Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World exploration, is it like Vanguard?

awiaawia Member Posts: 96

Vanguard's world gave me a sense of adventure and made me want to explore, to people who played Vanguard, does it give you that same feeling?

What I am looking for wide open spaces(Vanguard is semi-open world), all directions not blocked off by mountains etc. Seeing something 2 miles away (really long draw distance) and being able to get there. Basically no world design that forces you down a path.

I know I am putting Vanguard on a pedestal, but Vanguard was the only MMO world drew me in.

Comments

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by awia

Vanguard's world gave me a sense of adventure and made me want to explore, to people who played Vanguard, does it give you that same feeling?

What I am looking for wide open spaces(Vanguard is semi-open world), all directions not blocked off by mountains etc. Seeing something 2 miles away (really long draw distance) and being able to get there. Basically no world design that forces you down a path.

I know I am putting Vanguard on a pedestal, but Vanguard was the only MMO world drew me in.

Adventuresome for a little bit. But not even close to vanguard with exploration.

• NightliteNightlite Member UncommonPosts: 227
    Yea it felt big at first, and looking for artifacts brought you to places you might not normally go.. but in the end the world isn't big enuf to get lost in, and becomes very familiar.
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    No.

You make me like charity

• HowryHowry Member UncommonPosts: 116

As a big Everquest and Vanguard fan I did enjoy Rift. It is much different then either of them. It doesnt have the exploration that Vanguard did but it is still fun for a couple of months.

• Kingmob23Kingmob23 Member UncommonPosts: 78
    You may enjoy this game but if you are only interested in it for it's exploration value, then this game is not for you. Very linear, with very small zones. WoW and EQ2 have much larger game world's and are very very similar to rift gameplaywise.