Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark Souls II: New Trailer Reminds You Why

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Namco Bandai has released a brand new Dark Souls II trailer that reminds players of their determination, their goals, the entire scenario of "why" they are doing what they do. It's an interesting take on a rather bleak game that shines it in a different light. Check it out to see what you think and let us know your thoughts in the comments.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    It is going to be an awesome March with TitanFall and Dark Souls 2.. There is also Thief coming out February 25th.
  • causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Originally posted by ThomasN7
    It is going to be an awesome March with TitanFall and Dark Souls 2.. There is also Thief coming out February 25th.

Instead of Titanfall (which I don't like AT ALL) I have Insurgency! Instead of Dark Souls 2 I have The Last of Us + DLC and instead of Thief (I loved the old ones, new one seems meh) I have Marvel Heroes. But yeah, awesome month haha!

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

Do want, DO WANT! I was just reminiscing with a friend about how we played a good portion of Dark Souls on ventrilo so the game would feel more like a multiplayer experience than it actually was. I wish co-op capabilities were more robust, but I'm still looking forward to this.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by causs

Instead of Titanfall (which I don't like AT ALL) I have Insurgency! Instead of Dark Souls 2 I have The Last of Us + DLC and instead of Thief (I loved the old ones, new one seems meh) I have Marvel Heroes. But yeah, awesome month haha!

Could not agree more although I don't like Marvel Heroes much.   Insurgency and Last of Us are far cheaper and a lot more fun.

Neither Titanfall or Dark Souls II are worth that kind of money.  

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    I was almost expecting to see a US Marine wearing dress blues face the camera and give a saber salute in the end.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Passing on this. Got Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition through Steam when it came out.  It bored me to tears. I honestly fell asleep while playing it the first time. The following attempts at playing it didn't fair much better.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    I've found I'm kind of into these types of games. I loved god of war 3, castelvenia los, etc. I never played dark souls but have seen people list it in the favorites. I'll probably pick it up one day so I'm ready for this one. Can't say I love it enough to pay $60 though :P
  • causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

Could not agree more although I don't like Marvel Heroes much.   Insurgency and Last of Us are far cheaper and a lot more fun.

You do know Marvel Heroes is a F2P game? So far I've only spend €4,- and played over 150 hours. They all provide a different kind of fun. How much is subjective of course. 

• plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397

cannot wait!! dark souls was the finest 1 player game i have ever played. Just bummed that they stil wont confirm when the PC release date will actually be

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

• TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435

Considering Dark Souls I have put in over 300 hours and Demon Souls a lot more than that, I would say I received fantastic value for my money. It might not be 'your' kinda game, but the value is there for those whom love it. Which might I add is LOTS of people. This is not a niche game we talking about here. 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    I absolutely love Dark Souls.This is a must buy for me.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • StimzStimz Member UncommonPosts: 79

Dark souls,Once I gave it an actual try, became one of the finest RPGs i have ever played, and is at the top of my list for games i have played in my life. Definitely will buy this.

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

The last bastion of hope for console games as far as I can tell. Most of everything else that comes out seems to be more of the same: linear playable movies with quicktime events.

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Originally posted by Tsumoro

Considering Dark Souls I have put in over 300 hours and Demon Souls a lot more than that, I would say I received fantastic value for my money. It might not be 'your' kinda game, but the value is there for those whom love it. Which might I add is LOTS of people. This is not a niche game we talking about here. 

I would add that I'm willing to bet The Last of Us doesn't have the same kind of replay value that Dark Souls does. I'm sure that kind of thing isn't tracked but it seems like there are more people replaying Dark Souls on twitch than there are people playing or replaying The Last of Us, and the latter is newer.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by Stimz

Dark souls,Once I gave it an actual try, became one of the finest RPGs i have ever played, and is at the top of my list for games i have played in my life. Definitely will buy this.

Interesting enough, Yahtzee of "Zero Punctuation" just reviewed Dark Souls (original) and he is a convert.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/8802-Dark-Souls

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

This is one of my most anticipated games of the year.I was skeptical of Dark Souls till I actually played(Late on the PC) but once I got past that brutal,no clue what I'm doing first hour found solid footing on the game mechanics the game became a sublime.

Oh except for those 2 archers in Anor Londo whoever put that in the game needs to DIAF!!!!

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    Can't wait. Dark Souls was the only single player game in the past... not even sure how many years that absolutely sucked me in. Lived and breathed that game for many a month. I think this trailer captures what the game is all about. Sure, you might go into a boss battle and get absolutely destroyed, and some people don't like losing. But for those that can think critically, work through a problem, and find the best solution that fits the situation it is extremely rewarding to finally defeat said boss. Plus I love the dark and gritty feeling the game has to it.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

You do know Marvel Heroes is a F2P game? So far I've only spend €4,- and played over 150 hours. They all provide a different kind of fun. How much is subjective of course. 

Yep Marvel heroes is a good value, I just did not like being limited to playing their heroes and a limited selection at that.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Dark Souls 2, The Witcher 3, Pillars of Eternity, Divinity: Original Sin... this'll be a good year for SP RPGs in general.
  • AbndnAbndn Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    I've found I'm kind of into these types of games. I loved god of war 3, castelvenia los, etc. I never played dark souls but have seen people list it in the favorites. I'll probably pick it up one day so I'm ready for this one. Can't say I love it enough to pay $60 though :P

Dark Souls is a great game but it is nothing at all like the games you listed.

• AbndnAbndn Member Posts: 53

Good job passing off your opinion as an undisputed fact. No game is "worth" anything in particular, it's up to each consumer. For another Dark Souls I'd pay hundreds if I had to. I'd trade every Bethesda and Bioware game along with every FPS and every MMORPG made in the last 10 years if that's what it took to have another experience like Dark Souls.

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670

I got 500 hours + of fun out of Dark Souls for 30 euros. It can't get any cheaper or more fun than that.