Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rings of Mara stacking

Hi all,

I heard recently that the XP bonus for the rings of Mara stack if you complete the ritual with more than one person.  The game imbalance for completing a great many rituals would be quite noticeable since people in large guilds could, for example, give a 300% XP bonus by completing the ritual with 100 people (I believe its 3% bonus per ritual).  This apparent stacking was mentioned on the most recent Shoddycast (Feb 19th).  Can anyone shed some light as to whether there is any truth to this.

Thanks,

Gray

Comments

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404
    I haven't tried this game yet but seems to me this is a bug/exploit that will most likely be fixed rather quickly.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• MithoronetteMithoronette Member UncommonPosts: 107

As the rings were not available during beta, I think it is all speculation at this point...  The rings won't be available until early access, so I'm sure we'll find out then.

Based upon the Developer's comments, I know their INTENT is the boost is only to be shared amongst two individuals, so I have a feeling even if people do find a way to have more than one bonus, that will be squashed pretty early as a "bug fix" and such possibilities will be patched...

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    I wouldn't be shocked either way, but I can't see this bonus being stackable.  I have not yet heard anyone dispute the idea of performing a ritual with more than one person though.  We'll just have to wait and see.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Lol. Polygamy FTW! Good try, but no. 

First, you don't get rings of Mara in the mail, what you get instead is a Pledge of Mara. You and your vict...err, significant other, can then go to the Mara shrine together (only one of you needs to have the pledge) and use it there, That ritual puts a ring of mara into both of your inventories.

You can only do this once and the ring will be marked with the name of your partner.

All of that can be found here by typing "ring of mara" into the search.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

Even if it stacked, it only works when you're grouped with the person that you performed the ritual with. So, conceivably, if 100 people got together to perform this ritual, they would have to pick one person to receive the benefit in order to "stack it" to 300%. But even then, the exp bonus would only apply whenever that one person was grouped up with those players.

I don't think you can group with 100 people at a time.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by rygard49

Even if it stacked, it only works when you're grouped with the person that you performed the ritual with. So, conceivably, if 100 people got together to perform this ritual, they would have to pick one person to receive the benefit in order to "stack it" to 300%. But even then, the exp bonus would only apply whenever that one person was grouped up with those players.

I don't think you can group with 100 people at a time.

You'd also need 100 fingers.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315
    Originally posted by Iselin

Lol. Polygamy FTW! Good try, but no. 

First, you don't get rings of Mara in the mail, what you get instead is a Pledge of Mara. You and your vict...err, significant other, can then go to the Mara shrine together (only one of you needs to have the pledge) and use it there, That ritual puts a ring of mara into both of your inventories.

You can only do this once and the ring will be marked with the name of your partner.

All of that can be found here by typing "ring of mara" into the search.

what i wonder is can you merge the ring of mara with a normal ring or do you just lose a slot useing it.

And if i have 2 rings of mara and my bud got 2 rings of mara can we both switch with eachother and gain dubble bonus.

• graylixgraylix Member Posts: 5
    Thanks guys.  That clears it up.  8D
  • RhinoNZRhinoNZ Member Posts: 21

I do know that if you teamed in Beta you were granted a 10%xp bonus  just for that, i am wondering myself if that plus the rings bonus will stack. Will have to see on launch :)

• LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315

what i think to is you only get 1 vanity pet of each and i guess you only get one pair of rings but do you only get 1 horse.

I mean if my main level up the imperial horse to be a pack pony since he want more inventory space do that mean all my alts will have a pack pony?

• nytkinnytkin Member CommonPosts: 14

I don't think it will be squashed as a bug fix, when the devs came out and said that the buff is stackable:

"  While wearing the ring and adventuring with the corresponding partner, both characters will receive a bonus to their experience. This bonus stacks with others."

Found this at Elder Scrolls Online.com under the Rings of Mara heading:

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/02/18/ask-us-anything-variety-pack-13

Devil bunny needs a ham, and he's pretty sure knocking you off a building will get him one.

• MithoronetteMithoronette Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Originally posted by nytkin

I don't think it will be squashed as a bug fix, when the devs came out and said that the buff is stackable:

"  While wearing the ring and adventuring with the corresponding partner, both characters will receive a bonus to their experience. This bonus stacks with others."

Found this at Elder Scrolls Online.com under the Rings of Mara heading:

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/02/18/ask-us-anything-variety-pack-13

I think they meant that XP bonus stacks with other XP bonuses, NOT with other rings of Mara.  Even if they did stack, you can only wear two rings...

Yeah, the way I read it is, you can share your ring with one friend, and another friend can share his or her ring with you, thereby giving you the ring buff twice (stacked), assuming we can only wear two rings (which is how the game is right now.)

Devil bunny needs a ham, and he's pretty sure knocking you off a building will get him one.

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871
    I don't see any way they're going to allow the bonuses to stack up if you are promiscuous and exchange rituals with multiple partners.

• jacktorsjacktors Member UncommonPosts: 180
    i'm sure there will be a cap
  • Raxxo82Raxxo82 Member UncommonPosts: 150
    What if you all stood in a circle, while performing the ritual and passing the rings around to eatchother!?

Originally posted by superconducting
    I don't see any way they're going to allow the bonuses to stack up if you are promiscuous and exchange rituals with multiple partners.

LOL!

Word.

• ZaynderZaynder Member Posts: 2
    When you complete the ritual, you get a ring with the person's name on it.  To get the XP boost, you have to have THAT RING equipped while you are playing with the person to get the boost.  So, you could only stack as many rings as you can equip at the same time which I believe is just two.
  • Doriangray1Doriangray1 Member Posts: 53
    damn! no open marriages? I come from a culture where having only one wife is very limiting. This is pure racism... lol.

Rubber duck is incapable of hate.

" The extinction of Rubber Ducks will bring forth the end of our days. "

This discussion has been closed.