Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Therian Saga, new sandbox browser MMO!

RasereiRaserei webster, MAPosts: 1,011Member

http://www.theriansaga.com/

Seems like a very unique game. Feels like a giant board game sort of. I suggest checking it out.

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Edmonds, WAPosts: 2,365Member Uncommon
    It looks like every facebook "mmorpg" that comes out in my opinion, but who knows maybe it's the best thing since UO.
  • EladiEladi ArnhemPosts: 1,100Member Uncommon
    Meh, just a other facebook game indeed. typical money grab setup as seen in those games.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Sioux City, IAPosts: 3,828Member

My trouble with "Browser MMOs" is that the browser part keeps me from getting "in the game." I am in a browser, instead the game.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• ForgrimmForgrimm Somewhere, NJPosts: 654Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

My trouble with "Browser MMOs" is that the browser part keeps me from getting "in the game." I am in a browser, instead the game.

Every browser game I've played had a full screen option, making it no different from a client based mmo in that respect.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Edmonds, WAPosts: 2,365Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Forgrimm

Every browser game I've played had a full screen option, making it no different from a client based mmo in that respect.

They do tend to have huge limitations though in the gameplay aspects. Games like Runescape tend to have delays in input and just huge limitations because of the java client. Some of them seem to look and work okay but then they just feel cheap for some reason. I'm not sure why people develop for browsers, other than it gets rid of the download but it just makes the overall game worse.

• Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Hephzibah, GAPosts: 1,946Member

I actually like them, and even seek them at times. Beats downloading and installing a 16GB game to even try.

Actually surprised of the quality, as some resemble prime games from the 2000 era (e.g., AoE and Caesar building games comes to mind).

• SirPKsAlotSirPKsAlot bagong silangPosts: 224Member
    I love rockin the browser mmorpgs. Might try this one out, it any good?

Currently playing: Eldevin Online as a Deadly Assassin