Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Full armor or piecemeal?

HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 414

I am curious what people who played did or plan to do with armor.

The last beta weekend, I pretty much ran with an armor chest piece and 3 light and 3 medium armor to gain better stats for my stamina and magika pools and regen. I also like the look of a plate chest piece and the rest being cloth or leather.

I am just not convinced that the 5 piece bonus from the passives, 10% crit chance for spells, 10% attack speed increase or 20% reduced block cost is really worth it to totally focus on one armor.

3 light gives me:

12% reduced magika cost

12% magika regen

18% base spell resist

18% ignore enemy spell resist

3 medium gives me:

9% crit strike chance physical attacks

12% stamina regen

12% sneak area detection

24% sneak cost reduction

12% sneak speed increase

12% dodge roll cost reduction

According to eldersouls if the consecutive points increase the passive at the same rate as the first.

It looks good on paper, but i didn't get to test it past level 12.

Comments

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    Class, Weapons, Race?
  • HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

When I look at the medium bonuses, all skilled - probably taking 5 medium and 2 others. Cloth skirt looks always nice. And maybe a hood.

If stats are excluded.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Mixing and matching armor is going to be just as interested as skill lines I think.  You won't see every person out there in full suits of the same type.  I think most will, but min-maxers will definitely look at this area very closely in my opinion.  Especially so for those creating hybrid builds.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Don't forget that there are additional set bonuses from armor pieces crafted at specific special forges in the world. And there may be other set bonuses from drops, especially in the Veteran dungeons.
  • MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592

I found for me 6 heavy and 1 light being perfect

6 heavy    for this I will get   18% Spell resist and Armor    24% hp regen(+15 from nord racial )  +6% power to melee ataks  and reduced block cost by 20 %

for  1 light      3 % reduced magica cost     4 % magica regen  8 % spell resist

not sure yet maybe 5-2  or 6-1

I have seen the stats on 2 of the sets... yeah, sexy sexy stats.
  • HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 414
    I have also seen that each set my have a piece for each armor  and weapon type. At least according to the Esohead crafting simulator.
    One of the sets I've seen in game isn't listed.  image  Also I see the 1st option for set but not the rest... I presume nobody managed to create them considering during beta weekends their literally is not time to research the prerequisites to make all the pieces.
  • KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794
    5-2 is bets setup due to how passives work for armor.

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Templar

Healing 7 light.

tanking 5 heavy 2 light

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• This is going to vary wildly depending on many factors.  Its perfectly viable or even preferable for certain build/race combos.  It also depends on stage of the game.  You may do it early merely to level and then later on get one of the passives gives a bonus for a full set, such as bracing which (I assume with two points) gives you -20% stamina cost on blocking.  So you may do a full set if you are tanking since that is a serious stamina offload and you need stamina to taunt.  And then switch out to piece meal or some other set for DPS.

By and large I would say the passive that give a bonus for a full set, while nice, are only close to necessary in very particular circumstances and even then could be subbed for something else.  10% spell crit, 10% attack speed, or -20% stam for block.  They are all nice but on the block one is something cannot quite be subbed for (ie.  there are many ways to increase damage on the other armors).  But even with the block one you may not feel you need it if you have some means of adding stamina.

The other armor passive are generally made to give a pretty staritforward trade off ie. you trade 1% phys crit for 1%/1% phys/spell mitigation when you swap out a piece of medium for heavy.  So that is obviously to taste.

To some extent I can see a lot of people collecting suits of all three armors.  Really everyone can invest in just the stealth line of medium for getting to places and never really use it for much else.  Its only 2 skill points.  Even if you never use it for your build per se you might as well have it available to say help you sneak around AvA or what have you.

I could see leveling up with a couple pieces of medium just to get it up enough to use it for utility, then stopping as soon as you get to say stealth passives and possibly the stamina+sprint ones too.  It just has some very obvious traveling benefits, especially in regards to dangerous territory.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

I wouldn't sweat it at first. I just ran with the better stuff I got off chests, quest rewards and mob drops for the first 10 levels or so. After that, depending on what you're slotting in your skill bar, you'll want either more Stamina regeneration or Magika regeneration or both.. or even health regen if you plan to tank. That's the point to start focusing on one type or another.

And the bonuses are not really just about having 5 out of the 7 slots or not having 5. On a per piece basis, some of the bonuses from armor are the best you can get for regeneration, criticals, stealth, etc.

And a tip: belts, helmets and shoulders don't drop as often as other stuff - some early crafting will help you fill those slots.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Originally posted by Pyatra
    Class, Weapons, Race?

Exactly....cannot answer without em