It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Originally posted by Arskaaa Originally posted by Arakazi Looks like I'm about to lose my street cred but... Age of Wushu World of Warcraft Eve Online Planetside 2 Rift Age of Conan Final Fantasy XVI ARR Secret World Guild Wars 2 Everquest Everquest 2 Vanguard Star Wars the Old Republic Path of Exile Tera Hex (Alpha) The Elder Scrolls Online (beta)
forgot add landmark?
Na, just currently have no time for games at the moment, I only managed to play the ESO beta since I was free last weekend. I will have more free time around April and will try it then, but I'm into CTG's at the moment since I can just play for about ten minutes on an Ipad during my breaks. Out of the games I listed I miss playing Path of Exile the most.
Originally posted by Arakazi Looks like I'm about to lose my street cred but...
There isn't a single MMORPG out there that has kept its core design as far as I know, all have modified the "core experience<-----key word" to be easier in some shape, form or fashion. Kinda hard to have street cred imho, unless you play emu that is, "which I decided to exclude" though it's pretty sketchy overall and doesn't really "properly" evolve either.
1. Elder Scrolls Online
3. Marvel Heroes
5. Everquest 2
7. The Secret World
8. Everquest Next Landmark
9. Guild Wars 2
10. World of Warcraft
11. Eve Online
12. The Lord of the Rings Online
13. Guild Wars
14. Star Trek Online
15. Lineage 2
17. Runes of Magic
18. Second Life
21. Age of Conan
"Change is the only constant."
Ton of crap I haven't deleted, so these are the installed ones that I've actually played in the past six months:
There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein"Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre
1. Shroud of the Avatar, only for testing Alpha once a month.
2. Archeage, Japanese client but may soon be quitting due to recent patch if my guild quits as well.
3. Dragons Prophet, Japanese client. Much better game in Asia with far more support.
4. Neverwinter but rarely play more than a few times a month.
5. Rift but haven't logged in for a few months.
6. Defiance, only when I feel the need to shoot things.
"People who tell you youre awesome are useless. No, dangerous.
They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/
Okay, switch on brain.
- AoC (dead, exe won't work)
- PoE (not really MMO same as torchlight 2)
- maybe Champions (spent to much money scared to remove)
- Warframe (not really MMO)
- SWTOR (portable drive)
- Requiem (portable drive)
- C9 (portable drive)
- maybe more
OK i think its time for a cull.
Planetside 2 (Haven't played in many months)
Guildwars 2 (Haven't played in several months)
RIft ( Stopped playing just before f2p. might have another crack soon)
Star Citizen (Hangar Module)
EVE (Wanting to resub)
World Of Warcraft (Played last patch, kind of want to resub, this or EVE)
Played: Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, EVE Online, WoW, Vanguard, EQ2, STO, SWTOR, WAR, Lotro, Planetside 2, Rift, Vindictus, DCUO, Global Agenda and others .
1. Guild Wars 2(pale shadow of its predecessor, I just log in after updates and knock out the achievement, if it weren't a sequel to a better game I'd probably have erased it by now)
2. Guild Wars(won't ever uninstall this one, probably my all time favorite game)
3. Tera(probably the most played at the moment, great combat and I like the setting, but the community is full of trolls)
4. Vindictus(don't play often, but the combat is the best, enough to keep it around even if the cash shop is horrendous)
5. Blade and Soul China(I would probably play this non stop if I didn't get horrible lag. Really can't wait for them to bring this to North America)
6. Dragon Nest(I like everything about this one except the art style and lack of character customization, and the cash shop is too intrusive if not quite Vindictus terrible, but that unfortunately keeps me from playing it much at all, I probably should uninstall it)
I kind of feel like Path of Exile and Warframe should be on that list too, even if they are stretching the definition of MMORPG. PoE is a perfect sequel to Diablo 2, and Warframe is fun deck building progression.
1 - DDO
2 - Defiance
Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.
case: Coolermaster HAF932PSU: Antec EA 750watt RAM: 4x2g G-SKILL DDR3-1600mhz 9-9-9-24Mb:Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P CPU: i5-750 @4ghzGPU: gtx msi N760 TF 2GD5/OCcooling: Noctua NH-D14storage: seagate 600 240GB SSD, 500GB x7200rpm HDD
My list atm:
- Blade & Soul CN > playing this atm
- GW2 > I'll never delete this one, ever
- FFXIV > unsubbed atm
- APB Reloaded
- Kingdom Under Fire II
- Elder Scrolls Online
- Archeage RU > OBT 22 Feb