Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Thinking MMORPG?

asiaineasiaine Member Posts: 1

What I would like in an MMORPG:

Battles that require some thinking/strategy, each time.  Including using 'wits' in the middle of the fight.  Even with the same fight that you've done a hundred times before.

Equipment/Weapons that are not strictly progressive but situational (the right tool for the right job).

Equipment/Weapon customization (think FFVII Swords with material to heavily customize what they can do).

Social Community (Fun/nice people to chat with while going out on adventures).

What I do not want in MMORPGs:

Forced PvP

Scary Zombies

My 'problem' with a lot of the MMORPGs out there now are they are too simple/straightforward, or just click-click-click-battle-won, or PvP.

Thank you.

Comments

• MaduoMaduo Member Posts: 8

eh, I dunno if it would be your style but, have you tried dragon nest?

It's not exactly like FF7 with it's gear but it's definitely action-combat based.

Unfortunately it's almost entirely instance-based too though.

can't win 'em all =/

(gotta warn you though, there are zambies and spiders at some points in the game)

[Nuclear Launch Detected]

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

DDO somewhat fits what you're looking for. There are many different weapon types that are good for different situations. I used to have one backpack filled with different weapon sets that i could swap to based on the type of creature i was fighting. Here is a list of different weapon enchants and their effects/purposes http://ddowiki.com/page/Weapon_enchantment_summary The crafting system also allows you to make weapons with the specific effects/enchants that you want.

Spell casters have limited spell points/mana that they can use in a dungeon. So you have to be wise about your casting, otherwise you could find yourself out of spell points/mana before the next regen location. PVP is completely optional in the game.

• plat0nicplat0nic Member Posts: 301
    Gonna go ahead and reccomend Elder Scrolls Online when it comes out. It's got thinking components to it for sure.

Main Game: Eldevin (Plat0nic)
    2nd Game: Path of Exile (Platonic Hate)