Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Angry Joe - Wildstar beta impressions not very positive

LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450

Let's see if he flops like he did with ESO.  Based on his comments at the end doesn't really sound like it though but who knows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMfgz-izFIA&list=UUsgv2QHkT2ljEixyulzOnUQ&feature=c4-overview

Comments

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    It's a game you really want to try before you judge. What they talk about was every exciting, what they had in game wasn't ( imo )
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

6:55 LOL  last 10 years of mmorpgs summed up  "I hate this level!" LOL

I wonder how many thousands of people they've lost do to the terrible intro. What where they thinking? This follow the leader, paint by numbers approach to mmorpg design must stop. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Originally posted by skyline385
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    It's a game you really want to try before you judge. What they talk about was every exciting, what they had in game wasn't ( imo )

This exact thing happened to me. I was crazily excited for the game with all the contents they have promised and it's still there in the game, no doubt in that; But i just can't get myself to play it every time i launch it. The max i have played it at a stretch is probably 2 hours. I am also a permanent tester not a weekend one. Comparing that to ESO, i only played it for a weekend but i played a full 12 hours continuously before my sleep forced me to stop. It sucks because i really like the WIldstar Devs who are very open but i just can't get into it.

I can't "get into it" because it's beta.  I never want to spend 12 hours of my day on a character that will ultimately be wiped and end up re-doing the whole thing.  I take beta as a general "get a sense for what the game feels and plays like" and try not to go too deep.  As long as all of the elements are there, I don't need to play a character to max level in a beta to know if I am going to want to repeat the same damn process over when it launches in a few months.

• elvenwolfelvenwolf Member UncommonPosts: 146
    I had the opposite reaction, I wasn't interested when I just saw the videos, then I tried a couple of stress tests. The first one I was like mhhh... then I got used to the looks of the game, and  it did grow on me. Now I am going to preorder.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

oops

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • RuienRuien Member Posts: 39

I installed the beta. Started playing and was about 2 hours in it. Didnt like it but just couldnt put my finger on why. My 10 year old son walked in and looked at the game. He turned to me and said, is that for me?

Uninstalled.

• skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564
    Originally posted by Ruien

I installed the beta. Started playing and was about 2 hours in it. Didnt like it but just couldnt put my finger on why. My 10 year old son walked in and looked at the game. He turned to me and said, is that for me?

Uninstalled.

roflmao lol so funny XD XD XD 

The game is for kids because of its graphics, geddit guise?

Your comedy award is on its way, Ruien

• RuienRuien Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by skyline385
    Originally posted by Ruien

Uninstalled.

roflmao lol so funny XD XD XD 

The game is for kids because of its graphics, geddit guise?

Your comedy award is on its way, Ruien

Laugh all you want. Its a true story. /shrug

• Big-CronkBig-Cronk Member Posts: 61
    Honestly, Angry joe is kind of a sub-par critic in my opinion

• xdarkaixxdarkaix Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Maybe it was just me, but he looked high off his ass during the whole thing, and he was half-assing the whole thing, he has no real interest in the game in the first place, so I don't really care about his review of the game in this case, having played the game myself I don't agree with most of what he had to say.
  • DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

I went to level 15 in wildstar and i literally wanted to curl up and go to sleep.

Even watching angry joe play it reminded me of how boring the gameplay actually was.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Imo you can find more intelligent life forms at the bottom of a pond than Angry Joe's sidekick.
  • EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by DamonVile

Yeah I tried it, and it was just garbage, nothing new or interesting and everything annoying and boring.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

that was like the worst review ever.. no wonder ppl are getting the wrong impression.. that idiot was still trying to click on each loot well after the tutorial >.< You learn in the early tutorial to press V to collect loot which you could see in his video 

[mod edit]

As for Wildstar.. careful some of you have broken NDA in this thread >.<

• CatAtomic99CatAtomic99 Member UncommonPosts: 62
    Originally posted by Big-Cronk
    Honestly, Angry joe is kind of a sub-par critic in my opinion

Yeah, I don't give any credence to his opinions-- he's all over the place. He flip-flops, hypes games that turn out to be crap, rants about minor things, etc.

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    [mod edit]
  • AndrewGoatAndrewGoat Member UncommonPosts: 160

Angry Joe, eh? More like Angry Joke.

Dude's opinion is about as valuable as all the other Youtubers. They hype garbage and crap on the good stuff.

• ZapzapZapzap Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Wow.  I only made it half way through the Angry Joe video and I have to say it made me very depressed for the future.  How can anyone be so stupid and then put it on the internet for everyone to see.  The man is completely illiterate and talks only in jibberish.  He is noise machine just yelling and screaming for attention while saying nothing.  In the video he possessed a shocking lack of attention and patience. He could not follow simple game instructions.  Why would anyone watch this and take what he has to say seriously?  The internet is a poor medium for quality communication.  So many people want to say something and be heard but are incapable of  expressing anything of value.  Instead they just say whatever comes into their head no matter how stupid it might be. But I guess that is what the internet mainly is a breeding ground for stupidity and this Angry Joe person seems pushing the boundaries of stupidity to new highs. Don't tell Al Gore.  I bet he would be very sad.
  • KickaxeKickaxe Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Originally posted by xdarkaix
    Maybe it was just me, but he looked high off his ass during the whole thing, and he was half-assing the whole thing, he has no real interest in the game in the first place, so I don't really care about his review of the game in this case, having played the game myself I don't agree with most of what he had to say.

Not just you.  I like Joe, but he looks drunk or high in this video.  A bit embarrassing, really.

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Can anyone point me in the direction of an MMO with "adult" graphics that is so great?

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

Does he rage about $15 a month in this one too?

• FappuccinoFappuccino Member Posts: 159

He's like someone who is perpetually stuck in his late teens. I cannot stand him, no matter how good any of his reviews might be.

I can see why he has the following he does though (bro generation).

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Wow lots of people feeling defensive suddenly, for people who actually watched the video though, he was actually very positive about the game, he certainly wasn't trying to steer people away from it, more that he actually was recommending it. 

While he didn't like the starting area that's not a big thing, its a few minutes of gameplay that most people will just breeze through anyway and it did look boring, but it was just the start area. The next thing was that he didn't like the Aesthetics much, which is a fair comment because those are purely personal preferences, and not a comment on the quality of them, it was just because it was too cartoony for him, there will be many though who do like the aesthetics of the game and for those that do it will undoubtedly be a great game, and will be one that's very fun to play, he even compared it favourably to World of Warcraft.

For those who still seem to think he flip flopped over ESO though, the review was in 2 parts, PvE which was boring, and PvP which was awesome, so much so it looks like he'll be playing it when its out.

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

I think angryjoe often has very valid  criticism when reviewing, but theres one thing he always seems to fail at.

He just can't review MMO's for the life of me, every time he reviews a MMO I leave the video thinking he could've done a hell of a lot better.

Love his singleplayer / multiplayer reviews, but his mmo reviews fall short.

This is not being a wildstar fanboy, the game doesn't actually look all that appealing to me either.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Man, Angry Joe gets too much coverage on this site. At least Other Joe liked it.
This discussion has been closed.