Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: Grab One of 40,000 Beta Keys While You Can!

12346»

Comments

• suizendosuizendo Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Originally posted by kabitoshin
    Well damnit just woke up and found out about this, and said giveaway is now over. Kinda sour bout this game signed up when signups were first announced and gotten 1 beta weekend invite.

So you have not given them money, or contributed in any way, yet you are expecting a free handout because you're special for giving them your email?

Exactly why are you entitled to anything at all?

And I dont understand why people feel they are somehow owed something in exchange for how long they have been signed up for beta. It's not like you are exerting effort, or paying money, or otherwise "enduring" the time between signing up and getting a beta key. Since when does doing nothing ensure getting something for free?

It's a random pool, get over it. I want a beta key too.

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Originally posted by suizendo
    Well damnit just woke up and found out about this, and said giveaway is now over. Kinda sour bout this game signed up when signups were first announced and gotten 1 beta weekend invite.

So you have not given them money, or contributed in any way, yet you are expecting a free handout because you're special for giving them your email?

And I dont understand why people feel they are somehow owed something in exchange for how long they have been signed up for beta. It's not like you are exerting effort, or paying money, or otherwise "enduring" the time between signing up and getting a beta key. Since when does doing nothing ensure getting something for free?

You damn right I'm entitled if they want my money they better give me a key!

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Gestankfaust
    Originally posted by Yoofaloof
    How about dishing keys out to the folk already signed up months ago?

^This

How about the people that signed up already?

Because doing things like this is marketing 101 to create awareness of the game and excitement,just about every MMO dev does it.

Also signing up for beta never carries any guarantee  of getting in bar a very few cases in the past just a random chance.

Usually the only way to work your way in is by signing up early and being active enough in the game's community either in the official forums if any or social media to get noticed.

• suizendosuizendo Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Originally posted by suizendo

You damn right I'm entitled if they want my money they better give me a key!

I'm sorry but that is ignorant.

"If they want my money they better give me something for free!" 

that is not logic. You will be able to give them your money for a paid service when the game releases. 

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    It's over, according to the link.  Time to stop the thread.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    Never had a chance, oh well just the weekend, bah.
  • TheAmazingDwarfTheAmazingDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Great! See you guys in Nexus!

My FFXIV ARR referral code for new EU accounts: 5JPF7ZQ3
    Step into the amazing world of Eorzea! Use this reference code on a new account and we'll both get goodies for it!

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Fucking great,,  Giveaway happens at midnight UK time and by the time I get up its all over.

Seriously any chance you give us peeps on the other side of the planet a fucking chance at stuff now and again??

That has pissed me RIGHT OFF!

• devontedevonte Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Originally posted by Wolfhammer

Fucking great,,  Giveaway happens at midnight UK time and by the time I get up its all over.

Seriously any chance you give us peeps on the other side of the planet a fucking chance at stuff now and again??

It was at 5pm UK time...

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    The level of entitlement on these forums and in this genre in general is pretty disgusting.
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    Originally posted by devonte
    Originally posted by Wolfhammer

It was at 5pm UK time...

The daily digest email from MMORPG anouncing the giveaway came just after midnight.  The same time they always arrive.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

UK time:

The mmorpg announcement was around mid-day over here, with the promotion starting a few hours later at 5pm. Not sure where the midnight reference comes from.

• amber-ramber-r Member Posts: 323
    40,000 keys went fast.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    One day after i entered my email adress there i get "Blizzard Entertainment - Account Investigation Notification" scam...

• AG-ODINAG-ODIN Member UncommonPosts: 34

How the heck did i not get a key i was there bang on 5pm UK time and went through first time saying it could take up to 24hours to get a key. Still nothing!! granted there is still 20mins left but i dount i will get one in that time.

So much for first come first serve!

• midnitewolfmidnitewolf Member UncommonPosts: 64

Well looks like I got cheated.  Got the thank you message and notification I would get a key within 24 hours.  Well it is almost 24 hours now and no key.

So basically they got my email address so they can send me spam marketing but I got nothing in return.  Total BS.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    The whole promotion looks like a clever stunt to get hand on ~ 100.000 email-adresses within a few minutes.

• midnitewolfmidnitewolf Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Originally posted by Volgore
    The whole promotion looks like a clever stunt to get hand on ~ 100.000 email-adresses within a few minutes.

Yep this is exactly what it looks like.  Honestly there should have been a message saying they were out rather than a message thanking me for my partisipation then not providing me a key.    I honestly didn't even catch the message "if you are selected" and if I would have known I was apparently entering a lottery rather than a guarenteed key if I submitted in time, I would never have signed up.  Honestly I feel like complaining to Carbine about this BS even though I know it is meaningless.  Don't even care about the key, just pissed because I feel it was just a marketing stunt to get my email address.

Originally posted by midnitewolf

Well looks like I got cheated.  Got the thank you message and notification I would get a key within 24 hours.  Well it is almost 24 hours now and no key.

So basically they got my email address so they can send me spam marketing but I got nothing in return.  Total BS.

yup same boat here.Very dubious.

As an update I just got a reminder email from godandkey.com about the Wildstar beta with my key.A reminder for something I never received in the first place lol.

Of course now I've fond my NCSoft master account has been permanently banned...not a good start.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    The sense of entitlement is strong with this thread.  It was first come, first serve.  Sorry you guys were too slow.  I got mine without any issue and no unusual spam. 
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube