Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's on 50% discount. Is it worth it guys?

obscuredobscured Member UncommonPosts: 62

I m interested in buying the game, i can see here that its one of the top rated games by the community but i m really curious how is that possible , since on other websites i see alot of bad ratings and especially on youtube gameplay videos alot of dislikes. Is this game mostly for FF fans or generally for MMORPGers ? 

Generally i always liked FF but i'm not really a big fan. Do you think i should buy this game?

Thank you for your opinions!

Comments

• handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322

no save your money for ESO.or buy a cheap ps3 and buy destiny when it arrives.

wild star also.I could not even finish levelling so bored I got.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

it is a very well done game. It is not overly innovative but they have a few things they do different like being able to be every class on the one character. Difficulty wise it is a little above average. Not too hard but you do have to group and do instances to go though the story and in the higher levels the instances do get challenging.

Overall I would say that it might not blow you away but it is well worth the price especially now while half off.

All die, so die well.

• drgrandrgran Member UncommonPosts: 192

I like that fact that you can level everything in game. If you wanted something until some other game comes out , It isn't that bad.

For the price the month you try it is worth it. For long term I dont think so.

I play it on and off and like it while i play it but get side tracked from something else.

ASUS G74sx
    i7 quad core
    16gb ddr3 ram
    3gb ram Nvidia 560M
    240GB SSD & 750GB

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

If your a fan of FF games at all, its probably a must have game. Personally i consider it to easily be a much better game than both Wildstar and ESO, but thats just my own preference, as i am a fan generally of FF series of games, so much so that i am seriously hoping that FF XV will be on PC as well as console, another plus point, is if you have a PS4, FF XIV will be coming out on that platform too before too long image

Destiny looking a bit naff, but you will almost definitely want to get The Division when it comes out image

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

Dont let people lie to you.

While i dont play final fantasy 14 any more, that is because ive already completed all the content, meaning ive got the best gear and completed Turn 5 of the binding of coil.

If you havent played it, interested in playing it, then it is worth playing.start today, 15 bucks and 1 months you would enjoy playing it for 2 months without a doubt.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• zevianzevian Member UncommonPosts: 403
    I missed the last 15$ sale and picked it up for 30.   I put my month in and was cool.    It was worth the 30$ i paid, so 15 is a pretty decent price.
  • fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    Agreed, FFXIV is some of the most shallow gameplay I've ever encountered. Getting too bored to level past 20 sums up my experience as well. Even if the game was free it wouldn't be worth playing because of the monthly fee and the fact GW2 doesn't have one.
  • thyraventhyraven Member UncommonPosts: 59

Ive played through the story quest, and in my opinion its worth the playthrough. Its really an epic end-fight for an MMO.

It feels alittle like a RPG at the end there :D

Second playthrough on the other hand is not much fun.

• LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    I definitely think it's worth it, I have had a lot of fun with the game.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

For 50% off it's a steal don't believe anyone check gameplay footage and/or see for yourself.

It's the last P2P game I actually payed to continue subscripiton 4 times whereas a bunch of others didn't last a month and before it was the previous final fantasy mmo so you can see how long it has been for me to find another game that actually is good.

There's many good aspects of the game but be prepared that the combat is old schoolish so it's kinda slow but it gets faster when you unlock more skills AND get skills from other jobs.

If you are going for melee dps and starting as dragoon I suggest you also level a little marauder for fracture (At the start it will be weak but in endgame you will use this disembowel and another skill from dragoon that has a hard name to remember as they deal DoT) and bloodlust (Good heal for dragoon) and pugilist crit buff will help in endgame.

Pugilist is the faster melee dps, Bards are always wanted and provide insane ranged dps with little effort, Black Mages are well favoured for their aoes and big damaging spells, for healers white mage gives best heals BUT scholar while healing a little less gives an armour soaking shield with their heal on anyone hit so it's good too, plus you get a healing fairy which is actually not bad! and for tanks I'd suggest Paladin eventough warriors where buffed I'm pretty sure paladin still more favored eventough warrior is fun (I know I have one at cap).

It's one of the recent games with good content in all aspects imo but it kinda lacks on stuff to do at endgame since latest dungeon released has worse drops than coil but for newer people the latest dungeon is great since it lessens the annoying farming of token (Or whatever it is called forgot) as the drops are of equivalent level I think.

My suggestion if you intend on leveling more than one job don't do like most people that whine there are not enough quests to level more than 1 job but if you start say in limsa lominsa do ONLY quests in that region on your current job and some story and dungeons and battle leves too the next job go in another capital map and so on for the third.

I got dragoon, warrior and summoner and have still quests in most ul'dah maps.

• lafaiellafaiel Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Originally posted by obscured

I m interested in buying the game, i can see here that its one of the top rated games by the community but i m really curious how is that possible , since on other websites i see alot of bad ratings and especially on youtube gameplay videos alot of dislikes. Is this game mostly for FF fans or generally for MMORPGers ? 

Generally i always liked FF but i'm not really a big fan. Do you think i should buy this game?

Thank you for your opinions!

For $15 you really can't go wrong, I enjoy and am still playing it and its doing pretty well sub wise, the reviews you're seeing could also be from the original 2010 release which was a huge flop, the entire game has been remade most for the better, some for the worse but it is what it is.

For $15 its worth trying out even if its you just play for that first month, you might like it or you might not, there is a lot to do depending on your playstyle.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I have said it many times,it does what any other game does but looks a heck of a lot better.

As mentioned Square originated the all class on one player design as well you can craft everything yourself but will take a lot of work.

The bonus is knowing Square Enix is more innovative "usually" for creating content.No they have not gone overly unique as they did in FFXI but i expect they  will have to be unique to keep making content because other games only have a few ideas in their entire game.Point being as Square continues to add content,it will move ahead of other games the way FFXI was and still is.

I don't want to be misleading so i will say this ,Square does tend to stick to a certain trend when making content,so although innovative/unique/different they always follow a similar pattern.An easy example would be they tend to make new currencies to grind,new "types" of gear to grind and new ways to fight to get it.I guess in a way they tend to make you feel like you are starting over again but then so does every game at every level,youreally never vault ahead of your enemies,it is always a horizontal game design.

Even so they will add new ideas like they added the MMM in FFXI,Besieged is still to this day a ONE of a kind type content,Campaigns ect ect.Another idea was the Nyzul Isle 100 floor climb,i would expect more of that type of design to come in the future.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    The odds you wont get your $15 worth is pretty small. If you made this thread you're obviously curious about the game. Don't let someone else make your mind up for you over $15.
  • VyntVynt Member UncommonPosts: 757

I've always been ambivalent about FF stuff in general. I got it a few months back for a similar price, and still going strong. I really enjoy it. I usually don't play a healer in MMOs, but white mage is my favorite class in game.

Definitely give the game a try for only $15. Just make sure you always do main scenario quests and class/job quests. Airship to other lands opens up around level 10 in main scenario quests. Dungeons open up at level 15. You'll have an easier time getting a group faster as a tank, healer, but play whatever you find fun. Also do a few classes since you can use cross class abilities on them. I always liked protect from conjurer early on.

I haven't spent more than a month in a newer MMO in years, so this is a nice change. Just don't try to rush to end game and burn through the game. That makes anything unenjoyable quickly.

• obscuredobscured Member UncommonPosts: 62

So i've tried it out after all.

I'm level 15 so far. Honestly?

It's a good game. But thats it. It's nothing exceptional and i do not understand this game rating, i think its overrated.

It gets very repetitive and the graphics are not that great for a new game. I do understand that for FF fans this could be a very good game, but just for a MMORPG gamer it's just another brick in the wall..

I dont regret the money i spent as i enjoyed my playtime, but i think i could've invested them on a better game.

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

I took the plunge and bought it. Not impressed in any way by it. I'll play it enough to get my $15 worth though since I don't have any other current MMORPG to play.

I dunno about the looks better part either. A lot of the characters and armor just look dreadful.

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670
    Originally posted by obscured

So i've tried it out after all.

I'm level 15 so far. Honestly?

It's a good game. But thats it. It's nothing exceptional and i do not understand this game rating, i think its overrated.

It gets very repetitive and the graphics are not that great for a new game. I do understand that for FF fans this could be a very good game, but just for a MMORPG gamer it's just another brick in the wall..

I dont regret the money i spent as i enjoyed my playtime, but i think i could've invested them on a better game.

The game opens up exactly where you are right now.  you won't unlock all of the games features until lvl 25 when you get your choco license and airship pass.

At 15 is when you start doing your first story dungeons and then from then on, the story, mechanics and world completely open up.  Do yourself a favor and finish the story.  Make sure to open up other classes to compliment the skills on your main.  Try out a raid at 50... like CT before forming an opinion.

your opinion is of many people who formed an opinion at lvl 15, but stuck it out, came back and LOVED the game.   If you really want to get your money's worth.... finish the story.

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,983
    Originally posted by fantasyfreak112
    Agreed, FFXIV is some of the most shallow gameplay I've ever encountered. Getting too bored to level past 20 sums up my experience as well. Even if the game was free it wouldn't be worth playing because of the monthly fee and the fact GW2 doesn't have one.

Getting one class to level 20 takes about 3 days.  The first month of FFXIV-ARR is free.  You don't even have to give them a credit card number for that first month.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Not as far as I'm concerned. Found it to be utterly bland.  Buy Rust instead.
  • DangerNobuoDangerNobuo Member UncommonPosts: 96

Game is easily worthy of a $60 price tag, let alone the retail of $30.

If you are a fan of the IP you will love this game, if you don't care for Final Fantasy the game probably won't be for you.

• DeepfallDeepfall Member UncommonPosts: 51
    deleted