Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else feeling stupid

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
Been following this game for two years or longer..... And somehow i forgot to sign up to beta.... Now that sounds plain stupid..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Been following this game for two years or longer..... And somehow i forgot to sign up to beta.... Now that sounds plain stupid..

Nope, just you..

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

Dont worry, I dont think it matters when youve signed up for the beta, as I signed up well before my friends and theyve already been invited.

• BacchiraBacchira Member Posts: 50

Rofl, I had the exact same thing! Signed up yesterday.

For some odd reason I was convinced I had already signed up but apparently not since I could sign up my e-mail when I tried yesterday :p

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

I signed up for the beta but the more I learned of the game the less interested I became.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Their weekly beta waves (3000+) are random, so you have as much chance as another at this point.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Roxtarr
    Their weekly beta waves (3000+) are random, so you have as much chance as another at this point.

Not yet, still need to sign up....

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859

to quote the great philosopher 

"DOH!" :)

but without saying too much, This game Rocks, it will be my new full time mmo without doubt :)

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

well, rest asured - you didnt miss anything ;)

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

I got invited and I wasn't even expecting or hoping to.

I signed up for the beta the day it was announced. First beta emai I'v gotten.

Good too cause I can compare Wildstar to ESO beta I had last week.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I tried to sign up a long time ago, but it wouldn't let me in, so I tried to do a new password, but link never came to my email, then I thought, maybe they have a new system for this game, so I tried to make a new account, but it told me the email was already in use....So it was a aggravating cycle that I did a few time.....Just went back and seeing if a email actually gets sent this time.

• Home15Home15 Member Posts: 203

Hows this for stupid.

I was cheking my mail to see i may got a beta weekend stress invite wich i didnt.

Only to notice that gmail changed there mail into 3 tabs.

I saw a wildstar beta stress test key dating from december 2013, wich curently doesnt work now.

Thank you all for the beta keys, i have a working stress test key right now, and will be downloading the game as soon as  i get home from the office..... To all, enjoy your weekend, i know i will enjoy the upcomming rainy weekend.

i got several beta key offers, the first key i got worked like a dream....  It proofs my opinion that we have a mostly great community overhere, with some rotten beans spiled in between the soup..

• KerozenKerozen Member Posts: 8

I'm a huge Wildstar fan as well. Just like you i've been following this game a long time ago. Still crossing my fingers for a key to show all my friends how good this will be. Also my girlfriend thinks i'm crazy since i'm watching WS streams in the bed every night

UO, DAoC, WoW, the holy trinity

Originally posted by Kerozen

I'm a huge Wildstar fan as well. Just like you i've been following this game a long time ago. Still crossing my fingers for a key to show all my friends how good this will be. Also my girlfriend thinks i'm crazy since i'm watching WS streams in the bed every night

You are crazy, you should see an Esper or a Medic..  or you might end up as crazy as doctor Doom

• evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576
    Kinda bummed I didn't get an invite for this weekend either but oh well.

Also to the guy talking about hype... what hype? ESO is the current media darling, both good and bad. There's hardly any news on wildstar in comparison.
  • lunatiquezlunatiquez Member UncommonPosts: 381
    I've also been following this game since the first announcement. But I just sign up for beta recently in December. Luckily I got invited for the beta weekend stress test.
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989

I signed up pretty early also. Used to be I could get into a ton of betas. Now.....not so much

:P

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Thankfully I wont be getting a beta invite and the main reason is that I aint applying after seeing the game at gamescom in Koln Germany it was a complete turn off another cartoon theme park game. No thank you. If i want cartoons I'll read the Beano.

Asbo

• xerrixerri Member Posts: 30

TBH your not missing anything really your not no joking

• helothelot Member UncommonPosts: 99
    someone give me a key please.  :)
  • tristanryantristanryan Member Posts: 233
    Originally posted by xerri

I agree and it irritates me they sit on beta keys like its some top secret NSA project or some shit. Let people try the game and help beta test ffs. The "exclusivity" does nothing but get on my friends nerves and they literally arent missing anything amazing or even close tbh.

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Originally posted by xerri

I disagree...I've seen and heard enough to know that game isn't for YOU. But me? Or the OP? Sorry...

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• Randallt3mpRandallt3mp Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Originally posted by NightBandit
    Thankfully I wont be getting a beta invite and the main reason is that I aint applying after seeing the game at gamescom in Koln Germany it was a complete turn off another cartoon theme park game. No thank you. If i want cartoons I'll read the Beano.

Yea thankfully.  Thank the lord you weren't invited.  Another cartoon game? Are you kidding me. That would be a horrible thing to be invited to.  I think I feel my dinner coming up just thinking about it.  Man, you sure dodged a bullet there pal.  This will be worth mentioning before my next thanksgiving meal.

MMOs Played: FFXI,Age of Conan, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, GW2

Playing:None

Waiting For: Wildstar, The Repopulation, Archeage, TESO, Warhammer 40K:EC, EQN

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Originally posted by Kerozen

You are crazy, you should see an Esper or a Medic..  or you might end up as crazy as doctor Doom

You leave Doctor Doom's good name out of this or you are in for some unwanted attention pal.

• GrimfargoGrimfargo Member UncommonPosts: 59

Dont worry you miss nothing special and I thought a friend of mine (who has full beta access since months) is nuts for not liking this game.

I watched every DEV stream or streamers on twitch and it looked awesome. But...well I wont break NDA but Tamriel will my place to call home.