Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: $60 for a Level 90 Character Boost? Say It Ain't So!

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

WowInsider.com is reporting that the World of Warcraft live servers with the new cash shop items in it are showing a "Level 90 Character Boost" for the whopping price of $60.00. According to the report, it appears that this is a mistake on Blizzard's part since pre-orders for the Warlords of Draenor expansion have yet to go live, which will also include one free character boost to 90. 

Would you pay $60 dollars for a level 90 character? Leave us your thoughts in the comments.

Thanks to Fendel84M for the tip!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SatyrosSatyros Member UncommonPosts: 156
    So many people bought max-leveled characters for a lot more. And illegally. Yeah, sure they will use it. Is it stupid? Yes, it is.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

$WoW$

How much you want to bet they slow down the speed of leveling now.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    This... is a bad precedent...

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Originally posted by Satyros
    So many people bought max-leveled characters for a lot more. And illegally. Yeah, sure they will use it. Is it stupid? Yes, it is.

While I agree with this in theory, in practice $60 seems very steep.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

i understand the price is intended for a new character being 60

but i was hoping for a lower price

I have over 30 level 80 characters on different servers that i refuse to level higher

because I find Cata *boring*

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Originally posted by Nadia

i understand the price is intended for a new character being 60

but i was hoping for a lower price

I have over 30 level 80 characters on different servers that i refuse to level higher

because I find Cata *boring*

I am in the same boat, I actually like leveling every other part of the game, I hit 80 and I start a new toon, or pet battle/pvp/archaeology level to 85

• ZeymereZeymere Member UncommonPosts: 210

All I can say if this was not supposed to be up yet but was by accident and then taken down,  Somebody at Blizzard is in some serious T R O U B L E ! ! ! !

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    $60 seems like an ok price, if they lower it down there would be way too many level 90s running around who would not know about their classes. :P

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    Originally posted by Searias
    $60 seems like an ok price, if they lower it down there would be way too many level 90s running around who would not know about their classes. :P

How is that any different than now?

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

Stuff to look forward to in TITAN.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    for $60 dollars i expect at least free server transfer for life on that specific character.

• iFruitiFruit Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Shitty decade-long outdated WoW running last-resort cash grabbing tactics aimed at mindless puppets, hell yeah! Way to go blizzards, nice one
  • FoxyShoxzyFoxyShoxzy Member UncommonPosts: 120

I'm actually very surprised it's going to cost so much. Maybe it's to discourage people from using it as an "easy" way to get a new alt.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by SBFord
    Originally posted by Satyros

While I agree with this in theory, in practice $60 seems very steep.

It all boils down to how much you value your time, right? Even if you could level 1-90 in, say, 3 or 4 days game time, we are talking about 100 hours. Is your time worth $0.50 an hour? In fact, I'm probably casual enough that leveling 0-90 might take me a month or two, so if I did nothing else buy play that character, I'd be burning a couple months subscription just on that activity alone. 

I've played through to 90 on 4 characters, to 85 on two others, but I'd REALLY like to roll a mage or a warlock, but it's all about the time investment required to do that. I don't think that $60 is that steep at all. Especially considering that they charge you $25 just to change factions/races etc, etc. A process which has probably been refined over the years to be a couple button presses on their end. I had to get a character restored in SWTOR because I deleted my character (stupid fat fingers), but they did it for me for free. So, it's really more about the convenience than anything else. For people who really don't care about the time investment, or people working through for their first time, it's probably not going to be a service they'll be interested in.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by iFruit
    Shitty decade-long outdated WoW running last-resort cash grabbing tactics aimed at mindless puppets, hell yeah! Way to go blizzards, nice one

i agree that the price is a cash grab but how is it a last resort thing when every other new mmo still fails to reach their numbers?

• zastenzasten Member Posts: 283

I don't play but want to add that players are leaving this game because of this!

They feel that after playing for 10 years to max their chars, that to now be able to just get one at max level with out the time taken to get it there is pure BS!

As for my self, nope I would not buy one!

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Originally posted by Searias

That's what I was thinking.  They really don't want people making every character they own a level 90 because they just can't afford it.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Darknessguy64Darknessguy64 Member Posts: 233
    Originally posted by laserit

$WoW$

How much you want to bet they slow down the speed of leveling now.

That would be awesome!! I'd go back just to experience it again.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Paying to skip the content. The same old content that has not changed since 2004. This is almost like blackmail. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • FoxyShoxzyFoxyShoxzy Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Originally posted by zasten

I don't play but want to add that players are leaving this game because of this!

They feel that after playing for 10 years to max their chars, that to now be able to just get one at max level with out the time taken to get it there is pure BS!

As for my self, nope I would not buy one!

We've known for months that this was coming, we just didn't know how much it would be.

I want to add that the players I know are mostly indifferent to this. If they leave, they leave for other reasons.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    That's certainly not what i would call a microtransaction.
  • Regulator30Regulator30 Member Posts: 2
    i think the first one should be free, then any other characters u want to be instant 90 should be paid for...just my thought
  • JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

I'd buy the ascend-a-friend thing instead, lots cheaper.

• umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519
    So it begins. 
  • Darknessguy64Darknessguy64 Member Posts: 233
    Originally posted by bcbully

Paying to skip the content. The same old content that has not changed since 2004. This is almost like blackmail. 

What do you mean? It changes A LOT during the Cata expansion.