise is a good game, but I am skipping the game unless I find out that they have removed classes from the game, and made improvements where I said the changes needed to be made during Beta Testing. The game looks great I like it but the game-play itself is the major problem I found with ESO as it felt like nothing more than Rift when it came to combat graphics wise, and art-work wise the character models were good.

.The game needs housing

. The forced alliances/perks need to be made to where a user can select their own back-ground and choose their own alliance.

. The game needs barbershop customization from within the housing similar to Kingdoms of Amalur.

. The game needs to remove classes and make it sand-box based to where one character can master all skills but only have one class active at a time.

. Crafting needs to be sand-box based to where a single character can craft anything.

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500

Nope, going to play both. Teso preordered CE and Wildstar preorder when availible :) after I play both for few months I will decide which one will be my mmorpg home :)

There is no way I am skipping any of these, best mmorpg to be released in a long time (for my taste), if I skip them, I could easyly also skip the whole mmorpg gendre :)

• dgarbinidgarbini Member Posts: 185
    Yep no thanks to both.  Tried ESO beta and very boring/poorly done, and Wildstar well a bit cartoony for my taste.  Been playing PS2 recently and probably will continue.  Dont see much on the horizon to look forward to sadly, maybe WoD in 2020 or something.
  • zastenzasten Member Posts: 283
    Skipping both because they are both sub!
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by BatCakez
    I don't see why skipping them is really an answer, unless you're strapped for cash or need a break from MMOs all together.
    I am voting with my wallet. Both games disappoint me. Same with EQ:N.

I'm sure my lack of giving up $60 and $15/month will send both games into financial disaster :)

However, if enough felt the same way and acted the same way, maybe some long overdue changes might start taking place.

Instead, most players will give these games their money and "reward" them for this crap, indicating to these publishers that this crap is a good thing.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Dogblaster

There is no way I am skipping any of these, best mmorpg to be released in a long time (for my taste), if I skip them, I could easyly also skip the whole mmorpg gendre :)

That is not logical, unless there is zero MMORPGs in the past for your taste.

No one needs to only play the new games. I am skipping them but i am still playing few MMOs.

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780
    I am skipping them both. I'm not seeing enough innovation to justify a purchase. I think the longer I play MMO's, the more demanding I'm becoming.
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Yep

Joined - July 2004

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

No one needs to only play the new games. I am skipping them but i am still playing few MMOs.

So far these games seem fine for buy to play or free to play. Nothing screams out give me 15 a month to play an awesome game. 

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by flizzer
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

So far these games seem fine for buy to play or free to play. Nothing screams out give me 15 a month to play an awesome game. 

Then just play some F2P or B2P games .. there are plenty. No one needs to play a sub-only game.

And awesome is subjective. I find many awesome SP games. May be MMOs should learn from them.

• mysticmousemysticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Skipping ESO  is definite at this point. I will have to try out the game play  in Wildstar before I can decide to pass on it or  not. Last week my kids got me to try out mincraft and I am having a blast playing with  them. In fact its got me thinking I might give EQ Landmark a chance as a long term game.
  • BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

I'm skipping both. Going to play my final three level 50 somethings and 2 40 something in SWTOR to 55 and then go back to some end game. Also buying yoshis new island and mario golf on the 3ds. Then I'm buying a WII-U for mario kart 8 and wait for monolith soft's X. I will pray for PSO2 again and again. Then play my pre-ordered Destiny on the old 360 in September.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Originally posted by ThomasN7
    Perhaps it just isn't my cup of tea and I just find those games very unappealing.  Good luck to those who will be playing those mmos but for the rest of us, what will you be playing instead ?

Don't knock what you haven't tried.  There's many a game I don't like but at least I try them out first.

• imsoenthusedimsoenthused Member UncommonPosts: 65

I've never really been able to get in to a scifi mmo, which would probably keep me away from Wildstar even if I didn't think the art style was fugly, and I think subscriptions are con jobs.

ESO, I'll try if it ever goes b2p or f2p, but it would have to be a glowing artifact brought to me on the wings of angels to get me to pay a subscription at this point.

So for now, I'm skipping both.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by imsoenthused

I've never really been able to get in to a scifi mmo, which would probably keep me away from Wildstar even if I didn't think the art style was fugly, and I think subscriptions are con jobs.

ESO, I'll try if it ever goes b2p or f2p, but it would have to be a glowing artifact brought to me on the wings of angels to get me to pay a subscription at this point.

Wildstar doesn't look very sci-fi to me at all and considering I only play sci-fi MMO's then yeah that's a pretty good indication that it isn't.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Nope not skipping, as a Elder Scrolls fan that enjoy's the "minor" details of the series and a MMORPG fan I will definitly be buying Elder Scrolls Online after last 2 beta experiance's.

Wildstar is still on my want to play list but I only game-hop with singleplayer games with MMORPG's I am a one MMORPG at a time player. So it remains seen how long TESO will hold me.

I am looking forward to The Repopulation and Star Citizen because they seem to be going where I truly want MMORPG's to go, but don't think they are any where near release this year.

Perhaps I am Lucky to not constantly compare certain MMO's with eachother, I just play what is given and not what I might have hoped for.

• imsoenthusedimsoenthused Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Originally posted by BadOrb
    Originally posted by imsoenthused

Wildstar doesn't look very sci-fi to me at all and considering I only play sci-fi MMO's then yeah that's a pretty good indication that it isn't.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

It's got space ships and guns in it, so it's scifi. Its Indescribably ugly, terribad art doesn't make it any less sci-fi. 

• cyriciancyrician Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Yes skipping both, playing Firefall,Darkfall and harken instead. Oooo and gw2

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

both have subscription and both are theme park, which doesnt justify the sub. if it was a sandbox ok i see there they need a sub, but a themepark doesnt need it and its not worthy

i prefer to stay on GW2 until Gloria Victis or Black Desert come to live, dont wish to spent my money on such games like TESO or Wildstar .

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517

Yes skipping both, playing single player games for a while.

Oh and can't wait for Dark Souls 2.

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    I will be playing EVE Online until EVE Online 2 arrives :P
  • ProfGetzProfGetz Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Waiting on EQNext I think. ESO and Wildstar kind of lost my interest the more I learned. Meh, I could change my mind though, i'm funny that way.

Every MMORPG is AWESOME, until it's released!
    I don't want a game so much as I want a WORLD!
    --
    o·pin·ion –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

*raises hand*

Me prolly. Don't like either of it. I may play ESO at some point, not really being convinced, but out of sheer boredom.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• Originally posted by Draftbeer

Yes skipping both, playing single player games for a while.

Oh and can't wait for Dark Souls 2.

Yeah I have made all MMOs into "idle time" type things.  I don't really watch TV anymore so its good to have something to do.  But for something really engrossing I go for single player games.

When Wasteland 2 is "complete"  TESO or whatever MMO will go on the shelf for a while.  I have beta access as a backer so I could play it now but I don't want spoliers on it.  MMOs work out almost the opposite to that mentality.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037
    Neither of them are tempting me.

An ESO beta weekend persuaded me I didn't want to play it.

And Wildstar has done nothing to get my interest at all.