Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buying 2 copies of ESO for $79.99 each. If I don't like it I just won't sub.

2»

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Originally posted by slickbizzle
    Originally posted by Abuz0r

It's not so bad guys.

I haven't gotten invited to any of the BETA events which hurt my feelings quite a bit, however, every Bethesda product I've ever fiddled with has been amazingly fun.

I keep hearing all these mixed reports of people contradicting one another about features that may or may not exist in the game.

I know it's not going to be like Skyrim, I know it's going to be a generic pvp mmo skinned as Elder Scrolls. 

If it's not that fun, I won't sub, but every game Bethesda has ever delivered to me was atleast worth it's box price.  I'll be buying 2 boxes because I'm willing to bet I'll be as happy with my purchase as with every other Bethesda purchase I've made.

NO! NO! NO! This isn't how it works. You're supposed to go to youtube, find a "popular" reviewer, and then he/she will tell you whether or not to buy it. And if they tell you not to buy it, you are supposed to bash the game at any given chance for no apparent reason.

This "thinking for yourself" thing is too radical for simple forum people like us.

There is no thinking for yourself when it comes to this....it is finding out for yourself.  There is a difference. One costs money.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

*If I don't like it I just won't sub"

Forgets that he has to sub to play the game, good luck not subbing, have fun buying a game twice to not play it.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by moosecatlol

Forgets that he has to sub to play the game, good luck not subbing, have fun buying a game twice to not play it.

Thanks for that info ...I thought you got a months play with the box

• JemAs666JemAs666 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Originally posted by moosecatlol

This is something different than the other games?

• JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

It's not so bad guys.

I haven't gotten invited to any of the BETA events which hurt my feelings quite a bit, however, every Bethesda product I've ever fiddled with has been amazingly fun.

I keep hearing all these mixed reports of people contradicting one another about features that may or may not exist in the game.

I know it's not going to be like Skyrim, I know it's going to be a generic pvp mmo skinned as Elder Scrolls. 

If it's not that fun, I won't sub, but every game Bethesda has ever delivered to me was atleast worth it's box price.  I'll be buying 2 boxes because I'm willing to bet I'll be as happy with my purchase as with every other Bethesda purchase I've made.

To bad for you that it is not a Bethesda game so basically everything you said for your reasons to get it is moot. Some will tell you the makers of TESO is owned by the company that owns Bethesda, it doesn't matter. None of the people that made the TES games are developing TESO so it may as well be the UFC making the game.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550

I'm glad that I'm aware that all the negativity coming down on this game is from people would would complain about anything delivered to them regardless of quality.

They'll even expect something for free in addition if they have to wait in a login queue.

:(

I can't wait to play this.

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294
    I would never pay to play this game but good luck to you OP.
  • nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Originally posted by robthemaniac
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

Just a word of warning.

This game wasn't made by the people who made Skyrim, or any other elder scrolls game.

This game was made by Zenimax Online Studios, which is a subsidy of Zenimax, which DOES also own Bethesda.

HOWEVER, the two teams are entirely separate, just a word of warning.

Abusz0r your intentions are noble. However please take note of what Laughing-man said here. The "purists" group's largest complaint is that every corner you turn around, there's a reminder that you aren't quite in the Elder Scrolls universe that you may be previously accustomed to.

Obviously, because it's an MMO and all the other elder scrolls games have been single player experiences.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Originally posted by Kevyne-Shandris
    Originally posted by squalleonaha

this is same as Diablo 2 made by Blizzard NORTH, not activition blizzard like Diablo 3.

also people talking about Bethesda Game Studios bugs and thinking  zenimax who never made a Elder scroll better?. 

Diablo 2 = Blizzard North | Diablo 3 = Blizzard South.

Don't know what the new company is doing, but as soon as I learned PvP was in ESO, I lost all interest in the game. Just killed it completely. TES will always be a PvE game to me, that's moddable, too.

Of course TES games are  pve, they have all been single player games up to this point. At least you still have WOW to play right?

• squalleonahasqualleonaha Member Posts: 211

there are so many example of good game fall into hand of new staff developer and turn bad. Diablo 3, Final fantasy series, Resident evil series.

in my experience, if you like a game, stick with the people originaly making it, not the company or studio. the way and ideas cant be copy no matter how hard other people try b/c we all have different brain.

same as i said before, people can try to immitate a cook receipe and give you some similar taste but it never be 100% same as original. this apply same for game making. they can try to immitate a famous game, but the feel wont be the same.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

It's not so bad guys. I haven't gotten invited to any of the BETA events 

"It's not so bad". "I haven't even tried the game". Yeah, problem right there :p