Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Pathfinder Online: New In-Game Video Celebrates Q4 Milestone Achievement

2

Comments

  • ZajjarZajjar København NPosts: 54Member
    lol thought this was pantheon... gggg
  • emotaemota PLYMOUTHPosts: 377Member Uncommon
    Looks very promising, cant wait for the mac release!!
  • chillizchilliz londonPosts: 73Member Uncommon
    Wait was is this 1998??  This looks bloody atrocious.  Abit of lighting dosnt change the fact these animations and combat and attacking make it look like its 1998.  Bloody hell all those millions gathered in crowd funding and this is what they came up with???
  • LobotomistLobotomist ZagrebPosts: 5,060Member Uncommon

    This is just alpha showing for backers. Its not final animations, just placeholders.

    Dont forget that this game has rpg mechanic 100x times more complex than your run of the mill MMO. So they are working on this first.

     

     

    image

  • chillizchilliz londonPosts: 73Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by jesteralways
    Ohhhh the ultimate sandbox experience, look at the video at the beginning : hitting a scarecrow!! now that is sandbox!! hit an invulnerable object to raise skill. can it get anymore "old school" than that? or can there be any other game with such "intelligent" design? or "depth" and "immersion"?  

    haha how true.  

    I guess being sandbox means hitting a tree for 30 mins and getting a skill point, and going afk while a macro goes farming for you. 

  • PurutzilPurutzil East Stroudsburg, PAPosts: 2,925Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Hugolin
    plis someone explain me why i should be excited about this game, outdated graphics, lame animations...we are in 2014 you know, even a 14 years old korean kid can do better. so explain to me what is awesome about this game

    Considering for you the only negative you mentioned were graphics related... I say go watch a movie since obvious you don't care remotely about gameplay and just looks. I pitty you for that.

     

    Anyways, good to see such progress being made on a game. Considering its quite low budget, it looks great even in very early stages of development. Given some polish and time this might turn out to be a great game, given people can realize games are about gameplay and early alpha footage isn't likely all that well polished up.

  • ste2000ste2000 londonPosts: 4,706Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Hugolin
    plis someone explain me why i should be excited about this game, outdated graphics, lame animations...we are in 2014 you know, even a 14 years old korean kid can do better. so explain to me what is awesome about this game

    It's either you get it or don't

    There is nothing to explain.

    Some people like FPS style MMOs, some others like the RPG aspect of the MMO.

    Personally I like this game, I cannot wait to pledge some money.

  • MumboJumboMumboJumbo LondonPosts: 3,221Member
    Originally posted by coretex666

    Games with worse graphics are often much heavier on the RPG side which is what I am looking for.

    The graphics just need to be "sufficient" for me to enjoy the RPG.

    This game looks good enough and I am really looking forward.

    I should probably get more info about it.

    Is there any good source of information regarding character progression, gearing, crafting, enchanting, etc?

     

    Mm, graphics have got better each time from the kickstarter video on towards the other milestones (3) and now 4, it's getting there.

    ProgressionYour Pathfinder Online Character

    Crafting/ProductionButchers, Bakers and Candlestick Makers & Iron and Coke, Chromium Steel

    EnchantingIf I Had a Hammer

    All these systems will start off basic in the Early Enrollment, however.

     

  • KuuhnKuuhn Monmouth Junction, NJPosts: 41Member

    I watched this based on the fact that I previously followed nothing about this game or its kick-starter phase and wanted to see something of what it was about. 

    I finished watching it and and it left a good taste in my mouth. I find it funny that everyone has such disdain for the graphics and the animations.. unless you're 15 years old.. you've played games with these graphics before.. in fact you probably loved the shit out of them too. Seeing this does nothing but remind me of games that I played years ago and how awesome they were. Even though this is an early peek at the game and the graphics and animations may get better.. if they didn't it wouldn't sway my chances of trying it out. Perhaps what we need is less emphasis on graphics and more so on mechanics. Bring the RPG element back to MMORPGs.

  • elockeelocke Manassas, VAPosts: 4,205Member Uncommon

    I thought it looked good for the stage of development that it is in.  The character models seem to have a new "weight" to them and I like it.  I like the new spell effects too.  Best part is, it's being built on a nice deep IP and so it will have plenty of stuff you won't see in vids like this.  Can't wait to see more.

    Everyone griping is doing so out of distaste for the current graphics and you all need to just stop with your knee jerk reactions to what your eyes see.  ALPHA! Meaning, the graphics aren't even anywhere near polished and won't be for quite a long while.  Same with animations.  Now, if it looks this way in Beta and closer to release, then you all might have a point.  Until then, no.

    image
  • MumboJumboMumboJumbo LondonPosts: 3,221Member
    Originally posted by Hugolin
    plis someone explain me why i should be excited about this game, outdated graphics, lame animations...we are in 2014 you know, even a 14 years old korean kid can do better. so explain to me what is awesome about this game

    In all honesty there is only one answer to this type of question and that is: There are many many mmorpgs out there that will have better graphics if that is your preference: You have riches to pick from and pfo is probably not the game you're looking for.

    I think about 98% of the games listed on this sites somewhat vast data-table of mmorpgs warrant 0% interest from me for eg.

    ===

    Agree with the comments the sickle-health bar halo seems to get in the way and other observations such as animation needs more work, but hey it's a backer work in progress update video and it's a lot better than the kickstarter vid and the previous Milestone 3 video, the improvements direction is positive.

  • AvarixAvarix Chicago, ILPosts: 384Member Uncommon
    Surprised at all the comments about graphics. For me the actual gameplay is far more important. I am clearly not alone in that, or games like Minecraft and Starbound wouldn't be so popular. When did MMORPGs even become a genre capable of having graphic snobs?
  • bbbb42bbbb42 none, FLPosts: 297Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by jesteralways
    Ohhhh the ultimate sandbox experience, look at the video at the beginning : hitting a scarecrow!! now that is sandbox!! hit an invulnerable object to raise skill. can it get anymore "old school" than that? or can there be any other game with such "intelligent" design? or "depth" and "immersion"?  

    ~.~ thats not how their progression system works zzzzz

    image
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph SarajevoPosts: 1,070Member Uncommon
    love how this game looking,great work,can't wait for  start playing

    only EVE is real MMO...but I am impressive with TSW

  • coretex666coretex666 PraguePosts: 1,928Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by MumboJumbo
    Originally posted by coretex666

    Games with worse graphics are often much heavier on the RPG side which is what I am looking for.

    The graphics just need to be "sufficient" for me to enjoy the RPG.

    This game looks good enough and I am really looking forward.

    I should probably get more info about it.

    Is there any good source of information regarding character progression, gearing, crafting, enchanting, etc?

     

    Mm, graphics have got better each time from the kickstarter video on towards the other milestones (3) and now 4, it's getting there.

    ProgressionYour Pathfinder Online Character

    Crafting/ProductionButchers, Bakers and Candlestick Makers & Iron and Coke, Chromium Steel

    EnchantingIf I Had a Hammer

    All these systems will start off basic in the Early Enrollment, however.

     

    Thank you. I appreciate it.

    Waiting for L2 EU Classic

  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Arkham, VAPosts: 10,910Member

    This just reaffirmed my notion that watching people play MMORPGs is bloody boring.  Doesn't matter how finished the game is, it's just boring.  Boh.  Rang.

     

    Anyway, I think it's really cool that they've managed to get where they are, and managed to actually build something.  I would be really curious at how successful the tech demo was in raising money and what their overall budget is.  I'll never find out, but I'd really like to know.  They are only a year into the project so hopefully it gets finished.  My only other comment is that they are a motley looking crew.

     

    I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

  • RetiredRetired los angeles, CAPosts: 743Member
    IDK, fire the video guy. Very bad video.
  • DayneOrlyDayneOrly pittsford, NYPosts: 4Member
    Originally posted by lizardbones

    Anyway, I think it's really cool that they've managed to get where they are, and managed to actually build something.  I would be really curious at how successful the tech demo was in raising money and what their overall budget is.  I'll never find out, but I'd really like to know.  They are only a year into the project so hopefully it gets finished.  My only other comment is that they are a motley looking crew.

    You can actually find out near exactly what the budget is, how much they have spent and what the have spent it on.  Its currently the second newest post on the blog(this movie is the newest), its for the backers but its public, you can also see alot more of what they are doing with the game as a whole.

     

     

  • bexinhbexinh MelbournePosts: 68Member
    Remind me of Everquest 1 back in 2001. Is this game made over 10 years ago?
  • SamhaelSamhael Huntsville, ALPosts: 700Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Avarix
    Surprised at all the comments about graphics. For me the actual gameplay is far more important. I am clearly not alone in that, or games like Minecraft and Starbound wouldn't be so popular. When did MMORPGs even become a genre capable of having graphic snobs?

    Graphics don't need to be top notch to me. But they need to be decent. Great gameplay will keep me playing for a long time but it's got to be at least somewhat visually appealing for me to explore the game enough to even experience gameplay. Right now, I can see the points that a lot of the posters are making and agree that it looks pretty rough. The movement isn't so hot, the UI looks like a rough placeholder, and the "out of range" would drive me crazy. The fire at 1:38 was pretty sweet so I expect the team has potential. I'm not willing to write the game off like (presumably) some of the others are. But based on the footage, I would guess/hope that we're looking at a game that's at least 18-24 months away from launch.

  • coretex666coretex666 PraguePosts: 1,928Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by coretex666
    Originally posted by MumboJumbo
    Originally posted by coretex666

    Games with worse graphics are often much heavier on the RPG side which is what I am looking for.

    The graphics just need to be "sufficient" for me to enjoy the RPG.

    This game looks good enough and I am really looking forward.

    I should probably get more info about it.

    Is there any good source of information regarding character progression, gearing, crafting, enchanting, etc?

     

    Mm, graphics have got better each time from the kickstarter video on towards the other milestones (3) and now 4, it's getting there.

    ProgressionYour Pathfinder Online Character

    Crafting/ProductionButchers, Bakers and Candlestick Makers & Iron and Coke, Chromium Steel

    EnchantingIf I Had a Hammer

    All these systems will start off basic in the Early Enrollment, however.

     

    Thank you. I appreciate it.

    This sounds interesting.

    "It won't be easy or quick to reach the 20th-level capstone in an archetype. Some of the prerequistes for archetype merit badges will be hard to achieve and will require your character to succeed in some extraordinary adventures. In terms of sheer time, I'd like to see the first 20th-level characters emerge around two-and-a-half-years after launch. Capstone-level characters should be unique, powerful individuals not commonly encountered."

    Waiting for L2 EU Classic

  • ValentinaValentina Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,676Member Uncommon
    I think this game is coming along quite nicely, I've been watching it ever since the kick-starter and hope that they get lot's more money to continue to develop it and polish it. This could be something quite special for the MMO genre it carried out to it's full potential.
     
     
    As for graphics, I wouldn't worry about that...It looks like it will end up being extremely well done graphically/visually when it's finished.
  • AldersAlders Jack Burton'sPosts: 1,858Member Uncommon

    I'm still confused as to why Eastern devs are able to make realistic art style MMO gameplay look good while the Western ones always look terrible and stiff.

    Not talking about flashy or over the top as tends to be the case, but more so the actual basic animations.

    There's obviously some unwritten rule stating we can't have both that everyone seems to follow.

  • OzmodanOzmodan Hilliard, OHPosts: 7,191Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Alders

    I'm still confused as to why Eastern devs are able to make realistic art style MMO gameplay look good while the Western ones always look terrible and stiff.

    Not talking about flashy or over the top as tends to be the case, but more so the actual basic animations.

    There's obviously some unwritten rule stating we can't have both that everyone seems to follow.

    Because Eastern developers spend all their time on the graphics and little on the actual game play portion.   Hence you have mostly beautiful games coming out of Asia with little substance to them.   If you notice a lot of those fancy graphic games don't seem to be doing very well.

    Me give me substance any day in the week.  Graphics will always be secondary.  

  • Dren_UtogiDren_Utogi OuterSpacePosts: 1,714Member Uncommon
    critique . Out of range text was to big imho.  maybe come up with a active indicator on the ground that shows the swing radius ?

    reviews are !@#$ing stupid. Play what you love.

2
Sign In or Register to comment.