Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Old trinity based MMO

JaldrenJaldren Member UncommonPosts: 363

Let me start by saying that I love healing.

This need of mine has not been fulfilled nicely since the days of everquest 2 and wow. With hybrid classes in games like FFXIV, Rift, NWN, and others without trinity (GW2), I miss the old days.

Call me simple, but I like staring at team member's HP bars going down and reacting to them. Been doing it for 10 years, if not more

Is there any highly populated games out there, with a nice LFG system, stat still uses a well defined trinity system? Crafting and customization is a plus

Comments

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500

Trinity or fu :D

I dont care how many players are saying trinity is old and retarded mechanics ... Because for me it is only way RPG and MMORPG can work (for me) to be fun. Mmorpgs where everyone is dps I dont want to play ever again and I wont change my mind on this subject.

Look, there is nothing to worry about... TESO, Wildstar, etc. upcomming mmorpgs are going with trinity and I know even in 2020+ there are going to be trinity released mmorpgs :)

and yes there are plenty of trinity based mmorpgs :) rift, aoc, swtor, wow, lotro, teso released soon and more ...

• JaldrenJaldren Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Originally posted by Dogblaster

I dont care how many players are saying trinity is old and retarded mechanics ... Because for me it is only way RPG and MMORPG can work (for me) to be fun. Mmorpgs where everyone is dps I dont want to play ever again and I wont change my mind on this subject.

Look, there is nothing to worry about... TESO, Wildstar, etc. upcomming mmorpgs are going with trinity and I know even in 2020+ there are going to be trinity released mmorpgs :)

and yes there are plenty of trinity based mmorpgs :) rift, aoc, swtor, wow, lotro, teso released soon and more ...

Unfortunately I played all of them, and let me explain:

rift: maybe coming back, but for some reason the F2P made me leave

AoC: played it the first year, now it says nothing to me

SWTOR: no end content, repetitive gameplay

WoW: dead

LOTRO: they wiped my max level minstrel, without any compensation or explanation. "F" them.

TESO: it's bad, just bad

• Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077
    Originally posted by Jaldren

Let me start by saying that I love healing.

This need of mine has not been fulfilled nicely since the days of everquest 2 and wow. With hybrid classes in games like FFXIV, Rift, NWN, and others without trinity (GW2), I miss the old days.

Call me simple, but I like staring at team member's HP bars going down and reacting to them. Been doing it for 10 years, if not more

Is there any highly populated games out there, with a nice LFG system, stat still uses a well defined trinity system? Crafting and customization is a plus

Oh, I love it...especially in low DPS groups that push a boss to the enrage timer...

Or, healing VoA...solo...when 5 out of 6 healers died at once...to orbs...

;)

If you're bored of WoW and EQII healing, try RIFT. Something similar, and it's fun healing the dynamic content (and having DPS enough to down something in your lifetime!).

Ok, downloading RIFT... let's see how it goes

THanks guys :)

A few very bad dungeon runs on Rift really put me away. Too many newbs, even at high level.

So, let me refine what I am looking for:

- Solid trinity (pure healer class/es)

- Small amount of skills. Don't want 4 hotbars with skills, like EQ2 or WoW

- LFG system like WoW, FFXIV or Rift

- High playerbase

- Best if not fantasy

• Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077

A few very bad dungeon runs on Rift really put me away. Too many newbs, even at high level.

In one day of downloading the game you can see this?

o.O

Originally posted by Kevyne-Shandris

In one day of downloading the game you can see this?

o.O

2 days actually,  roughly 10-15 hours of play time (downloaded in an hour or so). Reloaded my old toons.

Ran  6 dungeons, 4 interrupted in the first 20 mins by someone crying and leaving, 1 had 2 AFk and the 6th got completed with 4 wipes at lvl 50ish.

More suggestions please :)
  • crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

Hmm...What your looking for just might not exist...however..

www.daoc-origins.com - Check this out....

I really can't think of anything else currently on the market that you have not already tried.

Originally posted by crysent

Hmm...What your looking for just might not exist...however..

www.daoc-origins.com - Check this out....

I really can't think of anything else currently on the market that you have not already tried.

Already played DAoC years ago, and it was awesome. Unfortunately both the gameplay and graphics are FAR too old for me. I'm too shallow, I know :(

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883

LOTRO: they wiped my max level minstrel, without any compensation or explanation. "F" them.

Wow, dead? Wut? It still may have the most mmo players. Idt that's dead.

Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • AzothAzoth Member UncommonPosts: 840
    Tried going back to eq2 lately ? If you are bored of it then you will have to wait for the next old school batch in a year or 2.
    Originally posted by Azoth
    Tried going back to eq2 lately ? If you are bored of it then you will have to wait for the next old school batch in a year or 2.

Unfortunately EQ2 has a big issue (as far as i remember): 4 hotbars full of useless or situational skills. That really puts me down

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

I saw that and can no longer take you serious. 

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

If you don't want to play WoW/Rift/SWTOR and want a trinity game with high pop, I think you are SOL.

Widen your search or don't play.  There are games in your criteria, if you want to exclude them you won't have options left.

You could try Vanguard for a few months.  It does not have a high pop and will be gone soon, but it does have interesting healing and the trinity. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Tried VG for quite a while. Loved to death. Unfortunately, the low pop and absolute lack of CS put me off that as well. And I say WoW is dead as it's been on the market for far too long, and the last xp's are futile attempts to keep veterans interested. Pandas? Really?

If you cannot accept that reason, read it as it's dead for me, and not in general. Personally, I feel it's on life support.

Testing TERA now, and seems up my alley

• svandysvandy Member UncommonPosts: 277
    Try TSW. The only thing it doesnt have that you want is a robust LFG system, but it does have one that works just fine.

Please visit my youtube channel for some H1Z1/DayZ casual roleplay videos!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrQoK5VZlwBBzpsksmXtjMQ

Originally posted by svandy
    Try TSW. The only thing it doesnt have that you want is a robust LFG system, but it does have one that works just fine.

Unfortunately, having played at launch, a year ago, and a few months ago, that game is definately not for me. It has no real trinity system, plus he repetitive gameplay and slow, non-curve levelling is a drag.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

If you find you don't like Tera I suppose I can suggest Aion. (though it is fantasy)

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

Tried VG for quite a while. Loved to death. Unfortunately, the low pop and absolute lack of CS put me off that as well. And I say WoW is dead as it's been on the market for far too long, and the last xp's are futile attempts to keep veterans interested. Pandas? Really?

If you cannot accept that reason, read it as it's dead for me, and not in general. Personally, I feel it's on life support.

Testing TERA now, and seems up my alley

There's a huge difference between a game being dead and you simply not liking the game. If you say that you dont like WoW, well then that's understandable. However, saying that a game with 7.8 million subscribers is "on life support" is rather ridiculous.

• svandysvandy Member UncommonPosts: 277
    Originally posted by svandy

Unfortunately, having played at launch, a year ago, and a few months ago, that game is definately not for me. It has no real trinity system, plus he repetitive gameplay and slow, non-curve levelling is a drag.

Not trying to troll, but how does it not have a trinity? Did you run any dungeons, much less nightmares? The trinity felt more integral to that game than it did in WoW, in my opinion.

Please visit my youtube channel for some H1Z1/DayZ casual roleplay videos!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrQoK5VZlwBBzpsksmXtjMQ