Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well looks like Wildstar is THE last hope.

Comments

• timidobservertimidobserver Member UncommonPosts: 246
    LOL, anyone that has played GW2 for a significant amount of time already knows what Wildstar will be. Yet another cash scheme by the same company. I am not even going to give Wildstar a shot. It will just be another cash shop cosmetics fest with boring/insignificant updates to drive the cosmetics.
  • RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Originally posted by timidobserver
    LOL, anyone that has played GW2 for a significant amount of time already knows what Wildstar will be. Yet another cash scheme by the same company. I am not even going to give Wildstar a shot. It will just be another cash shop cosmetics fest with boring/insignificant updates to drive the cosmetics.

GW2 - ? No nothing like GW2 - might want to take off your blinders and really look at the game, it's not like GW2 at all

• timidobservertimidobserver Member UncommonPosts: 246
    Originally posted by Rockniss
    Originally posted by timidobserver

GW2 - ? No nothing like GW2 - might want to take off your blinders and really look at the game, it's not like GW2 at all

Just another NCsoft game. 

The Business Model is pretty similar. 

• LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    I gave Wildstar a good try this weekend - it just doesn't do it for me.  I'm sure it will attract a decent fanbase and both this game and ESO will be successful.  They are 2 very different styles of game even though they are themeparks, and I think you're either going to like this one or ESO and not care for the other too much.  I'm sure there will be exceptions, but that's my guess.
  • MMO-RelicMMO-Relic Member UncommonPosts: 81
    In beta now and I must say I'm much more impressed with ESO. The skills and story are jest meh.

Acolytes Gaming (forums.acolytesgaming.com)

Sheep or Shepard- Make up your own damn mind.

It is true, the older you get, the less patience you have for those who watch a Youtube video and from that believe they know it all.

• OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548

ESO can't take WoW's place they have different ideologies. It's true pretty much every aspect of Wildstar is UBER polished compared to ESO including more content on the surface (except an unoptimized client back in december which may or may not be fixed now), but it's hardly sucking. At least the NDA lifting allowed it to move up in the hype meter higher than Wildstar is now.

If you really like WoW and want a similar experience. Wildstar I think can offer it. That's how I feel after being in beta and trying to force myself to test it. Wildstar will be a fun game...though for old WoW fans. 

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by Orious

ESO can't take WoW's place they have different ideologies. It's true pretty much every aspect of Wildstar is UBER polished compared to ESO including more content on the surface (except an unoptimized client back in december which may or may not be fixed now), but it's hardly sucking. At least the NDA lifting allowed it to move up in the hype meter higher than Wildstar is now.

If you really like WoW and want a similar experience. Wildstar I think can offer it. That's how I feel after being in beta and trying to force myself to test it. Wildstar will be a fun game...though for old WoW fans. 

I haven't played Wildstar beta so I can't compare the two personally, but Wildstar will appeal to WoW fans, namely the old ones, for sure, but I think that may be bad as well.  If its too much like WoW then players may not be willing to essentially start over and deal with bugs and lack of content again. 

We shall see though.  I personally think there are so many players now looking for instant gratification that any game that doesn't cater to them is doomed to flounder in mediocrity.

• KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    The only question is if this game will become F2P before ESO or ESO will be F2P before WS.
  • PhoenixC13PhoenixC13 Member UncommonPosts: 119

I was playing Wildstar beta was really looking forward to it and I felt like it was just wow 2.0 did nothing for me.  ESO I was not really thinking about much got a beta so I tried it and I loved it.  In one weekend i put more time into ESO then I did Wildstar in months.  So best of luck to you.  I hope EQ Next is the new thing but we will see.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971
    Originally posted by Orious

What are the reasons Wildstar are for "WoW fans". When i watch videos about this game it rather reminds me on a mix between GW2 + Swtor. But since I did not play the game I cant judge it. Would be cool to hear some points, thx.

• ZagaZaga Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by spizz

What are the reasons Wildstar are for "WoW fans". When i watch videos about this game it rather reminds me on a mix between GW2 + Swtor. But since I did not play the game I cant judge it. Would be cool to hear some points, thx.

There's regular classes and regular quests in linear maps, unlike GW2. And they do not try to make a big deal out of the story at all, unlike SWTOR, but rather use the same old approach: quest text nobody reads, which can be immediately skipped through, and the occasional 10-second long birds eye cutscene. There's no writing or acting that you'll regret skipping through anywhere.

It's really just a rehash of WoW in any way you can imagine, from the "follow the map marker" quests to the cartoony art style and disregard for modern graphics technology (hey, I guess they saved money to spend on something else... I just don't see what).

• GatlanGatlan Member UncommonPosts: 141
    As an old Wow fan, I don't see Wildstar appealing to all old Wow fans.  I think it will appeal to Gnome fans.  Those who played Wow and really like Gnomeregan and Gnome related humor will like Wildstar.
  • AtadisAtadis Member Posts: 56
    I wasn't impressed with Wildstar all that much, Ill stick with EQNext and ArcheAge
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    If Wildstar is ur last hope, then u have no hope.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

Played the beta of Wildstar.

Saved 50 bucks.

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    OP please stop using words like 'our'. You don't speak for me. I won't even touch wildstar with a 10 foot pole. 

+1

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    Originally posted by squalleonaha

WOW cartoon style + sub $15 a month, 

i would not let my hope on it much.

also its no longer time that we stick on 1 MMO for 5-7 years anymore. maybe we should just buy the mmo we like and play for the free month and begone with it.

Better than the alternatives with "realistic" graphics and the same color palette as a NYC subway station men's room toilet. It may no longer a time for YOU to spend 5-7 years on a game, but there are still plenty of us out there who know the value of staying with a game.

• BoreilBoreil Member UncommonPosts: 448
    Last hope for what ?  Ex/current WoW players looking for the next big one ?  Yes it has that nailed, and no that's not a bad thing, its actually an great thing (not for my taste but great none the less) . The devs  were aiming ( by their words) to make a sci-fi WoW with action combat and much better game systems, and they  did that masterfully.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Originally posted by djazzy
    There is never a last hope. There will always be newer games coming out

Newer games, familiar concepts. Nothing new from the west Twenty-Forever!!

• MMO-RelicMMO-Relic Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Originally posted by Tierless

WS will snag a very loyal EX WOW fan base.

Agreed, they worked hard on it, but it will be a nitch game at best. And to the above poster about color pallet, I'll make the NYC subway color if ESO over the pastel colors of WS any day. 

Acolytes Gaming (forums.acolytesgaming.com)

Sheep or Shepard- Make up your own damn mind.

It is true, the older you get, the less patience you have for those who watch a Youtube video and from that believe they know it all.

• BoreilBoreil Member UncommonPosts: 448
    Originally posted by MMO-Relic
    Originally posted by Tierless

WS will snag a very loyal EX WOW fan base.

Agreed, they worked hard on it, but it will be a nitch game at best. And to the above poster about color pallet, I'll make the NYC subway color if ESO over the pastel colors of WS any day. 

Ummmm no its NOT a nitch game in any way at all, its the complete opposite, it is very much a mainstream game.

Wurm, Darkfall, Mortal Online,  those are nitche games.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Atadis
    I wasn't impressed with Wildstar all that much, Ill stick with EQNext and ArcheAge

Why do you even spend time on a themepark games forums if you clearly are a sandbox man...

You state your opinion in the same sentence where you indicate that your opinion and statement about this themepark has no value about the specific game, but only about themeparks in general... You posted in the wrong forum mate..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• maple2maple2 Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Originally posted by MrJimLahey
    well, depend on how they handle the 40 man raid though, most experience i got from 12-24 raid is supper lag. so i dont actually trust the 40 man raid at all.

Sounds like you need to upgrade or just get rid of your Windows 2000 computer.  I have never had lag in these situations.  Then again, im not trying to raid on a graphing calculator.

its too soon to assume that the lag is on my side. i built my own rig and i know how to handle little PC issue. 

what i'm talking is the server they running for 40 man. as in other game i played, the 12 and 24 man they giving tons of lag and high latency, delay

that is your internet and pc dude..  i never lagged or anything in any games beside FFXIV reborn because the server is located in canada and i am located in denmark.. i get a delay of 200ms.

it's not about the server at all. its about the client's pc to be able to handle 20/40 man raids as it is in wildstar..

this game as descriped before is for people who look for a challenge in a rich enviorment and raiding.

even dungeons are hard as hell and some of the starting dungeons are just as hard as  a raid in wow. 

• maple2maple2 Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Originally posted by captainamazing57

Wildstar looks absolutely terrible. It's quite depressing that this is the big MMO hope for many.

The graphics are way too childish for me to take the game seriously. Yes, I have watched the game videos.

Wildstar got same graphics as world of warcraft,rift,tera and so on.. so if u ditch a game on graphics goddamit u are retarded and stupid...