Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You thought ESO was bad?Wait till you play wildstar

Comments

• tomy111tomy111 Member UncommonPosts: 36

EVERYTHING IS POOR LET'S W8 FOR NEXT YEAR 2015 MAYBE 2016 MAYBE 2020 ...

EQN will be better then both!

• scopy60scopy60 Member UncommonPosts: 23

yup indeed i played wildstar and eso beta

wildstar will fail so hard imo  after i played wildstar i respect developer of swtor  , rift , tsw , and all other mmo 

its the worst mmo 

eso is fine for me 

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500
    Originally posted by gonewild

I see many people bashing ESO.

While I m not trying to support Elder scrolls or saying that is the mesiah of mmorpgs.I recently played wildstar and well it turned to be....

Eso is a masterpiece compared to wildstar.

another topic that turned out to be turd :D awesome

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    I totally disagree with the OP.  I find Wildstar isn't try to be something its not.  It's combat is much more fluid and reactionary - it reminds me of WoW's combat.    ESO on the other hand...it is just a generic fantasy MMO.    I was bore to tears just trying to make it through the jokingly bad starter zones and even after - I found myself wondering...why am I playing this?   It just has no appeal - to me anyways.    But hey, its all subjective.    Some people are going to love ESO.  Some people are going love Wildstar.   On the other hand, there are going to be some people, like me, that will pass on both and keep playing better games that are out there.   
  • Big-CronkBig-Cronk Member Posts: 61

All you ungrateful bastards need to quit signing up for betas. When did a beta test become a fucking trial? "Omg guys the game sucks dicks" Its a goddamned beta, its not a completed game. "Wtf Eso is way better than Ws, I played both" GOOD for you! Im seeing soooo many fucking ungrateful trolls these days that its making me sick. Don't want to be disappointed by a game? DONT SIGN UP FOR BETA! Beta isn't a free trial of what the finished product is going to be for EITHER game! I feel like I shouldn't have to say ANY of this. But here I am browsing through forums and my blood is just boiling. If you like WS, good for you play WS, if you like ESO, Good for you play ESO. For the love of the gods people.

Grow the fuck up

• tomy111tomy111 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    ESO Questing = 95% runing lolz
  • WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500
    Originally posted by Big-Cronk

All you ungrateful bastards need to quit signing up for betas. When did a beta test become a fucking trial? "Omg guys the game sucks dicks" Its a goddamned beta, its not a completed game. "Wtf Eso is way better than Ws, I played both" GOOD for you! Im seeing soooo many fucking ungrateful trolls these days that its making me sick. Don't want to be disappointed by a game? DONT SIGN UP FOR BETA! Beta isn't a free trial of what the finished product is going to be for EITHER game! I feel like I shouldn't have to say ANY of this. But here I am browsing through forums and my blood is just boiling. If you like WS, good for you play WS, if you like ESO, Good for you play ESO. For the love of the gods people.

Grow the fuck up

exactly :)

AND who the hell care if you enjoy wildstar or TESO more? I DONT, I dont even care if you have PC ...

Thing is ... there are A LOT of people who enjoy wildstar 10x more than TESO. Guess what. not every single of them make stupid topics like you :)

• BeastnBeastn Member UncommonPosts: 111

I'm with you OP.....I played the stress test and it was BORING! People thought ESO was boring? HA!

It is a TRUE theme park.... the whole time i was "questing" i was just killing mobs with exclamation points over their heads and collecting what ever object had a little gear icon hovering above it while I followed a Giant White Line of arrows leading me to all of this senseless stuff....Had no idea why i was doing it because I, like most others didn't bother reading the "quest text" I think im spoiled now...I think all mmos from here on out should have voiced quests.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

ESO is a good game that was being held to impractical standards.

Wildstar has good combat... but gods is it's questing terrible.

• cpupowercpupower Member Posts: 28

I see many people bashing ESO.

While I m not trying to support Elder scrolls or saying that is the mesiah of mmorpgs.I recently played wildstar and well it turned to be....

Eso is a masterpiece compared to wildstar.

I have been saying the very same thing in multiple post. I'm a Wildstar beta tester, and could play it anytime but I don't because it's not fun. I have been to 3 ESO beta weekends and ESO hella FUN!!!! specially compared to Wilstar.

• FappuccinoFappuccino Member Posts: 159
    Originally posted by tomy111

EVERYTHING IS POOR LET'S W8 FOR NEXT YEAR 2015 MAYBE 2016 MAYBE 2020 ...

()

• kueykuey Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Fair point. I'll be looking forward to the reviews once they drop the NDA. Hopefully it drops before ESO comes out so it's easier to make a choice between the 2 games.
  • handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322

ill try wild star,ESO is good the only thing I don't like is no under water swimming and the deadric pets you summon the first one looks like a monkey and the second one looks like a little dinasour but to friendly looking.

it looked stuped in the beta all the sorcerers with these monkeys following them around and that is one reason a am maybe not rolling as a mage.

• thyraventhyraven Member UncommonPosts: 59

I have played both games, and Wildstar is FANTASTIC. Its everything I look for in an MMO.

ESO on the other hand, was in my opinion horrible. Combat was boring, character animations was utterly shit. Gameplay was ok but i got bored really fast. But hey, we got different taste, thank god. Now i need to make a topic that states WIldstar rocks and ESO suck, cause that seems like the way it is with todays ESO fanboys

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Originally posted by kuey

I have yet to play Wildstar so I can't make a comparison, but to those who actually HAVE played both... What made Wildstar seem like a flop in comparison to ESO? Hard to take people seriously when the majority offer up vague reasons as to why it's better, like "the combat is better" or "questing is more fun," without actually explaining how they came to such a conclusion.

ESO does pretty much everything better except combat, combat animations, and housing (which ESO doesn't have).

The world design is gorgeous and massive, the graphics are realistic and the best of any MMO I've seen.  The quests are well written, layered, and fully voice acted.   Exploration is heavily rewarded.  You've got world bosses, open world group dungeons, optional group zone bosses, lore books, special crafting stations,  sky shards, random event quests, Dark Anchors, treasure maps... and this is all on top of the quests.

PvP has a scale unmatched by any game short of Eve, and improves on GW2's version in multiple ways.  

Character customization(as in building your characters stats/skills) is fantastic and allows for a variety of unique builds.

Crafting is amazing and blows most theme parks out of the water.  

There seems to be a ton of content, and you really notice the high production value with a lot of the small details (dynamic weather, your character rolls when falling from moderate distances, random wildlife all over the place, a fantastic music score, lock picking mini games, etc etc).  

And to top it all off, the game is probably the most impressively optimized client I've ever seen in an MMO.  It's the best looking game in the genre and it can run flawlessly with hundreds of people flooding across your screen with trebuchets flinging stuff everywhere.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,960
    Originally posted by boxsnd
    Both will flop. The age of themepark MMOs is over.

This

you dont have to roll a sorcerer to play as a "mage" also you don't have to point points into dadrec summoning if you do roll sorc....
  • grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162
    Truth.....Wildstar made me realize that ESO was actually very very awesome!!
  • CantorageCantorage Member Posts: 186

To me, both games are garbage. And Everquest Next looks even worse (especially the art style, bleurgh) though I haven't tried EQN. And most likely won't as I'm allergic to that horribly childish art style.

So I guess I may be going back to The Secret World while I wait for a less asinine MMO concept to come along, Star Citizen and World of Darkness have my interest.

But I am sad that all these three sorry excuses for MMOs come out at once, because most MMO gamers will end up buying at least one of them even those who don't like them, because they can't go without their MMO fix, which is really really frustrating, leaving tons of cash in the pockets of bone idle publishers and creatively bankrupt developers.

• Eighteen16Eighteen16 Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Originally posted by boxsnd
    Both will flop. The age of themepark MMOs is over.

Too bad the devs don't know about this. You are going to be in for decades of disappointment. 

• gonewildgonewild Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Originally posted by Greyif

I agree, but it all comes down to personal tastes. I am sure Wildstar will do fine.

After ESO beta I decided I like the game and can't wait to see more.. (Pre-Ordered CE Now)

I initially liked Wildstar when I did the first stress test but I can't say that I feel that way now after playing ESOs beta, Wildstar's cartoon style graphics make it hard for me to feel immersed. (Nothing wrong with that, but if I wanted to play WoW id just play WoW)

Same for me.

The cartoon wolrd is beeing dominated by wow.

I wonder Why other companies even bother with worse cartoon graphics?

• gonewildgonewild Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Originally posted by tawess

The funny thing is that people are dissapointed by Eso and putting their hopes on wildstar.

But they dont know that wildstar is worse than Eso.

I feel sorry for those blind believers

Well seeing as you don´t care about neither NDA or your MMORPG account... Care to explain your points.

Because what i have seen so far from promo material and my time in the ESO beta

Both are "themepark" MMO´s

Wildstar have superior animations

ESO have a more open skill system

Wildstar have a lighter tone

ESO have deeper lore

Wildstar have a better housing system

ESO have a flexible class system

So to me it simply seems like it is a question of taste... And for someone who does not find ESO to be to their taste it seesm to me that WildStar might be a game for them. I think WildStar will do a lot better just because it is not carrying around a brickhouse on it´s back... ESO will always suffer due to people expecting to get a single player story in a MMO. Also ESO is so very much a ES game that in many ways it is regressing the genre.

But in some ways i agree, it is far from as bad as people here make it out to be, i just think it is unfair to compare Wildstar with it.. they share pretty much nothing beyond being MMO+s and "themepark". It would be like comparing a hardboiled egg to a choco egg... Bot are, well egg shaped and have a shell... but there is sort of where the similarities end.

Originally posted by ZagaWildstar feels like a feature-stripped version of WoW, complete with less classes, less races, less abilities, linear zones, and an art style taken from Cartoon Network to match their feature-stripped graphics engine (particle effects! wooo!).

To be honest i take the style of WildStar over a game that have animations from 1997... And bad animations at that. There is no life in any PC or NPC in ESO. They all pretty much look like robots. Not to mention the combat animations. Wildstar at least have nice smooth animations and the world look alive.

Not to mention that ESO will look like crap in a year or so... Just like any other ES game.. But this time the community will not be able to save it.

Wildstar superior animations?

If you were saying archeage has superior animations i would agree but wildstar animations are worse than Eso

Just lol dude just lol

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Originally posted by Cantorage

But I am sad that all these three sorry excuses for MMOs come out at once, because most MMO gamers will end up buying at least one of them even those who don't like them, because they can't go without their MMO fix, which is really really frustrating, leaving tons of cash in the pockets of bone idle publishers and creatively bankrupt developers.

So much this.

• sleepr27sleepr27 Member UncommonPosts: 102

Was more interested in Wildstar than in ESO, played it for a couple of days. Uninstalled it. 

Played ESO for one BETA weekend, pre-ordered. Loved the game.

Originally posted by tawess

The funny thing is that people are dissapointed by Eso and putting their hopes on wildstar.

But they dont know that wildstar is worse than Eso.

I feel sorry for those blind believers

Well seeing as you don´t care about neither NDA or your MMORPG account... Care to explain your points.

Because what i have seen so far from promo material and my time in the ESO beta

Both are "themepark" MMO´s

Wildstar have superior animations

ESO have a more open skill system

Wildstar have a lighter tone

ESO have deeper lore

Wildstar have a better housing system

ESO have a flexible class system

So to me it simply seems like it is a question of taste... And for someone who does not find ESO to be to their taste it seesm to me that WildStar might be a game for them. I think WildStar will do a lot better just because it is not carrying around a brickhouse on it´s back... ESO will always suffer due to people expecting to get a single player story in a MMO. Also ESO is so very much a ES game that in many ways it is regressing the genre.

But in some ways i agree, it is far from as bad as people here make it out to be, i just think it is unfair to compare Wildstar with it.. they share pretty much nothing beyond being MMO+s and "themepark". It would be like comparing a hardboiled egg to a choco egg... Bot are, well egg shaped and have a shell... but there is sort of where the similarities end.

Originally posted by ZagaWildstar feels like a feature-stripped version of WoW, complete with less classes, less races, less abilities, linear zones, and an art style taken from Cartoon Network to match their feature-stripped graphics engine (particle effects! wooo!).

To be honest i take the style of WildStar over a game that have animations from 1997... And bad animations at that. There is no life in any PC or NPC in ESO. They all pretty much look like robots. Not to mention the combat animations. Wildstar at least have nice smooth animations and the world look alive.

Not to mention that ESO will look like crap in a year or so... Just like any other ES game.. But this time the community will not be able to save it.

Wildstar superior animations?

If you were saying archeage has superior animations i would agree but wildstar animations are worse than Eso

Just lol dude just lol

Yes I agree.....but I didnt have any problems with the animations in ESO....so guess its just a "taste" thing

This discussion has been closed.