Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pick my new MMO (home)...

KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

Ok, so I'm going to play a "character progression online game" grindfest, themepark, sandbox, F2P, P2P, B2P, OLD, NEW, BAD or GOOD...Fact is the MMO this community will pick for me I'll play until the dawn of age when I'll be like OMG, this MMO is a 8/10 and I must switch to it.

So, I beg you please be considerate and lovely to your fellow gamer and pick me a solid MMO....At the end I'll count all the unique votes and "learn" to enjoy that MMO for at least this year. Finally, the game must be released, not in alpha/beta or w/e.

P.S: If at the end Scarlet Blade gets the most votes I'll indeed PLAY SCARLET BLADE. I'm not going to regret playing that more than I would regret playing any other single MMO out there right now. So, think of this as my "charity donation" to the most loved MMO to this community at the moment. It's been too long for me already not spending a dime on any game...

Comments

• Darknessguy64Darknessguy64 Member Posts: 233

WoW

You're welcome.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Skyrim with mods

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    WoW
  • StimzStimz Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Do Rift.

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897
    Neverwinter Online

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    If you go for the one with the most votes you will probably get a generic linear themepark like WoW or Guild Wars 2. Cross the line and try something different. Go with the one that gets lowest amount of votes.image
  • BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Everquest 2 is the only MMORPG i could feel good about recommending considering the current state of theme parks. Not too old, not too new, a little bit of everything, good community and while not a true blue MMORPG of ole' it's pretty much the melding point of the entire genre atm, imho.
  • ingphorlasingphorlas Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Mabinogi
  • Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077

Since it looks like WoD won't be released until at least fall, WoW.

It'll give you a leisurely 4-6 months to level to 90, which is long enough to do the lore quests to understand the WoW backstory; get some PvP in to learn which comps work good together; and give you time to enjoy the different continents and what they offer.

Strongly suggest picking a popular server if you don't want to play more alone, and PvE realms are best to start on, especially if you're a lore hound. Pick a realm with balanced Alliance and Horde populations also, so you can try both factions. Don't be afraid of ditching a server to play on another to find a realm community you'd prefer, as each client you can have 10 toons on 5 realms.

Also, Wowhead is your friend (study the guides), as you really don't want to ask trade chat for advice, or the trolls will nab and bag another n00b. Wowhead essentially covers everything WoW, from classes to guides on achieves, and without the pitfalls of those trolls...saves you many headaches (e.g., no, warriors don't wear intellect plate, only Holy paladins, for example...they get n00bs with that all the time).