Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO NDA Officially Lifted for everyone

So, there you go

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/02/15/the-beta-nda-has-lifted

Wonder what the armchair detectives/conspiracists will say now.

Comments

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Great news. There are lot of issues which need to be brought out in open. I think its time i start writing mine to share with rest and get their opinions.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Originally posted by skyline385

So, there you go

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/02/15/the-beta-nda-has-lifted

Wonder what the armchair detectives/conspiracists will say now.

Go GO Gadget defense squad!

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    Great news. There are lot of issues which need to be brought out in open. I think its time i start writing mine to share with rest and get their opinions.

Based on comments I've read from you so far I will expect your post of beta impressions to basically come down to the game is terrible and you hate it.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156
    Originally posted by LisaFlexy22

Based on comments I've read from you so far I will expect your post of beta impressions to basically come down to one thing - the game is terrible and you hate it.

lol so true

• SoulTrapOnSelfSoulTrapOnSelf Member Posts: 190
    any word about  necromancer skill line?
  • JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by SoulTrapOnSelf
    any word about  necromancer skill line?

I've seen no talk of this during the beta. Just the conjuration like summons from the mage lines.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Well now that i can actually speak about the game...

It is a elder scrolls game... It has the same pro and con as the others and it will frustrate you in the same ways as the others.

Also the animations are really really crap... But again this is in line with the other ES games.

This have been a good conversation

• -aLpHa--aLpHa- Member UncommonPosts: 852

I am also interested in the long term appeal (end game content), so please tell us your impressions!

I hope there is more to ESO then 24/7 AvA.

My initial impressions of PVE where really horrible, especially if you play melee in 1st person and you clip through mobs and the amateurish animations.

• Excellent.

• FappuccinoFappuccino Member Posts: 159
    Originally posted by PrinceDamien

• lunatiquezlunatiquez Member UncommonPosts: 381
    The game is fine, you can follow your main story quest line and missed those side quests if you don't bother exploring. Yes it's an Elder Scrolls game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156
    Originally posted by DMKano

OK closed beta testers - endgame content - spill the beans! 

How much of endgame content got tested by beta players?

What can we expect?

Endgame ranged vs melee AvA - how do items/skills scale and perform end game?

Viable builds? FOTM endgame builds? Things that need nerfing?

how would anyone know about end game content? There were a bunch of closed beta weekends (3 days each) with wipes in between.

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

I was initially put off on the idea of an ES MMO and bought into the haters.

After playing it for a bit the game is very good

Lots of crafting and exploration.

The world seems huge.

Combat is nice and fluid.

Slower pace of advancement really fits well with the intricate crafting and gathering.

There are some quest and UI issues but they are minor and should be patched out by release.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by LisaFlexy22

Based on comments I've read from you so far I will expect your post of beta impressions to basically come down to the game is terrible and you hate it.

Please feel free to show me the post where i said that and yeah given that there was an NDA i couldn't go in detail. I am sorry if i don't suck up to everything game developers throw at me something you seem to be really good at (yeah i can also look into post histories).

I have never used the word 'hate' for ESO..not once but thanks for trolling me.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• Prod1702Prod1702 Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by miagisan
    Originally posted by DMKano

OK closed beta testers - endgame content - spill the beans! 

How much of endgame content got tested by beta players?

What can we expect?

Endgame ranged vs melee AvA - how do items/skills scale and perform end game?

Viable builds? FOTM endgame builds? Things that need nerfing?

how would anyone know about end game content? There were a bunch of closed beta weekends (3 days each) with wipes in between.

You are 100% correct sir. There has been no 100% closed beta just beta weekends with wipes after 3 days. No real way to test end game.

Originally posted by greenreen
    Wow, ok let me control my excitement before I start blabbing.Here's something no one talks about.There is multi-loot. You have two dead creatures, you loot one and ALL of them are looted in bulk.No more clicking each one - woohooooo.PVP was fucking amazing too. I turned a corner and said Holy fucking shit when I saw hundreds of people fighting and siege weapons going like mad.No lag at all for me EVEN during the stress test with a not gaming based graphics card Radeon HD 7450.

SWTOR did that one first i think, then WoW implemented it and now it's pretty much standard in all new MMO's (almost).

Originally posted by -aLpHa-

Wow, ok let me control my excitement before I start blabbing.

Here's something no one talks about.

There is multi-loot. You have two dead creatures, you loot one and ALL of them are looted in bulk.

No more clicking each one - woohooooo.

PVP was fucking amazing too. I turned a corner and said Holy fucking shit when I saw hundreds of people fighting and siege weapons going like mad.

No lag at all for me EVEN during the stress test with a not gaming based graphics card Radeon HD 7450.

SWTOR did that one first i think, then WoW implemented it and now it's pretty much standard in all new MMO's (almost).

Of the new ones, Rift did, if memory serves me well.

Originally posted by -aLpHa-   Originally posted by greenreen Wow, ok let me control my excitement before I start blabbing.   Here's something no one talks about. There is multi-loot. You have two dead creatures, you loot one and ALL of them are looted in bulk. No more clicking each one - woohooooo. PVP was fucking amazing too. I turned a corner and said Holy fucking shit when I saw hundreds of people fighting and siege weapons going like mad. No lag at all for me EVEN during the stress test with a not gaming based graphics card Radeon HD 7450.
    SWTOR could not have started because Chronicles of Spellborn had it even better. You didn't have to loot at all, it would automatically popup all loot without asking to loot. I'm all for anything that reduces clicking for tedious tasks.

I don't remember it in Rift or GW2 and I played both of those. I haven't been to WOW in years, SWTOR never interested me.

I was in the Spellborn beta, i don't remember area loot but i remember it being a bad game.

• Cristina1Cristina1 Member UncommonPosts: 372

There is multi-loot. You have two dead creatures, you loot one and ALL of them are looted in bulk.

PVP was fucking amazing too. I turned a corner and said Holy fucking shit when I saw hundreds of people fighting and siege weapons going like mad.

No lag at all for me EVEN during the stress test with a not gaming based graphics card Radeon HD 7450.

SWTOR could not have started because Chronicles of Spellborn had it even better. You didn't have to loot at all, it would automatically popup all loot without asking to loot. I'm all for anything that reduces clicking for tedious tasks.

I don't remember it in Rift or GW2 and I played both of those. I haven't been to WOW in years, SWTOR never interested me.

How about an area kill all button, you enter an area with mobs, click kill all button, bam all dead. No more pointless clicking....

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

GOOD:

it's very pretty.

it's incredibly well optimized.

great sounds, music, voiced quests. (i don't care for voiced quests.)

The map is very big.

very clean UI.

TES lore is very evident.

PvP map very big.

some quite challenging quest bosses even at early levels. 

BAD:

no collision control! (soooooo lame)

aiming is a joke. very short range, and "shoot in general direction for auto hit". 

borrowed skills and skill bars from GW2. (never liked it)

VERY quest driven.

A LOT of  very empty space.

way too many "talk to this guy" quests.

you can't fight or dive in water (wtf?)

first person view an afterthought.

basic attacks and jumping don't consume any stamina/mana=spam fest.

Can't sprint and use any abilities + stam regens incredibly fast.

all races and classes have instant crazy hp regen out of combat (...seriously effing lame!)

animations very stiff. 

unlimited arrows/staff projectiles (are you effing kidding me?)

pvp map VERY empty.

hungry piranha in all pvp water (lame way to force people to use bridges).

How can you not remember that? I played eons ago in alpha and shortly at launch.

at about the 1 minute mark.