Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Rift: Everything You Need to Know About Patch 2.6

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Rejoice, RIFT fans! This week heralds the arrival of a brand new patch filled to the brim with free new content. Several members of the press were treated to an exclusive preview of all that patch 2.6 has to offer. There are some surprises in store and some deeper systems than we first expected and almost all of it ties into dimension and artifacts. Follow us after the break to find out why now is the perfect time to give RIFT a re-visit, especially if you want to be prepared for 3.0. Read on for more.

Read more of Chris Coke's Tripping the Rift: Everything You Need to Know About Patch 2.6.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Tykam123Tykam123 Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Originally posted by Vivasvan
    So no new meaningful content or dungeons or raids.

Oh yeh Ofc it's like lotro now. Free to play.

Cya rift

I would normally agree with you, however from my understanding RIft has been doing amazing things with their raiding/dungeons lately. A lot of old dungeons have been reworked/released for the level cap and players have been having a blast. Not to mention an expansion with all new dungeons and raids is in the horizon. I think you might be jumping the gun a bit. Idk how Rift willl be by say, next year, but right now its still very much active and alive. 

• TweekxTweekx Member Posts: 6
    They are currently testing the next tier of raids on the PTS, though it is my understanding that very few guilds have cleared the current tier of raids so they may not really be needed atm.
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

Unstable events are soul crushing. Wasted a half hour (that's the length the event lasts) in Stillmore looking for just one unstable artifact, and couldn't find a single one, after going around and in the middle of the map 3-4 times.

The fact that you don't even get credit for being in the zone while the event is happening, unless you find at least one unstable artifact, is also fairly frustrating because when you find nothing it feels like you just wasted a half-hour and got nothing out of it in return.

Smile

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Did they ever fix the clunky animations and movement because until they can do that the game is unplayable to me.

• Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475

They could be just busy with testing their ArcheAge Family Alpha in the office.

Give them a few month to release ArcheAge, and they'll be back to Rift in full force.

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by Jonas_SG

They could be just busy with testing their ArcheAge Family Alpha in the office.

Give them a few month to release ArcheAge, and they'll be back to Rift in full force.

What about the devs they moved to Trove?  When are they coming back?

Overall, gotta give Trion credit on this.

They could have charged for Dream Weaver but it looks like they didn't.  They will still make nice profit on it from people buying the extra profession slot anyway.

Also, when SL launched dimensions were just an inferior version of EQ2's housing.  While I still can't stand the aesthetics of many of them, they took another thing from EQ2's housing (weather and atmosphere effects) and expanded on it.  And they made all the new dimensions crafted items, not cash shop items (EQ2 leans too heavy on the cash shop for the good housing areas, but of course they also give their subbers cash shop currency as a perk).

And they are making moves not based on attracting new customers, but building on what their existing customers like.  From the dev team that brought you 3 faction PvP in a 2 faction game just because other games were coming out with 3 faction PvP, this is a promising change.

Not sure Ill ever play again because I dislike the races, the amoeba class sytem, and Telara itself but maybe Trion is learning.  If they get a chance to make another MMORPG (not a MMOShooter or MMORTS or other MMO____) it might be something great.

• TheIdealistTheIdealist Member UncommonPosts: 45
    This game have the most terrible movement animation ever!
  • BgRvaBgRva Member Posts: 1
    Major glitches on this release as well (chat down for 2 days and caused all NPC emotes (as in raid bosses) to fail - no raiding, dungeons, party chat.  Mail was down too).  The may be getting better at populating the in game store with 'optional' stuff to buy, but each patch roles out with serious issues.  And the re-purposing of old content - this patch brought a 'new' air saga.  It was the same quest line I did in vanilla rift LOL. Completed the whole quest line then but hey, I get to do the same thing again. And they make you grind rep to get it done.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Rift doesn't really age well...

Just got released 3 years ago and looks so old already.

• GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395
    Originally posted by TheIdealist

I thought that was Lord Of The Rings Online.

• cprikcprik Member UncommonPosts: 38
    The movement, animations and spell effects of this game is just umbarable. Fix that and more would probably play
  • YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Originally posted by Adoni

I thought that was Lord Of The Rings Online.

Or EQ2 or even WoW had some pretty bad ones.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560

Also add terrible dance animations. any and all kind of  movement animation in this game are plain bad. and then cross faction pvp and pve, killed the game for me.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

It's been crashing a lot since the patch was added.  Hopefully, this gets fixed soonish.  There is also a glitch with the chat system.  Guess this patch just wasn't tested enough.

Originally posted by cprik
    The movement, animations and spell effects of this game is just umbarable. Fix that and more would probably play

Their staff isn't big enough anymore.  It needs to focus on content for the people who still play.  Rift has much bigger issues than the animations anyway.  It has a small but dedicated fan base.  Keep them happy and the game will be around for years.

• sLY4JsLY4J Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Uh... They've added new dungeons, new chronicles, they added a new 5v5 PvP arena, and now added more items for dimensions.. Though as an active player, they needed to release a new expansion soon, your opinion is a very inaccurate opinion and you need to do research before you bash something.
  • RolleZRolleZ Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Have they fixed the performance yet? No.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by cprik

Huh?  Name me a MMO that is that much better.  Pretty common with all MMO's as they don't want to limit their client to high end computers.

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    2.6 introduced a fantastic renovation of the chat system which even 4 days later is still randomly taking down chat across the whole game. Multiple raids and dungeon events canceled and Trion shows no signs of rolling that back. (they must have hired some Blizzard devs)
    Originally posted by Samhael
    2.6 introduced a fantastic renovation of the chat system which even 4 days later is still randomly taking down chat across the whole game. Multiple raids and dungeon events canceled and Trion shows no signs of rolling that back. (they must have hired some Blizzard devs)

If they hired Blizzard devs their shit would be polished.

Sounds like they cut the wrong devs loose, or moved the best ones to Trove.