Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Based on the information out currently, which MMO do you plan on purchasing (ESO or Wildstar)??

Comments

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198

They both have their own merits.  Wildstar actually seems like a good WoW clone.   Don't know how long I can follow the quest hubs.  

ESO is strange but its pretty fun.   The thing I hate about it is that you seem limited to open blandness in your class/ability choices.  You have an open choice in what you want but a limiting pool of bland abilities.  

But right now neither until I see more of the game for both of them.

• cnutempcnutemp Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by squalleonaha
    i'll purchase Flappy bird mmo

i dont know why but this made me lol hard.

• GuyClinchGuyClinch Member CommonPosts: 485
    Both. The only question for me is do I buy TESO for my g/f. She likes more comical/cartoony games and that game seems a bit serious for her.
  • TX_ImhotepTX_Imhotep Member Posts: 30
    Wildstar. Played the TESO beta and didnt care for it.
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Originally posted by sludgebeard
    Its a big year for MMO's and I would say these are the top contenders, which one is on your list?

I would say you are wrong. The repopulation is the only contender at this point.

After playing both of these games, ESO and Mildstar the sleep aid, I won't be buying either.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• AzzrasAzzras Member UncommonPosts: 407
    ^^ MMO Gamers:  Always a fanboy, never a fan.

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

played wildstar beta.

Played elder scrolls beta.

Bought ESO imperial edition.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by ThumbtackJ
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Not sure Wildstar is really the game for me if the focus is on end game raiding a la WOW.

This is how I feel as well.

I'm still sort of on the fence with TESO, mostly due to the PvE content, but the RvR has me wanting to pick it up. So I'll probably pick it up come pay day.

Agreed, the RVR content and the fact some DAOC mates want to play it is the real reason I took the plunge.

If the rest of the game doesn't suck it will be worth the money. 

Besides, it pushed me to buy a new gaming laptop, so I'm set up regardless how the game turns out. image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• osc8rosc8r Member UncommonPosts: 688

None, they are both generic, boring MMO's we've all played dozens of times already.

Playing DOTA 2 until Repopulation, Archeage or EQN show up.

• Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077

None.

WoD will be coming for WoW this year, so that's enough (hopefully there will be a better human male figure -- with more real sized body dimensions -- to take pretty videos and pictures with. Like to get into some T2 and not look like William Shatner [fat butt guy] in the process!).

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547

ESO over WOW... oops, I mean Wildstar.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• RexersRexers Member UncommonPosts: 10

I originally wrote off Wildstar because of the art style, but after revisiting it and reading more information and watching videos on the game, I have to say:

Wildstar looks awesome!!!

I might play ESO too...but I feel so skeptical about the game. The beta made me yawn. I did not make it to lvl 10 or PvP. So with all the "You need to PvP" or "The game gets really good after lvl 10" talk, I feel like I have to give it another try, but for now:

WIldstar

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Neither at release but after 6 months from bargain bin for 20 bucks for sure.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

ESO- likely purchase

WILDSTAR- I wouldn't take a free copy

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Wildstar easily.

ESO... I'll just go play Skyrim or Oblivion if I want that experience done much better and I have 0 interest in the seige pvp (which btw is awesome, just not for me). The games combat is lack luster for certain, something it got from its older brothers which I usually excuse due to the over-all experience but for me it wasn't working it was just a cheap copy over the single player games with much more annoyances from being an MMo then anything else. I have a feeling this game will fall on its face unless the PvP can keep enough attention as its novalty wears off and the fact your paying monthly for it sinks in.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527
    After testing both of these games, I will be playing neither, as neither have anything unique or groundbreaking about them, I will wait till the next batch in the next couple of years gets released that actually brings something new to the table besides the same old same old wrapped in a new bow.

• plat0nicplat0nic Member Posts: 301
    I'll start with ESO and see how it goes. I am definitely open to Wildstar as well but I'm giving ESO the edge because of maturity level and look and feel. So tired of cartoon games like Wildstar.

Main Game: Eldevin (Plat0nic)
    2nd Game: Path of Exile (Platonic Hate)

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I'm not happy with some of ESO's choices, but both. 

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527
    Originally posted by Siveria
    Originally posted by flizzer
    I'll probably play them both when they go F2P
    [mod edit]

People have different tastes... most seem to like playing the same thing over and over with a different skin..deviate from it they complain about it till its just like the rest....go figure..

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,416
    Originally posted by plat0nic
    I'll start with ESO and see how it goes. I am definitely open to Wildstar as well but I'm giving ESO the edge because of maturity level and look and feel. So tired of cartoon games like Wildstar.

Heh true, I personally cannot stand wildstars character designs they are god aweful. The world itself is fine but the player races all look like shit so I am having a hard time enjoying the game. I'm picky about my chars looks, if I don't like the char models I just don't get into the game, I'm a exile human and it bascally looks like a redneck hick stick figure with tits, not that the other races fare much better. For me to like them they just need better faces and a waist slider so the chars don't look anorexic as hell, Way to thin.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• gieger808gieger808 Member UncommonPosts: 158
    I was excited by both titles. But now I'm playing Aura Kingdom, and man, do I love this little game! I think I'll pass on both for now.
  • JemAs666JemAs666 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Buying Both!
  • Black-MagicBlack-Magic Member UncommonPosts: 103
    ESO for the win. I didnt think I would be this hyped for the game.. 

• DaxxanDaxxan Member UncommonPosts: 384
    I'm sure that I will buy both, but I am more interested in ESO because of the PvP.  However, even if I stick with ESO, I definitely will give Wildstar a test drive.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Already preordered collectors ESO. Will be playing that while waiting for ArcheAge as a ftp mmo to play on the side.