Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does buying a version of the game get you into full time beta?

ArchaegeoArchaegeo Member UncommonPosts: 233
Or is the only way into full time beta just luck of the draw?

Explorer 73% Achiever 53% Socializer 53% Killer 20%

Comments

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    No beta with a pre-order.  All luck.
  • ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    No, purchasing the game doesn't get you into closed beta.  Although, with the NDA down, i would hope they'll give buyers some beta access.  I mean, we already paid, might as well let us play AND help test.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• lunatiquezlunatiquez Member UncommonPosts: 381
    No, and there is no full time beta, only weekend beta.
  • SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Sure there is

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    Originally posted by Sephros
    Sure there is

Proof? I can not find any information about a Closed Beta on the net

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Originally posted by greenreen
    Originally posted by Hrotha
    Originally posted by Sephros
    Sure there is

Proof? I can not find any information about a Closed Beta on the net

Everyone who has been in the beta forums saw the different groups. It was also a gamified forum where you got badges for participating or getting votes on your comments. It was hard to overlook. The Curse keys didn't have access to the forums though, only those who applied from the website they said on their site so my guess is the Curse ones were included for the stress test but not yet integrated into their other system.

I believe they have full-time testers because of the named groups there. Named groups even had their own discussion areas separate from the different groups along with the more public discussion areas.

Got a key from Curse so didn't know all this was going on. 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AzzrasAzzras Member UncommonPosts: 407

Originally posted by inemosz No, and there is no full time beta, only weekend beta.
    There are full time testers.
    Isarii is one of those testers I believe and has written a rather lengthy review:
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/2014/02/eso-isariis-comprehensive-review/

• lunatiquezlunatiquez Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Azzras

Originally posted by inemosz No, and there is no full time beta, only weekend beta.
    Isarii is one of those testers I believe and has written a rather lengthy review:

Do you mean the internal testers?

Ah yes, I forgot about them. I don't think mere players like us have a chance though. It's internal only, just a handful of people.

• AzzrasAzzras Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Originally posted by inemosz

Ah yes, I forgot about them. I don't think mere players like us have a chance though. It's internal only, just a handful of people.

Kind of internal I guess.  I don't think that Isarii or his guild mates work for Beth or Zen.  I've also read that there are other high profile guilds that are helping the devs with the game.  I could be wrong, but I'm sure I've read that somewhere.

Anyway, I doubt either of us has any chance to become a closed beta tester (full time play).

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by inemosz

It wasn't just internal testers and the guy from the Tamriel Foundry was part of the full-time beta, the Psijic Order, not an internal tester. There has been a full-time beta going on for many months - enough to have let many reach 50 multiple times. 

And no, they ain't recruiting new people for that one this close to launch.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED