Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: Ask Us Anything Tackles Preorders & PvP Among Others

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest Elder Scrolls Online Ask Us Anything has been posted on the official site. This time, the bulk of questions came in on two topics of keen interest to fans: PvP and the preorder program but also ranged as wide as guild features, whether or not players can adventure together from the get go and others.

If you want to start out and level with friends, do you all have to be the same race to log in and quest from level one together? Or do you just need to be members of the same alliance?

If you want to start adventuring with your friends right from the get-go, all you need to do is ensure you've all selected the same alliance. After you're done with the introduction, you'll find yourselves in the same location, and you'll be able to group up and get to the action! Don't forget that you can get together and form a guild, too.

Read the rest on the Elder Scrolls Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• joe2721joe2721 Member UncommonPosts: 171
    Well i went over there to read it and every time i click on the ask us anything link on there main page it puts me back to the age verification over and over

• TridianTridian Member UncommonPosts: 273
    yeah it was quite annoying. unable to view
  • DamediusDamedius Member Posts: 346
    Looks like the Imperial stuff is available during early access. The Explorer pack isn't available till launch.
  • RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451
    I finally got past their poorly coded age gate, but doesn't look like Suzie Ford read the article she's talking about.   It does not mention PvP, at all, at any point, in any way.  The entire AMA is basically about preorder bonuses with a dash of race/alliance questions thrown in.   Nothing at all about PvP.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

So one vanity pet per account.  Does that also mean one horse per account?

Will I get the vanity pet on all my characters?

The vanity pets in ESO are accessible account-wide. Any character can read the in-game mail that the vanity pet is delivered in, and retrieve the attachment. When a character retrieves an attachment, the attachment is removed from the in-game mail and placed in the character’s inventory for use. If you wish to use the vanity pet on a different character, you can simply place it in the bank and retrieve it with the new character.  Each attachment is a single item.

Found this also. 

Will I get the Imperial Horse on all my characters? – Trevor Willin

If you purchase the Imperial Edition, all your characters will have access to the Imperial Horse.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by SBFord

The latest Elder Scrolls Online Ask Us Anything has been posted on the official site. This time, the bulk of questions came in on two topics of keen interest to fans: PvP and the preorder program but also ranged as wide as guild features, whether or not players can adventure together from the get go and others.

If you want to start out and level with friends, do you all have to be the same race to log in and quest from level one together? Or do you just need to be members of the same alliance?

If you want to start adventuring with your friends right from the get-go, all you need to do is ensure you've all selected the same alliance. After you're done with the introduction, you'll find yourselves in the same location, and you'll be able to group up and get to the action! Don't forget that you can get together and form a guild, too.

Read the rest on the Elder Scrolls Online site.

I suppose I would ask:

Why isn't this game more sandbox or sandpark, which is where the industry is heading?  Many games getting hate these days at least have a little sand.  The flops are themeparks.  TESO is a themepark.

/sigh

/triple-duck (for stepping up)

ps - I am not concerned with money brought in to make games successful..  The fun and longevity factor makes a game successful to me.

Thanks.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• zenomexzenomex Member UncommonPosts: 242
    They simply reposted information of the pre-purchase pack found on the pre-purchase page... They didn't "tackle" it at all. They didn't comment to the 'WHY, WHY YOU DO THIS BETHESDA" once.
  • CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by Karteli

I suppose I would ask: 

Why isn't this game more sandbox or sandpark, which is where the industry is heading?  Many games getting hate these days at least have a little sand.  The flops are themeparks.  TESO is a themepark.

/sigh

/triple-duck (for stepping up) 

ps - I am not concerned with money brought in to make games successful..  The fun and longevity factor makes a game successful to me. 

Thanks. 

TOR is a major success, and it's possibly one of the least sandy games ever.  ESO and Wildstar both have the potential to be big, and neither is remotely sandy.  What major developer other than SOE is showing any sign of moving toward more sand?

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• CalvenCalven Member Posts: 151
    That has got to be one of the tamest AMAs.. They didn't adress several issues but merely repeated what has been told before. I refuse to believe that they only received the questions they posted there. But, of course, going in to a debate about the issue of pre-orders at this point will only be bad for the game, considering how close we are to launch...