Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: The NDA Lifts

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Participants in Elder Scrolls Online's beta are now freed from the constraints of the non-disclosure agreement according to an announcement on the official site.

From this point on, you're invited to share your experiences in the ESO beta with others!

Testers have been chomping at the bit to post their impressions of The Elder Scrolls Online publicly, and we're ready to set you loose on the world. Starting today, the Non-Disclosure Agreement has been lifted, so you'll be able to share your thoughts!

There isn't a beta event taking place now, but we'll hold another soon--watch for invites. You'll be free to capture and share footage and screenshots, stream your gameplay, and talk about the game wherever you'd like during that test (and in future tests).

We want to see what you have to say, so share your thoughts, guides, articles, and impressions with us on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and Tumblr!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    I had every intention on passing on this game.  After the beta test, I decided to buy the collector's edition.  I haven't been this immersed in an MMO in years.  I'm still pondering all the possible combinations of class, race, weapon, armor, world, pvp skills..  just wow.

I have no problem spending $15 a month to see this continue to evolve.
  • HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476
    This game is a lot of fun, lets see how it does against EQN since they have said it will be similar to EVE which a lot of people have been looking for a genre like EQN is giving using EVE game play.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Great news, probably plan on buying it regardless, but I do like to see what people really think about it and appreciate the NDA finally coming down.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962
    I to was very indifferent towards ESO. But got very positively surprised by the BETA. Is it because I went in without expectations? Or because I really liked the game? I don't know yet. But the game did feel solid to me. Few things I still don't agree with such as limited number of abilities. But that's just it. Even with these limitations I managed to overlook that detail and enjoy the rest of the game. And the rest of the game was very enjoyable.

Not skipping this one.
  • LipstickpaddyLipstickpaddy Member UncommonPosts: 22

Due to the first round of impressions being all over the place, I was happy to get one of the 500k beta keys from curse to wrap my own opinions on the game.

After spending a good 20 hours in the game, and theory crafting class builds I decided this is definitely the next big mmo.  In fact I'd go as saying a true RPGMMO.  Pre-ordered the Imperial edition when the beta ended and have now lost my appetite to play anyother game!!!  All I want is to jump back into ESO!!! 

Roll on March 30th.  (5 day early access)

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    Ii just didn't work for me.  I felt bored and I had trouble focusing my attention during the "tutorial" stages.  It felt like Rift to me in that sense, where the game just doesn't grab you and pull you in.  I felt it was like a chore logging in to the rest of the beta.  The game seems to run fine, and doesn't seem overly complicated.  The animations felt a bit clunky to me as well.  Anyway, I think this game is a pass for me.  I enjoyed Skyrim, but this seems like it strayed a bit too far from that in my opinion.
  • SpawnbladeSpawnblade Member UncommonPosts: 204
    Originally posted by NomadMorlock
    I had every intention on passing on this game.  After the beta test, I decided to buy the collector's edition.  I haven't been this immersed in an MMO in years.  I'm still pondering all the possible combinations of class, race, weapon, armor, world, pvp skills..  just wow.

I have no problem spending $15 a month to see this continue to evolve.

Same.

• SpawnbladeSpawnblade Member UncommonPosts: 204
    Originally posted by Hellidol
    This game is a lot of fun, lets see how it does against EQN since they have said it will be similar to EVE which a lot of people have been looking for a genre like EQN is giving using EVE game play.

Problem with EQN is that the developers are scared shitless of PvP, and it's impossible to have an Eve-like game without player conflict.

• InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165
    Swift news :P

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

• DeathFromAboveDeathFromAbove Member UncommonPosts: 112
    When l first started playing it, l was like hmm. There were a few things that l didn't like, the red line around your enemy makes it look cheap and flat, like a paper cut out. And the Island was slow and a little boring, needs a little more life to it.. But the more l played it the less things bothered me and the more l started to enjoyed it and have fun. l love how you can pick any weapon or armor and use it. Well l order the CE and can't wait to start playing it.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Yes!

By yes, I mean I can directly state why this game is bad and why its good to wait and just see if its the game for you since as a whole, the game itself is quite weak unless you like certain particular elements. Its just a hollow "elder scrolls' game without that rich atmosphere and story. The only benefit it has (which to its credit, is good) its pvp, particularly with sieges which show what GW2 SHOULD of done with their WvW pvp. 

None the less, just please don't buy this or preorder it with their rather horrible business practice of trying to sell races. Resist it, give it a month out and see how it really is and get a better feel from it, ideally try it out before you just throw money at a game I think a good majority of people will be relatively disappointed with and who might at most get 1 or two months of play from before leaving unless you really like the PvP.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by HATUEY
    When l first started playing it, l was like hmm. There were a few things that l didn't like, the red line around your enemy makes it look cheap and flat, like a paper cut out. And the Island was slow and a little boring, needs a little more life to it.. But the more l played it the less things bothered me and the more l started to enjoyed it and have fun. l love how you can pick any weapon or armor and use it. Well l order the CE and can't wait to start playing it.

You can shut that red outline off. It sucks and looks cheap but you can get rid of it.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

Still curious if this game is going to work with 6 and 6 skills.

It would be better to have all that 12 skills in 1 hotbar without the need to switch weapons.

All this reminds me of gw 2 which i didn't like.

Furthermore the limitation to cast cure spells only with a restoration staff is just dull.

In all es games i was able to cast healing spells without the need of a staff.Now you have to be equiped with that kind of shit.

Ps:I hate staffs

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Finally, now I can say I played the beta for a good many months, and didn't like the game Tried to give it a chance in all the time I tested it, but it was just too mediocre for me. I've just grown tired of the themepark mmorpg's.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• LogsdonbLogsdonb Member UncommonPosts: 18
    I had a blast and have already preordered.  Everything I did once I was through the tutorial was fun.
  • MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

My thoughts: has the potential to be the best F2P MMO ever.

Yes, F2P MMO.  I don't think it will last as a P2P title.  Yes it is a good game, if not a great game (it is Skyrim watered down, but that is by no means a bad thing), but it is simply not going to last as a P2P game.  It doesn't have the same problems as games like SWTOR (and is by all means superior), but it will likely go the way of SWTOR.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• MpfiveMpfive Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by MadDemon64

Yes, F2P MMO.  I don't think it will last as a P2P title.  Yes it is a good game, if not a great game (it is Skyrim watered down, but that is by no means a bad thing), but it is simply not going to last as a P2P game.  It doesn't have the same problems as games like SWTOR (and is by all means superior), but it will likely go the way of SWTOR.

Crystal balls are out in force once again;)

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by MadDemon64

I agree to your main point, with a clarfication; I don't think any major game will last as an exclusively P2P title.  Niche games with tiny budgets, sure, but there is just too much cash shop revenue to be made for big budget games to go long term without one.  And Zenimax would be doing a happy dance all the way to the bank if it goes the way of SWTOR, that game rakes in buckets of money.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    I uninstalled before the tutorial ended. I could tell that it wasn't a game for me.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

I was undecided and leaning very much to the negative side regarding ESO. I played a ridiculous amount of hours in Skyrim, and I couldn't imagine an MMO being anything even close to that.

Then I saw that Curse had beta keys up for grabs, so I decided to have a look at ESO anyway. As it turned out, it seems I was one of the few people that enjoyed the game from the moment I set foot on the starter island, lol

It's not Skyrim 2, but it's an excellent MMO interpretation of the ES world imho. I've ordered a digital Imperial CE. End of March can't come soon enough !

• AlalalaAlalala Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Can someone make the case for $225 for the first year, in a market with many, comparable F2P fantasy MMOs?
    Originally posted by Alalala
    Can someone make the case for $225 for the first year, in a market with many, comparable F2P fantasy MMOs?

Yeah I can.

I base my time usage on doing things I want to do or that have value.

I wouldn't spend an hour in a f2p game (or p2p game for that matter) that I didn't want to play. I don't really like most of the f2p games out so they essentially "don't exist".

I've enjoyed my time in ESO and therefore it's worth my money. Since I am a person who has no problems paying for my entertainment and since $225 isn't a lot of money over the course of a year (I will spend several times that on movies and concerts and will easily spend twice that going to N.Y. for an Opera and hotel and lunch/dinner for just a weekend) I can say that it is a good use of money provided that each month I pay the subscription I feel that I am enjoying myself.

Not sure if that's what you want to hear but "there it is".

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• Syphin_BSyphin_B Member UncommonPosts: 340

I am in the Psyjic Order of the beta which is the beta that we can play past lvl 17 and the game doesnt change past 17 in terms of broken quest and bugs.

I watched a friend play in the 1-17 stress test event and it was surprising that bugs were still there and still hasnt been fixed.

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416
    Originally posted by Spawnblade
    Originally posted by Hellidol

Problem with EQN is that the developers are scared shitless of PvP, and it's impossible to have an Eve-like game without player conflict.

Is that so, so with them announcing via the roadmap that PvP will be making it's way to EQ Landmark, you would think that PvP is sure as hell going to make it into EQ Next, seeing as Landmark is undoubtedly the testbed for Next.

As for ESO, well I'm busy within Landmark Alpha right now, but ESO is still something I would like to play on odd days.

Originally posted by Drago

I am in the Psyjic Order of the beta which is the beta that we can play past lvl 17 and the game doesnt change past 17 in terms of broken quest and bugs.

I watched a friend play in the 1-17 stress test event and it was surprising that bugs were still there and still hasnt been fixed.

That's a pretty blanket statement. what about he bugs that were fixed? I logged out the beta before this past one becasue when I entered a house I was supposed to go to a dresser, read a paper and then be attacked by an enemy entering the house. This was in the Ebonheart pact faction.

I tried it several times, tried the workarounds that were offered and none worked. So I logged out there as it was close to the end of the beta.

This past beta happens and I log back in and the quest is completely fixed and I was able to complete it.

So sure, I can't argue that there are bugs that might not have been fixed but there are bugs that have been fixed. One's mileage may vary.

I imagine that eventually they will be fixed to one degree or other.