Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Star Wars: The Old Republic: The Spring of SWTOR - Game Update 2.7

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Over the course of the past week, BioWare laid out their roadmap for the changes coming with Star Wars: the Old Republic's Game Update 2.7.  Now, those who are curious about the numbering scheme of updates will see how it's pretty much in line with how software developers tend to leave the really big updates and expansions for the round figures (2.0, 4.0, etc.).  You can see how we're trundling along to SWTOR's 3.0.  Theoretically, the use of sub-numbers (2.7.4, etc.) can ensure they can stretch out the revelation of SWTOR 3.0: the Undiscovered Expansion until sometime next year.  However, I don't believe we're going to see that, because we know 2.7 is supposed to drop on April 8th, and 2.8 is supposed to drop on June 10th per Bruce Maclean's Producer's Roadmap

Read more of Jean Prior's Star Wars: The Old Republic: The Spring of SWTOR - Game Update 2.7.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

A new tier of gear!  Yeah for more gear grind...

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• odiasudaodiasuda Member UncommonPosts: 162
    How about making it so you don't have to go through 19 instanced areas to get from point A to point B.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I haven't played in some time.  I could see their devs were having huge issues balancing things even back then.  They have really destroyed my concealment operative, glad I don't play anymore.
  • doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by odiasuda
    How about making it so you don't have to go through 19 instanced areas to get from point A to point B.

Not that long ago, a wise man once said:

"This is probably the single biggest problem with MMO's for me;  the ridiculous exaggerating by almost everyone who plays them."

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Originally posted by Reham34
    Originally posted by Mardukk
    I haven't played in some time.  I could see their devs were having huge issues balancing things even back then.  They have really destroyed my concealment operative, glad I don't play anymore.

So you have not played in some time, based on these changes that are not final your operative is destroyed?  Well my operative seems to work just fine. Having two in our ops last night they were doing just fine also, and not acting like their op was destroyed.  Pretty sure the opinions of those who actually play is more credible than someone who hasn't played in some time. 

Operatives have been useless since 3 months after launch. Their DPS is laughable compared to other classes, and their survivability in PvP is much the same. The only thing operatives have done well in quite a long time is heal; otherwise you pretty much get laughed out of groups.

I've not played, but kept an eye on operatives & they've not improved one bit.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    Originally posted by Solar_Prophet

So you have not played in some time, based on these changes that are not final your operative is destroyed?  Well my operative seems to work just fine. Having two in our ops last night they were doing just fine also, and not acting like their op was destroyed.  Pretty sure the opinions of those who actually play is more credible than someone who hasn't played in some time. 

Operatives have been useless since 3 months after launch. Their DPS is laughable compared to other classes, and their survivability in PvP is much the same. The only thing operatives have done well in quite a long time is heal; otherwise you pretty much get laughed out of groups.

they have gotten buffed recently.. but they're about to get nerfed yet again though(pvp)

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322

STOR is dead to me bring battle front.

• heider89heider89 Member UncommonPosts: 159

operatives and scoundrel. is doing good. but i agree they lack defensive coldowns for pvp

but they got nice dps atm

The guild I run with is 10/10 HM DF/DP....our op is usually 2nd in DPS...you should stop reading the vocal QQ minority on the forums, and actually have a look-see for yourself.

• odiasudaodiasuda Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Originally posted by doodphace
    Originally posted by odiasuda

Not that long ago, a wise man once said:

"This is probably the single biggest problem with MMO's for me;  the ridiculous exaggerating by almost everyone who plays them."

Of course I was exaggerating, but do I need to see a hanger instance every time I exit my ship? Yeah...no.

• KeldienKeldien Member UncommonPosts: 119

They were nerfed quite a bit, but they were in for that.

When I was on my Battlemaster run, Scoundrels and Operatives were only tied with Mercenaries and  Vanguards spamming Grav Round/Tracer Missile for most played class.  They could decimate practically anyone in the span of their stuns, it was utterly ridiculous to see a guy basically knife-fighting Jedi and Sith - and winning.

Their DPS is pretty good, though.  Suvivability could use some serious work, as you said.

Originally posted by Vivasvan
    So no new raids ? Pulled the plug on raiding? Maybe that's why it's dead

Its current raid tier is younger than WoW's current tier. They are adding another harder tier next patch. Holy no research batman.

So they are adding a tier.

Not a new raid then just a notch up on difficulty Hmmm yeh.

Batman

Again, its current raid instance/tier is one of the yougest current raid tiers of all raid focused themeparks on the market. Why are you complaining that they are not adding another soon enough, and also implying that they have given up on raiding?

I don't think we need you to answer that...

Year. 1. Super raid made.

Year. 9. Same raid.... But now it's tier 9!

Name me a raid focused themepark game that released a new raid instance since dread palace?

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Have they removed the Barber shop being Cartel Points only yet. That was my last straw on the game. The only way to change your appearance required spending real money.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375

Op was my first maxed toon. Totally correct got 3 good months after launch, after that still weakest class to date. This latest so call buff lackluster. To bad it was my favorite.

Originally posted by mikuniman

Op was my first maxed toon. Totally correct got 3 good months after launch, after that still weakest class to date. This latest so call buff lackluster. To bad it was my favorite.

How can the best healer in the game, constitute the weakest class in the game?

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    I'm often split between wow and swtor ... whatever they do, I will adapt. And for sure play. Just still hope they will make "real" expansion this time or at least include class story line.
  • Rikus25Rikus25 Member Posts: 82

True and usually those who complain are those who PvP. In any MMO the PvP'rs complain the most and drive the nerfs. I PVE mostly and I do not feel any nerf however when I jump in to PvP you can see the nerfs. It's a never ending task to try and please the PvP group than can never be satisfied.

• Jerek_Jerek_ Member Posts: 409

1) you can't call out players for ignoring things Bioware says since they clearly feel free to ignore what they have said in the past themselves any time its convenient.

2) the time = quality argument from these guys?  they had a very, very long time to produce quality and failed miserably anyway.  They are aren't setting any records for quantity or quality updates since then either.

The thing that makes Bioware going back on their promises especially annoying is that they almost never commit to anything.  To fail at the few things they are even willing to put a schedule on is pathetic.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

In the article, author said:

Of course, folks in that group have ignored the rest of the paragraph where Bruce was citing quality as their primary reason for doing so.  Perhaps I've been spoiled by observing the much more positive WildStar community, but you'd think that gamers would prefer quality over rushing something out the door and having it be broken.  In this argument, BioWare is damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Well, you do know that that's really NOT the players' fault for their biases, when you consider that fact that they messed up implementing the game on their "modified" Hero's engine to start with.

Shouldn't have modified anything if they aren't going to do it properly. Their reputation deserves to be in toilet if because of nothing else but that alone.

Did people really totally forgot about the Ilum debacle nowadays? Was only a couple of years ago...

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    This game has the lowest quality haters.
  • movros99movros99 Member UncommonPosts: 125
    People still play SWTOR????
  • Zlayer77Zlayer77 Member Posts: 826
    Originally posted by movros99

You read my mind lolz...

But people kept playing Warhammer online, up until the licence agrement whent out, and Mythic dident renew it. I predict the same will happen to SWTOR, hell its down to 15 place on xfire, more people are playing Tera online then SWTOR...

Only reason it is hasent dropped off the top 20 list, is because its free to play... If it still was sub, it would be dead now...

Originally posted by Zlayer77
    Originally posted by movros99

You read my mind lolz...

But people kept playing Warhammer online, up until the licence agrement whent out, and Mythic dident renew it. I predict the same will happen to SWTOR, hell its down to 15 place on xfire, more people are playing Tera online then SWTOR...

Only reason it is hasent dropped off the top 20 list, is because its free to play... If it still was sub, it would be dead now...

Except swtor is currently the 2nd most played MMO in the west. Reality sucks eh when it doesn't match your view? lolz...