Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

59$ for the box. 59$ for max level. Hell yeah, cut the crap?

13»

Comments

• Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077
    Originally posted by Caldrin
    Part of why i like mmorpgs is the character development.. if the game is so bad that you want to cut that bit of it out then its just not worth playing..

No, WoW has -- 50 -- characters PER client.

Buy 3 games of WoW...that's 150 toons on 15 realms you are faced to level.

No other MMO offers that many toons to level. None. Zip. Nada.

It seems a lot, but for every realm you level toons on 1 main will need his army of tradeskillers. So to have bases on 15 realms, that's 15 mains and at least 50 tradeskillers.

Other games don't have that issue with but 4 character slots in the whole game per client. WoW does have an issue when it's now going to be level 100.

• GuyClinchGuyClinch Member CommonPosts: 485
    Originally posted by jpnz
    Originally posted by GuyClinch
    EQ2 does it. GW2 does not - last I checked. Experience boosters aren't the same as max level. The end game is pretty small in GW2 so it wouldn't make sense. But following anything smedley does is pretty stupid on the part of WoW.

Trade gem for Gold -> Buy Mats from TP -> Make stuff -> get level 80

So other than pressing a few more buttons for 1 hour, pretty sure GW2 is the same.

Weak.

You have to still PLAY the game in GW2. The gem for gold rate stinks. You are only fooling people who don't play the game.It takes more then an hour to level a guy with crafting in GW2. I am sure you could trade a real life Pizza for a lot of mats in most MMOs. By your standard any game is like WoW..<g>

Let's face it Blizzard joined SOE in trying to profit off their boring leveling. They tried to fix leveling in Cata and just made it way more boring. Yeah now mages can tank dungeons..that's fun.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

For a new game? No, it should be entertaining enough to play through once or twice, otherwise what is the point?

For an old top heavy game which I am returning to? Maybe, probably not $60, but maybe more along the lines of $15 to 20.

Realistically for WoW, everyone has levelled many alts, probably even a few after Cata.  For a grinder you are looking at 4-5 days best case scenario to get to max level, for a non-grinder you are looking at close to a month.  That's a month that they don't get to play with friends (since WoW has no mentoring system) unless the friend levels with them, but that can be pretty boring for someone who doesn't want a new character and has been through the content multiple times.

Granted it was kind of poor form to take out the resurrection scroll friend level to push this extra payment, and $60 is ridiculous, but the concept behind it is fine.  

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Also you can buy max level characters in any MMO, the only difference here is that the developer is getting the money, not a farmer.
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Voted no, but only because 60

bucks seems kinda expensive. 15 to 20 bucks and I wold hvve voted yes :)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• TatercakeTatercake Member UncommonPosts: 286
    man this is the problem with this new generation of gammers that anoys me ya im oldya ive been around playing games since i was a child   and this crap and i do mean it as crap  is bs what you end up with is a bunch of tards running around at maxed out lv crying how do i do this how do i do that is what leroy jankins was all about  i remeber when he started god pissed me off whipes every run not knowing crap about how to play ug pisses me off i dont mind xp pots and so on there learning there toon and how to play it  but max out at the start stupid stupid stupid 
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067

If I am not playing through a game there is no point in buying it. Does not matter the amount I paid it is the fact that I buy games to play and getting to the end game is my goal. What would be the point of a paid goal it defeats my very purpose of playing.

Chamber of Chains
  • LissylLissyl Member UncommonPosts: 271
    To me, the entire thrill of MMO's is in the journey TO max level.  I dread actually reaching it.  No, I would never pay for such a feature.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Stizzled
    The fact that anyone would be willing to buy a brand new game and then immediately pay to skip 90% of the content says quite a lot about the current state of MMOs and the people that play them.

It says a lot about the current state of mmos (mmo is not an mmorpg btw). Do you really want to kill bandits, and collect rings to level cap? I sure as hell don't. I've been doing that for years. I would happily pay to skip it. The only purpose questing servers in most mmorpgs now, is to extend the game long enough for you to pay. 

Gone are the days of learning your class while leveling. Classes have a 1/3  of the skills now and those skills are limited in scope. 

Cut the crap, and get rid of that style of mmorpg progression. Look to mmorpgs like EVE and Age of Wushu on how to break the quest grinder mold. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by laserit
    If the content of the game was so bad that I would want to skip it, why the hell would I want to play the game in the first place.

My thoughts exactly.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077
    Originally posted by GuyClinch

Let's face it Blizzard joined SOE in trying to profit off their boring leveling. They tried to fix leveling in Cata and just made it way more boring. Yeah now mages can tank dungeons..that's fun.

The quests weren't boring. The problem is players can't just grab quests by flying in. Now players have to run around looking for the BREADCRUMBS that lead to the OPEN SESAME quest giver to unlock another zone's quests.

You'd need Wowhead to do the quests, or spend a lifetime trying to fine ONE NPC that allows you to do those Thousand Needles quests on the boat.

Cata became a nightmare, not only with quests,  just trying to find them when the world was shattered. Poor Ashenvale, it was totally ripped apart. }:(

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    no .. but i don't usually pay for my MMO. There are enough free fun.