Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let them walk or soul gems on-hand in PVP

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    A strong guild will rez their people for the win.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583

Personally at the earliest opportunity I will be taking the soul magic passive that gives you a free rez every hour and I will likely make sure I have a few spare gems too. Whether or not I rez or not will depend on the situation though

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    I really want this Soul Gem stuff to go. Either some classes need rez skills, or as in GW2 let any player rez any other. I am not going to waste hard earned gold on someone who is too dumb to play. =P

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• MithoronetteMithoronette Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Originally posted by Elikal
    I really want this Soul Gem stuff to go. Either some classes need rez skills, or as in GW2 let any player rez any other. I am not going to waste hard earned gold on someone who is too dumb to play. =P

I didn't buy one single soulstone after level 5...found all I needed from loot.  Heck, at level 15 I had 20 of them in my inventory, all charged and ready to go just from running BC a couple times...

• seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419

At first they will , later down the road there is a chance they will say release and run back you noob. etc.etc.

People are nice at first then they start been very nasty. Majority at least does not everyone but must.

Hopefully this time around there will be less people doing that and play more friendly. They need to start realizing that with friends on the battlefield you have more chance to win. But make enemies and they could be well friends with some of the other factions also and make sure you loose all the time :)

This game looks like if this will be a possibility, imagine your friend is on the opposite faction and one of your teammate keeps been a douche what do you think will happen i know i will tell my friend to target you  with his group all the time :)

• If they suck and are just gonna die again; they walk.  Otherwise if they contribute to the war effort in even a modest way not rezzing them makes you the one who shouldn't be rezzed.
  • OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548

I think eventually people will farm for so many stones everyone will be able to res. That and you'll be able to purchase them in guild shops. They need to make it harder to res than just the stones/soul trap combo for resing to not be rampant. They could give you "res sickness" and so after every soul stone res you have a slight death penalty. As soon as you res normally it goes away without worrying about timers.

Anyways,  just a thought. Too much res isn't actually a hard problem to alleviate. 

• xerrixerri Member Posts: 30
    Its well worth it to have them  as it aides you and your team/side   there easy to gain thru quests and instances

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by Mithoronette

I didn't buy one single soulstone after level 5...found all I needed from loot.  Heck, at level 15 I had 20 of them in my inventory, all charged and ready to go just from running BC a couple times...

WHaaaat?

Even with level 10 I hadn't got a single one! :O

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• LeirosLeiros Member UncommonPosts: 281
    Originally posted by Mithoronette

WHaaaat?

Even with level 10 I hadn't got a single one! :O

I had maybe 4 soul gems by level 8... but they seemed to drop more often after lvl 10.

I think self rezzing will become standard fare in this game. Sure, guildies and friends might rez each other if they run out of soul gems, but that will probably be a minority - especially at level 50.

• HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282

Bringing your own will be the standard.

Personally I'm thrilled that there are no class rez skills out there. It's one of the little things that can help smaller groups slow and stop zergs. Suddenly death has a little bit more meaning.

Another one of the things that GW2 did not get right in PvP.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

Soul gems are tactical,   why do you want to remove tactics from the game?  Making it simpler.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Just hope they don't start selling soul gem packs on their website.
  • aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 621
    Originally posted by greenreen

I know we have forward camps to get some players rezzed in battle but I'm curious who thinks they will carry soul gems to rez people or if they will just let them run back.

My thoughts are that small groups will be the ones stocking soul gems and the zerg people will leave each other dead on the ground unless they know them personally.

Another thing is that if you have a soul gem, you can rez yourself. Wouldn't it be considered leech behavior to sit around waiting for someone to use their personal rezzes on you? Do you think those people will get yelled at and told to just release if they didn't bring the tools to come back faster, I do.

If you are on the battlefield and a random stranger asks you to rez them thru a message, will you?

You can only rez yourself in PVE, that doesnt work in PVP. That is a mechanic used to let a solo player continue playing in PVE. In PVP you rely on your teammates. If you see someone dead, and you have a soulgem, but you arent using it on them, youre pretty much a douche. And also, youre not helping your side win any wars/battles that way. So you probably dont belong in PVP in the first place. And since you cant use them on yourself, who are you saving them for?

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by aslan132

I know we have forward camps to get some players rezzed in battle but I'm curious who thinks they will carry soul gems to rez people or if they will just let them run back.

My thoughts are that small groups will be the ones stocking soul gems and the zerg people will leave each other dead on the ground unless they know them personally.

Another thing is that if you have a soul gem, you can rez yourself. Wouldn't it be considered leech behavior to sit around waiting for someone to use their personal rezzes on you? Do you think those people will get yelled at and told to just release if they didn't bring the tools to come back faster, I do.

If you are on the battlefield and a random stranger asks you to rez them thru a message, will you?

You can only rez yourself in PVE, that doesnt work in PVP. That is a mechanic used to let a solo player continue playing in PVE. In PVP you rely on your teammates. If you see someone dead, and you have a soulgem, but you arent using it on them, youre pretty much a douche. And also, youre not helping your side win any wars/battles that way. So you probably dont belong in PVP in the first place. And since you cant use them on yourself, who are you saving them for?

Correct. No self-rez in PVP.

Templars have a passive that lets them rez others faster and has a 50% chance of returning a soul gem - that's as close as it gets for no-cost rez.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I could have sworn I saw that menu come up for soul gems, you sure no rezzing in PVP on self?

I had SGs on me and rezzed other players but when I died in PVP, I definitely did not have that option.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED