Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anything you can do against those new ship less pirates?

eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265

I got 2 friends to play dfuw during the promo and i bought them 20 fishing trawlers to get them to 25-30k PP. Those trawlers lasted for less then 3 days, then every single one was gone, taken by pirates. They told me their boats got entered on the open sea with no other ships around and they never had a chance to fight back because they got killed before they even were able to stop the boat.

Since I found that hard to believe I took a fishing trawler myself, went out to the open sea and guess what, I experienced exactly the same thing. Open sea, heavy fog, no other ships around. Suddenly some guy right behind me, killing me, then ganking me before I could stop the ship. Oops, seems they were right. This kind of stuff didn't happen when I started playing so I have no idea what's going on.

Imho what's happening should not be possible on this scale. I've been busy with real life for a while so wonder if there's any change that allows you to detect ships far out on the open sea or what the heck is going on? They were not traveling along the cost line or map border so camping the usual routes was not the reason.

LFG!

Comments

• DuluDulu Member UncommonPosts: 58

No one can really know for sure unless they watch video of what happened to your friends, but the best guess is hackers.

Darkfall has a long history of being plagued by cheaters. Wouldn't surprise me at all if people were abusing teleport cheats to board vessels and kill people.. probably not even stealing the boats, just doing it to grief people.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    I have been playing this game since release and have never had that happen.  Nor have I ever heard of this happening.  So either you're lying and looking for an excuse to bash the game or you are telling the truth and someone was hacking.  Do you have any video proof of these 20 occurrences?
  • LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    I have been playing this game since release and have never had that happen.  Nor have I ever heard of this happening.  So either you're lying and looking for an excuse to bash the game or you are telling the truth and someone was hacking.  Do you have any video proof of these 20 occurrences?

You could just look up his posting history here where he actually defends AV and says he never felt like he fought any1 that hacked that hit everything etc. So I think this might be his first encounter with some1 hacking, and with it happening to his 2 friends as well, it sure sounds like some1 put in in motion. Rly hate cheaters personally, and I guess there's not much one can do, and it sux that you loose more from peeps hacking in a game like DFUW with full loot etc.

To OP. You should try to record it if you ever head out again by yourself, and report it if it does happen again. If this happened to you and 2 friedns, it will happen again for sure. Just make sure you head out around the same time, so the hacker might be there as well. And record, and then report it to AV and hope for the Banhammer to strike hard.

• DuluDulu Member UncommonPosts: 58

I'm sorry, but are you seriously implying hacking isn't and has never been rampant in Darkfall?

I'm not even bashing the game - but it's pretty common knowledge the game is a nest of cheaters.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by Dulu

I'm sorry, but are you seriously implying hacking isn't and has never been rampant in Darkfall?

I'm not even bashing the game - but it's pretty common knowledge the game is a nest of cheaters.

It's not been my experience.  I'm also not denying that this game has hackers, like any other game, but it is most certainly not a "nest of cheaters" as you portray.

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    strange, was scrapping and doing other stuff with probably stuff on me that more worth than a trawler with some poor noobs and NEVER encountered this problem. Try to report him since you got the combat log 
  • LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    Maybe they were just swimming in the ocean, waiting for a boat to pass. I've known people who do that, and I've gotten a boat myself doing it.

20 trawlers lost sounds pretty absurd.. almost as absurd as buying 20 trawlers for 2 people....
  • eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265

This is not me trying to troll, I just bought the 6 month promo for my 2 accounts and am still happy with the game. I really didn't encounter any serious cheating in DFUW so far, a few obvious radar users but that was it. Still the events of the last days annoyed the crap out of me since they killed my friends motivation and I have no explanation how, thus I decided to ask if someone else does. Which doesn't seem to be the case. A good sign most likely.

I'll contact a GM and nag him/her for any idea on what was happening. I don't have any experience with the darkfall staff, but in some games they reply, so there's hope.

So thanks to the people trying to help. As for the rest, expect me to loot your dead body! Or die trying (;

PS: Lustmord, buying a cheap bulk from a ship craft levelling clanie to help lowbie friends is not anywhere absurd in my world.

LFG!
  • JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

Is this EU or NA?

I havent seen anyone when Ive been trawling, its hard to believe you lost 20 ships unless you are sailing in primetime near land or near sieges or something.

best off asking on official forums, or even just pming the guy who killed you and asking him to explain, instead of assuming he cheating. if you are sure hes cheating then make a ticket, better yet record the incident.

My blog: image

• YesusYesus Member UncommonPosts: 9

I can bet they were swimming forward on AFK on a boat and when being killed had to run back to machine or simply found themselves dead spawned next to bindspot upon they return.

I have once tried to swim around on a boat and seach for scrappers and except for obvious danger V it was very hard to find someone. If i managed to locate such person 90% of the time they were AFK not even noticing someone is on the boat hitting them.

• GrunchGrunch Member Posts: 493
    This is what happens when you have a full loot game. People will cheat even more when items are on the line and even more so when real life cash is. The cheats available in this game are insane, I even tried them just to see if they could "catch" me and what advantages they provided. Welp never got caught but did learn what to look for and could tell what players were using and there were a lot and some very popular ones at that. Getting ganked like that out on the water multiple time? I would believe that was RADAR before them actually just stumbling across unsuspecting players in the middle of no where. Only an idiot thinks this game doesn't have a cheat problem, lol. GTFO.

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Cheaters suck.   They are the bane of games like this and Mortal Online.

That said, sounds like some exaggeration on the part of the OP.  20 times in under 3 days?  If you said you gave them a few boats and this happened I'd believe it, but 20 times strains believability. 

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• YesusYesus Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Originally posted by Grunch
     I even tried them just to see if they could "catch" me and what advantages they provided.

Testimony of a cheater.

Also noone in this post said cheats in DFUW does not exist but more like stated that they do exist like everywhere but it is not so popular.

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    I've literally never run into anybody who was demonstrably cheating.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Originally posted by Holophonist
    I've literally never run into anybody who was demonstrably cheating.

614 people listed on the Ban hammer.   Some names from very large clans listed as "CHEATING" right on the page.  There are people from VAMP, ABSO, KGB, LOST MINIONS, EMPIRE, GUTS, SINISTER, IMPERIUM, BLOOD and many... many more.

I know you played the game but it seems very, very unlikely that you never ran into someone cheating. 

Edit: Unless of course you really mean "literally running into" which in this can would involve physical interaction with the perpetrators.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    well, like I said I never saw anybody demonstrably cheating. Might not be the perfect word for it but the point is I've never seen anybody obviously cheating or run into anybody that I even strongly suspected was cheating (like landing 20/20 shots or something without having a reputation for being good). That doesn't mean that NOBODY cheats, but it means I doubt there's a cheating PROBLEM. 
  • eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265

A quick/final update. It seems that DF:UW has some routing problems that affect me and some other players - but not all players. The last routing point right before the AV server gives these players serious network regularly: Minute long lags, heavy packet loss, etc.

To me it seems more then possible that heavy lags/packet loss caused the issues describe in my original posting. The surroundings don't update and most likely the HP packets don't come through anymore either. Thus you don't see any enemy ships or someone hitting you. And suddenly there's some new data: BOOM!

Thanks to the people that tried to help.
    LFG!