Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Totally fed up with this game now

Comments

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

Don't blame you, I lost interest when they did not revert servers back after a lot of stuff had been exploited after major patch's, someone then said that it was staff.

For whats happened to you and that response, well that's ridiculous by them.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

It has been a shallow piece of crap since the start. The only reason it was nominated for game of the year is due to lack of brain cells AND the fact that there were so few MMO titles released in 2013.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

It has been a shallow piece of crap since the start. The only reason it was nominated for game of the year is due to lack of brain cells AND the fact that there were so few MMO titles released in 2013.

Pretty much!   I had high hopes for this piece of......lol

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• Homura235Homura235 Member UncommonPosts: 167

Yep, they fooled you, alright.

I quit the game during open beta because I realized it was crap. The sad thing is, I am currently playing it NOW because the MMO scene is so crappy right now. I started a Drow Hunter Ranger since that is the newest race/class they added (I am currently level 34). At least the $20 I initially spent on bag and bank space allowed me to switch my extra bag to my new character. I understand the game it totally free, but it is the worst PAY TO WIN title I have played. And I know we can sit here all night and argue about what "pay-to-win" means, but from MY EXPERIENCE, it is. I had been getting back in to GW2 ever since they started releasing new content every 2 weeks, and that was keeping me busy, since I started grinding mats for ascendeds in between updates. But now they haven't released anything new since the Wintersday stuff, which I finished in 3 days (meaning a few hours spread over a 3-day period). It's nice they added the ascended armor, but that's just more of the same tedious grind. I (like so many others) am patiently awaiting the release of something NEW. Hell, I'll even play ESO if it comes out before Wildstar!

• dragnmastralexdragnmastralex Member UncommonPosts: 29
    I actually went back to some old games like Rappelz and Shaiya waiting for something good to come out.
  • PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    After watching how they handled the economic exploitation I popped smoke and left. 
  • ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

Aye, playing Rift right now, went to take a look at SWTOR but after the initial log-in and 30 mins of play I have not been able to bring myself to log into that PoC since.

You guys are right, the MMO scene has been crap and slow lately with near enough all games last year and the year before being utter failures.

Single player ones have had more of an impact, some big ones being failures whilst some not so well known being hits.

Hope this year is better but have to expect (from previous years) that 98% will be crappy failures as per the usuall, hopefully it wont be a 100% year for that. oh god I hope not.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    It's a fun game for what it is. I don't get sucked into it like a more "worldly" mmo but it's great for some hack and slash fun. I don't play it for epic rewards though just cool stories and combat. The foundry stuff can be a lot of fun.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    It's a fun game for what it is. I don't get sucked into it like a more "worldly" mmo but it's great for some hack and slash fun. I don't play it for epic rewards though just cool stories and combat. The foundry stuff can be a lot of fun.

Agreed.  For all you naysayers about the game's story/writing, please do the following:

1. Play until you reach the graveyard
    2. Find an item dropped by mobs that grants a quest
    3. Laugh at how funny the writing for the quest is

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• BroomyBroomy Member UncommonPosts: 487

I like the class structure in the game and the customization of powers/feats/boons.  Very detailed.  BUT THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN AN MMO HAS NO ENDGAME or even Mini game!  No raids, no housing, all there is to do is roll alts.

I am playing it casually, but I know full well the night will come when I dont want to log in anymore due to NOTHING TO DO.  

Waiting on Wildstar and tinkering with cheap freebies like City of Steam.   

Current Games: WOW, EVE Online

• osc8rosc8r Member UncommonPosts: 688
    Originally posted by evilastro

Also, are you new to MMOs? Endgame grind to move to the next endgame grind... you pretty much described every themepark MMO ever. What other reward were you after? Which other themepark MMO offers this reward?

Meaningful PVP that's fun, and which isn't restricted to standing in circles in tiny instances...?

Or PVE that's challenging and not just your generic yawnfest?

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Drear ring and sharandar are gear up area (as far as I saw at least (I'm at the second step so maybe further its better ) I thing .end game is kings crypt or the 9200 epic .valindra s castle should be nice ,but in the book kings crypt is where its at .I haven't finished never winter book yet but valindra seem to play a huge role . but if you want a challenge grab a group of 9200 or so pug and enter the 9200 epic .
  • ChadiwickerChadiwicker Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Originally posted by osc8r

Or PVE that's challenging and not just your generic yawnfest?

Questing PVE is very soloable, though people have different skill levels. It is, therefore, accessible to a large amount of people.

Higher level epic dungeons (i.e. Epic Dread Vault, Castle Never, Valindra's Tower) are challenging and should provide even the most hardcore players with some fun.

• FanOfSupermanFanOfSuperman Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Originally posted by Tarblood
    Originally posted by Keldor837

My retort to anyone and everyone that complains about this game...

It was designed to be a continuation from the last Neverwinter with a slightly better multiplayer experience than previous titles. Developers went bankrupt and Perfect World bought it, bastardized it into a cash-shop wonder machine like all their other titles, and flushed it out the pipes to make money.

Don't get me wrong, game is interesting and actually fun to play for awhile....but it has no staying power and Perfect World doesn't need it to. They have other titles which they try and draw your attention to on their site when you're getting down on any of their other titles like a perpetual revolving door.

More true words have never been spoken... Damn you, Perfect (imperfect) World... Damn you.

I second...uh...or third this! Basically, I agree!

Neverwinter is a black hole in terms of trying to suck you completely dry of your money without providing a whole lot in return.

It appears that Cryptic/PWE's main goal is to build craptastic games that make a decent earning via upfront purchases and are then put on life-support while they trickle in more cash here-and-there over time.

IMHO, I can't take their games seriously anymore, especially months after they've launched.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by evilastro

I would not be surprised to find out that many of the posters on here are sado-masochists in real life.

You know when you should stop playing a game? When it stops being fun.... Why do you have to turn it into such a drama?

You enjoyed the game enough to play it for 6 months and now you are burnt out, just move on. There's nothing to stop you from trying it again in 6 months to see if you like it enough to play again.

Also, are you new to MMOs? Endgame grind to move to the next endgame grind... you pretty much described every themepark MMO ever. What other reward were you after? Which other themepark MMO offers this reward?

^this^

Seriously if it stops being fun stop playing it, and if it stopped being fun for you 5 months ago and you still kept playing it for 5-6 months rightly blame yourself for being Stupid. Wonder how much drama could be avoided by people taking responsibility for their own actions rather then whining that the big bad companies made them play their game for 5-6 months when it wasn't fun.

Neverwinter I played it and even had fun with it for a month or two and then stopped playing when it wasn't enjoyable for me anymore. God that was easy, and drama free.

• codejackcodejack Member Posts: 208
    Originally posted by winter

Seriously if it stops being fun stop playing it, and if it stopped being fun for you 5 months ago and you still kept playing it for 5-6 months rightly blame yourself for being Stupid.

It stopped being fun after 5 HOURS, and I'm still kicking myself for having wasted that much time on it.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Without a MMO I want to play my wife and I started playing this because we didnt want to pay money for a game we were not in love with the idea of. We are having fun. Dungeon runs are well done and the player made content brings me back to my PnP days. Player humor down to thought provoking content that so far is better then most MMOs content. I dont play games for loot, I play them for how fun the content is and I am having fun!!!! Totally unexpected!!!!
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Without a MMO I want to play my wife and I started playing this because we didnt want to pay money for a game we were not in love with the idea of. We are having fun. Dungeon runs are well done and the player made content brings me back to my PnP days. Player humor down to thought provoking content that so far is better then most MMOs content. I dont play games for loot, I play them for how fun the content is and I am having fun!!!! Totally unexpected!!!!

Is it still in Open Beta?

Originally posted by JudgeUK

Is it still in Open Beta?

No its live.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    I played a great weapon fighter to level 60. Then played a guardian fighter to the mid  30's and a trickster rogue to the mid 30's.  By that point, I'd had more than enough grind, so I know what you mean.  Given that the publisher is PWI, the fact that its a grind fest is pretty much a given.  Its too bad, as it could have been a much better game.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • EpiconEpicon Member Posts: 121

I bought the Hero of the north pack. Paid 199.00. Stopped playing after a month (that's pushing it, maybe three weeks).

Consider it to easily be, my worst gaming purchase ever, (collectors edition TORlet runs second, virtual boy third). Even with that I quickly got over it, bad purchases happen. Yes it sucks, but life goes on and you try not to do it again.

There is no reason to complain really, you don't like the game anymore, games are supposed to be fun, move on if you don't like it.

If I can get over it, after spending 199.00 dollars, and leave after a month, you can too.

Regardless of investment, if a game I am excited for is no longer fun, I just leave. I have better things to do, and better games to play.

With all the MMOs, coming out, and that are out? You are complaining about Neverwinter being a shitfest?

It sounds like you are one of the gaming hobos, that doesn't  want to pay for the MMO they play.

I mean what other explanation could there be? Why else would one stay for 6 months?

Also, you will say how you paid money, even if you didn't, so there is no way to tell.

But if you really did pay nothing? You have nothing to complain about.   

Not to mention, when I tried to go back a few times, simply to check it out again, because I paid way too much and was bored of other games. The game wasn't playable, when I switched to AMD and sold my titans before the 290x was launched. Textures wouldn't load or would take 10 seconds or longer if they even do load, I get maybe 3 frame rates a second. I get games, favor one card or the other most of the time, but this is the worst I have seen. Haven't had problems with any other MMO. It's just shit on all fronts (this is the part where a forum posters claims they have a AMD card, the same or less powerful, and gets AMAZING performance lol)  

"What tastes like purple?"

Originally posted by Wraithone
    I played a great weapon fighter to level 60. Then played a guardian fighter to the mid  30's and a trickster rogue to the mid 30's.  By that point, I'd had more than enough grind, so I know what you mean.  Given that the publisher is PWI, the fact that its a grind fest is pretty much a given.  Its too bad, as it could have been a much better game.

If you play 100% for the carrot games no longer are games. You are now just endlessly playing for x,y,z loot. Now your in the grind zone. I got lost in that for a while in WoW and started to see I was no longer playing for fun like I started. I was playing for better gear to kill harder mobs to get better gear to... Now I just look at the content and ask myself "Am I having fun, is this good content?" Get off the treadmill my friend and start playing games =-) Gear now just happens while I am having fun!!!!

• EpiconEpicon Member Posts: 121
    Originally posted by Wraithone

If you play 100% for the carrot games no longer are games. You are now just endlessly playing for x,y,z loot. Now your in the grind zone. I got lost in that for a while in WoW and started to see I was no longer playing for fun like I started. I was playing for better gear to kill harder mobs to get better gear to... Now I just look at the content and ask myself "Am I having fun, is this good content?" Get off the treadmill my friend and start playing games =-) Gear now just happens while I am having fun!!!!

Best post I have read in awhile. Well done.

"What tastes like purple?"

• Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549

What I find unusual about some of the responses here is that people are assuming that someone playing can actually stop playing when the game ceases to be fun.  Many MMORPGs rely on mental traps in order to have decent retention rates, though thankfully a good majority of people don't get stuck up in them as they primarily manifest at the "end game" where grinding is at it's worst.

Worries that benefit us in real life, like the fear of falling behind schedule, the urge to meet important deadlines and group meet ups, and to stay relevant to the community we are a part of are all turned against us in the end game setting.  It can get to the point that people are mushing themselves along like sled dogs attempting to consume digital content with RNG rates and difficulty curves designed to make the small bit of content as time consuming as possible.

Edit: also, anyone worried about guild obligations in game: Unless you personally know the people in the guild in real life or are part of a competition group, all that is going to happen when you leave is everybody else shrugging their shoulders unless you've ran off with the holy grail of drops from the game.  Don't get sandwiched into guild politics in an environment where anonymity is the norm.

Originally posted by Colt47

What I find unusual about some of the responses here is that people are assuming that someone playing can actually stop playing when the game ceases to be fun.  Many MMORPGs rely on mental traps in order to have decent retention rates, though thankfully a good majority of people don't get stuck up in them as they primarily manifest at the "end game" where grinding is at it's worst.

Worries that benefit us in real life, like the fear of falling behind schedule, the urge to meet important deadlines and group meet ups, and to stay relevant to the community we are a part of are all turned against us in the end game setting.  It can get to the point that people are mushing themselves along like sled dogs attempting to consume digital content with RNG rates and difficulty curves designed to make the small bit of content as time consuming as possible.

We have come to blame the company for trying to make money and designing their content to keep you playing. Name me a MMO that does not do that? Thats like blaming McDonalds for making yummy cheap food so they are to blam for being fat. Put down the fast food and go eat a salad. You can only be responsible for you. It comes a time you need to say.. ok I have played to much I need to stop for today of the week or forever. As your post said above, people are doing it to themselves. If you played for 6 months at some point you were having fun or I have no clue why you played. Then it turned into a grind and a job and they kept playing. PWI IMO is not to blame.