Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It looks like they added combat text or is this a Add-on?

WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Is this a addon or is this something new they added, in this video I see damage combat text as well as health/Stam/Majic numbers?

Comments

• A1learjetA1learjet Member UncommonPosts: 258
    Looks like a  add on similar to the one used in Entropy Rising the guys from Tamerial Foundry

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Yes an add-on. One of many that will be available immediately on release.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

Sweet, i'll actually be able to tell if my abilities are doing what they're supposed to now!  

Don't really like all that stuff in the middle of the screen, so hopefully it can be moved off to the side somewhere.   Seeing mob HP bars as numbers is already a huge step.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    Eh,  I don't particularly like this one and how they handle some things.  I won't go into detail but I'll see what other add-ons there are.
    Originally posted by arieste

Sweet, i'll actually be able to tell if my abilities are doing what they're supposed to now!  

Don't really like all that stuff in the middle of the screen, so hopefully it can be moved off to the side somewhere.   Seeing mob HP bars as numbers is already a huge step.

Floaty numbers + numbers and % in the bars is all I want or need. I'll be looking for one like that and *maybe* a DPS/HPS meter but just for my own use to tweak rotations. I've always hated the weanies in MMOs who get AOE abilites early and love to post their DPS in group chat after clearing a bunch of trash lol.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Originally posted by Iselin

Floaty numbers + numbers and % in the bars is all I want or need. I'll be looking for one like that and *maybe* a DPS/HPS meter but just for my own use to tweak rotations. I've always hated the weanies in MMOs who get AOE abilites early and love to post their DPS in group chat after clearing a bunch of trash lol.

I'm not a fan of floaty numbers myself, prefer to be watching the combat, not the numbers.  A chatbox where i can scroll back AFTER the fight and look at the numbers would work best for me.   Or just a log with a parser.   Used to using ACT for EQ2 (i know it's also been adapted for AoC and a few other games, if there is any kind of log agailable, i'm sure someone will make an ESO plug-in for it).  

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO

• lunatiquezlunatiquez Member UncommonPosts: 381

Cool. There are add-ons already.

How do they made it? Is there a tool for it?

Originally posted by inemosz

It's the same standard LUA add-ons that WOW uses. There has been a special sub-beta for quite a while for testers who also can program in LUA. There will be add-ons - probably from Curse - as soon as it launches.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by inemosz

It's the same standard LUA add-ons that WOW uses. There has been a special sub-beta for quite a while for testers who also can program in LUA. There will be add-ons - probably from Curse - as soon as it launches.

Yes this is confirmed even by Tamriel Foundry who themselves are already finishing up some mods we will hopefully see very shortly after release :-)

There Is Always Hope!

I'm not a fan of floaty numbers myself, prefer to be watching the combat, not the numbers.  A chatbox where i can scroll back AFTER the fight and look at the numbers would work best for me.   Or just a log with a parser.   Used to using ACT for EQ2 (i know it's also been adapted for AoC and a few other games, if there is any kind of log agailable, i'm sure someone will make an ESO plug-in for it).  

I never keep the floaty numbers turned on forever in games that have that option; I don't like cluttered UIs either.

But I like the immediate feedback they give you...although a combat log, if done well enough - and this isn't always the case--can also give you the same feedback instantly. The only disadvantage is that the log is off in the corner and not right where you want to be looking - especially in more active MMOs.

I like options even if I don't always use them. Last weekend I ran around for a while with "loot all" turned on for even less UI clutter... but I found myself constantly popping-up the inventory to see if I'd just gotten a blue or purple... after a while I just gave up and turned it back off :)

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    I'm hoping for an addon to turn off quest markers in the game world.  Is this possible?  I'm not really knowledgeable on how to go about making add-ons and what the limitations are
  • BoreilBoreil Member UncommonPosts: 448
    Add on's are my only hated feature of this game and the only reason i would see my self quit,  i have NEVER had the want to continue playing a game once the Addon's started rolling out. 

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188
    Addons is the worst idea implemented in TESO, It will only FORCE unwilling players to use certain addons to be competetive.
  • askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631
    Originally posted by thark
    Addons is the worst idea implemented in TESO, It will only FORCE unwilling players to use certain addons to be competetive.

The thing that comes to mind is WoW "whack-a-mole" healing and all associated add-ons, so I rather hate it too.

• BoreilBoreil Member UncommonPosts: 448
    Originally posted by askdaboss

The thing that comes to mind is WoW "whack-a-mole" healing and all associated add-ons, so I rather hate it too.

Yep my wife and i actually quit cause of something like that, we were in a group and the healer said ' if you need buffs msg me with the first letter and my autobuffer with get you"....... left the group and /uninstalled.   Well that and i couldnt get into a raid unless i installed  some raid app. NEVER GONNA HAPPEN.

This is why i believe companies should build everything needed to play the game INTO the game.     

Of course if you release a game without something as basic as telling people their HP or a way to see how much they hit for, people are going to build external stuff. 

As far as quitting because someone else wants you to do something... why does even matter to you?   Next thing you know some dumbass is going to say "my group rocks, you need to email me $20 to be in my group!", so what, i'm going to quit?  No, just group with other people.    It seems like there are plenty likeminded people that want to see numbers in game and just use abilities at random and hope for the best, you always have the option of grouping with them. 

- Raph Koster