Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

February 14 Patch: Chaos, Villages, Elementalist Rebalancing, etc

BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

These are the patch notes for today's patch. We apologize for the delay today. We were experiencing issues with our build machines and it was touch-and-go whether it would go out today or if we would need to hold it for Monday. It seems to be fixed now, so we should be fine for today.

In today's patch we have major changes to Villages and the new Primalist School, as well as Elementalist and Primalist changes, along with several other important updates.

Village Requisitioning
•Village capture/ownership is no longer restricted to clans who own territorial holdings, all clans can now capture any vulnerable village control-point.
•Village reward generation/retrieval, for both owner clans and players wishing to "steal" rewards, is now done through a single unified system... Requisitioning!

Screenshot
•Requisition crystals (required to craft requisition gauntlets) can drop from the following monsters:
•Kobold Strongman
•Goblin Warlord
•Ogre Bully
•Hobgoblin Officer
•Black Knight
•Shadow Knight

•Globules of Greed (required to power requisition gauntlets) can drop from all Bandit monsters

For a complete description of the new village system and requisitioning skill, see here
NEW Primalist school (Chaos)
Chaos has descended upon Agon! These powers of pandemonium, available to any primalists with a penchant for discord, will bring a significant dose of mayhem to the field of battle! With a plethora of entropic tools at their disposal, Chaos Primalists specialize in disrupting, relocating, and general face-melting any foes foolish enough to face them.
•Bolt of Bedlam - A fast-speeding, long-range bolt of randomized pain! Pure, chaotic, chance decides the type of damage you shall deal.
•Seizure - None can resist the lure of chaos. Targets up to a medium range away within a cone shaped area will be grabbed and drawn towards you!
•Havoc Blast - Blast anything in front of you, be it foe, friend or even the ground itself, with unholy damage and a very powerful push-back. Screenshot
•Soul Flay - Soufflé your victims soul! On a dying foe, this spell can gank and send them into oblivion! The spell damages a living foe and you will gain health every time your target deals damage for the duration. Screenshot
•Pall of Pandemonium (Ultimate) - A miasma of pure chaos boils out of the ground where you target this spell. All within will find their school skills ineffective, their vision blocked, and will suffer unholy damage over time. You will harvest their pain and reap the rewards as health!

General Changes
•Increased Crouch Speed by 25%
•Increased Run Speed by 11%
•Increased Strafe Speed by 43%
•Reduced “Break Fall” cooldown by 33%
•Increased camera shake effect for several spells.

Elementalist Changes
Air
Attunement to Air
•Removed damage reflect mechanic
•Added Piercing Protection
•Added a very short Movement Speed buff when cast
•Increased Lightning Protection by 66%
•Increased Cooldown by 71%
•Increased duration by 213%

Lightning Bolt
•Reduced Targeting Cone width by 30%

Static Field
•Reduced Mana cost by 20%
•Reduced Stamina cost by 50%

Thunderbolt
•Reduced Magnitude by 2.5%
•Reduced Mana cost by 40%
•Reduced Stamina cost by 20%
•Reduced AoE Radius by 1 tier

Tornado
•Reduced Mana cost by 33%

Fire
Attunement to Fire
•Increased Fire Protection by 40%

Dragonbreath
•Reduced Cooldown by 30%
•Reduced Casting Time by 80%
•Reduced Magnitude by 14%
•Reduced Mana cost by 33%
•Reduced Targeting cone width by 20%

Fireball
•Reduced Cooldown by 20%
•Reduced Mana cost by 17%
•Reduced AoE Radius by 1 tier

Heat Stroke
•Changed the Instant Stamina Penalty to Instant Fire Damage
•Armor protections and Shield block can now reduce the effects of Heat Stroke
•Completely removed knockback
•Reduced AoE radius by 2 tiers
•Added a Stamina penalty AoE that lingers after the initial impact.
•Increased Cooldown by 25%

Magma Bomb
•Increased Cooldown by 50%
•Reduced Knockback force by 25%
•Reduced Mana cost by 25%
•Reduced Stamina Cost by 20%

Water
Attunement to Water
•Increased Cold Protection by 13%

- Frostbite
Reduced Targeting Cone width by 22%
Reduced Lightning Protection Penalty by 50%
Blizzard
•Reduced Mana cost by 29%
•Reduced Stamina cost by 50%
•Reduced Cold Damage by 30%
•Reduced Lighting Protection Penalty by 25%

Primalist changes
Life
Healing Blast
•Reduced Stamina Cost by 50%

Item durability changes
•There is no longer a durability loss on armors when dueling if you get hit from your duel opponent
•Increased the durability damage on all armor pieces by 50% from PvP damage only.
•Added 10% durability hit (on item Max Durability), on all equipped items when the player gets ganked.

General Fixes
•Server performance optimizations
•Fixed some skills not working correctly while dueling
•Fixed a bug where in some cases a whisper would not be sent and reporting an “Invalid Command.”
•Player flags are now interactable and can be destroyed from any ranged attack

World Changes
•Brushed-up Kobold and Gnoll monster families

Audio
•New footsteps for player characters. Hearing old footstep sounds will indicate monster movement.

Last edited by Tasos; Today at 11:43.

Comments

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    This is a hell of a patch. Chaos is amazing. It seems like havoc blast is capable of getting you over city walls. I didn't have any city walls around to test it on, but it seems like it might make it.
  • JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    I'm resubbing for a month, nothing else out there. I just wish this game had more players.

My blog: image

Originally posted by Consensus
    I'm resubbing for a month, nothing else out there. I just wish this game had more players.

I swear this is the mantra of every DFUW player...

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    Thats because darkfall ruins everything else for you. Its a well documented fact.

My blog: image

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by Consensus

Well, its got another player...you.  Sounds like a lot of people are resubbing.  

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Yup Im resubbing! Finally CHAOS!   Is Imperium still around?  I hope I didnt log off in an enemy city, hahaha
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    I just picked up the game a couple of days ago.   Very interested in playing this.
    Originally posted by Nevulus
    Yup Im resubbing! Finally CHAOS!   Is Imperium still around?  I hope I didnt log off in an enemy city, hahaha

Yeah imperium is still around, and depending on when you unsubbed you very well may log into an enemy city. The political landscape has changed quite a bit for imperium since launch.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by Nevulus

Imperium is still around, their cities are not. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher