Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: The Road to Open Beta Begins February 14th in Russia

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The ArcheAge Mail.ru site has been updated with the timeline to the Russian-language open beta. Beginning with preliminary character creation on Friday, February 14th, then on to early access for game owners on Sunday, February 16th, the open beta for all kicks off on Saturday, February 22nd.

Mail.ru also has activities, contests and in-game events planned for the time leading up to and including the open beta.

Source: AA.Mail.RU

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    And in the EU? May?

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    What are the steps / requirements to get the client by the 22nd?  I'd like to play the OBT, but would rather not pre-order, since Trion might actually release this game still for US / EU ...

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841
    This game is so dead to me at this point.  Talk about blowing the opportunity to make a ton of money, the time it has taken from when this game was the talk of the sandbox/PvP community, to whenever the hell it releases NA has just been unreal.  A year ago, this game was top of my radar, at this point it has completely fallen off.
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Originally posted by 4bsolute
    And in the EU? May?

Which Year?

• rondericronderic Member Posts: 56
    Originally posted by Karteli
    What are the steps / requirements to get the client by the 22nd?  I'd like to play the OBT, but would rather not pre-order, since Trion might actually release this game still for US / EU ...

Details here: http://archeagesource.com/topic/2406-you-can-download-the-game-client-russian/

I suggest you use the chrome browser, then the russian will be automatically translated for you.

I dont think anybody is expecting Trion to open up a beta in the next couple of months, so this is a chance to get a taste of things to come.

Russians are usually a friendly lot, many speak english and there are plenty of europeans ready to play. You shouldnt have any problems. I didnt.

You can please some MMO-players all of the time and you can please all MMO-players some of the time but you can't please all MMO-players all of the time.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

Why do people rag on this game? Localization has been completed. They are now cleaning things up. We will probably be experiencing a NA launch within 5 months.

What else is there? ESO? WildStar? More "hold my hand" single-player sass? Waiting for EQN? Have fun doing that for another 3 years.

When an official AA date is announced, you people will be lining up in masses.

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554

Who cares anymore? This game missed its window, its going up against a murderers row of big name titles like EQ next, Landmark, ESO, Repop, Pathfinder etc etc...

Game will fail...they just took way too long getting it to NA/EU and even Russian market.

Sad I would have loved to play this game 2 years ago.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by Dauzqul

Why do people rag on this game? Localization has been completed. They are now cleaning things up. We will probably be experiencing a NA launch within 5 months.

What else is there? ESO? WildStar? More "hold my hand" single-player sass? Waiting for EQN? Have fun doing that for another 3 years.

Although, it's been said that 1.0 patch makes everything very themepark, more so than what it was. :/

• darkedone02darkedone02 Member UncommonPosts: 581
    Originally posted by ronderic

Details here: http://archeagesource.com/topic/2406-you-can-download-the-game-client-russian/

I suggest you use the chrome browser, then the russian will be automatically translated for you.

I dont think anybody is expecting Trion to open up a beta in the next couple of months, so this is a chance to get a taste of things to come.

Russians are usually a friendly lot, many speak english and there are plenty of europeans ready to play. You shouldnt have any problems. I didnt.

Try playing DOTA 2 and your mind will change quick about russians.

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    Nice, can't wait to try! Will be there any unofficial english language patch? My russian sux little bit. :)
  • Snakester95Snakester95 Member UncommonPosts: 47

Agreeing with someone else, yeah, the problem is that ArcheAge was originally and is still marketed as a "Sandpark" game. Originally the CEO of Xl Games behind the Korea version was doing a good job on it, he left, and now it's slowly becoming a themepark, a recent huge update has gotten people from the Korean version giving up on the game essentially since the PvP and sandbox elements are basically nil now. And the devs have given false promises on content.

Where there's a game, there's a player, I'm that player.

Originally posted by Snakester95

Agreeing with someone else, yeah, the problem is that ArcheAge was originally and is still marketed as a "Sandpark" game. Originally the CEO of Xl Games behind the Korea version was doing a good job on it, he left, and now it's slowly becoming a themepark, a recent huge update has gotten people from the Korean version giving up on the game essentially since the PvP and sandbox elements are basically nil now. And the devs have given false promises on content.

Slowly becoming =/= full themepark.  I think XLGames feels like they spent a good amount of $$ to make the quests, so they want people to experience them.  Questing is limited so it does create a nice backdrop for later sandbox roleplay stories (none of the nonsense about being from another planet, or time travelers, etc).

While the changes to promote questing were a bit disappointing, I can understand the PvP modification portions.

It was too easy to gank PVE'ers for their full rewards, with the smallest time investment possible.  The changes I'm thinking of that were implemented mean that someone doing their dailies / quests can at least get partial credit for essentially bringing goods to their killer, who would previously get full rewards for other players hard work (after they steal the package).

It might make sense to modify the % of rewards to the distance traveled before being ganked, but I suppose something is better than completely nothing.  The older system favored pirates.

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

'probably in 5 months'...

Maybe...or maybe not.

I think a good deal of people ARE waiting for ESO, Wildstar, Destiny, Camelot Unchained, and various billion other kickstarter games entering the market.  Archage had a chance to be big in NA market, but that was two years ago.  It's time has come and passed in my opinion.  

Originally posted by crysent

'probably in 5 months'...

Maybe...or maybe not.

I think a good deal of people ARE waiting for ESO, Wildstar, Destiny, Camelot Unchained, and various billion other kickstarter games entering the market.  Archage had a chance to be big in NA market, but that was two years ago.  It's time has come and passed in my opinion.  

The time delay isn't really enough for you to avoid the game completely, is it?  Once released, of course you'll try it.  Unless that is, you are saying you won't even download it, which would be gaming negligence .. =D

Many people in my circle have never heard of the game until this year.  2 years ago was an eon in the past.  This year is what will count for many gamers.  Just saying, not everyone was following this game, and after many disappointments (another big upcoming IP about to tank soon), it just may as well be a breath of fresh air.

Keep in mind that Trion's advertising hasn't started yet, so it's just a bunch of longtime vets (in the know) discussing it at this point, good and bad.

There really isn't much else on the horizon to look forward to with MMORPG's, IMO.  Take whatever away from that you can.

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    My excitement for this game ran out 6 months ago, a classic example of over-doing a Westernization and taking entirely too long to release the game in the Western market. As stated earlier what a poor business choice considering there are a lot of people who feel similiar (just see responses on every AA article on this site).

Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352

Slowly becoming =/= full themepark.  I think XLGames feels like they spent a good amount of $$ to make the quests, so they want people to experience them.  Questing is limited so it does create a nice backdrop for later sandbox roleplay stories (none of the nonsense about being from another planet, or time travelers, etc).

While the changes to promote questing were a bit disappointing, I can understand the PvP modification portions.

It was too easy to gank PVE'ers for their full rewards, with the smallest time investment possible.  The changes I'm thinking of that were implemented mean that someone doing their dailies / quests can at least get partial credit for essentially bringing goods to their killer, who would previously get full rewards for other players hard work (after they steal the package).

It might make sense to modify the % of rewards to the distance traveled before being ganked, but I suppose something is better than completely nothing.  The older system favored pirates.

The 60/40 thing is minor compared to various other devastating changes that came with 1.0. P2W labor pots on the cash shop, dailies everywhere replacing sandbox elements, and the closure of 70% of the game world due to everyone being encouraged to stay in their own continents are far far far worse.

Originally posted by steelwind

The 60/40 thing is minor compared to various other devastating changes that came with 1.0. P2W labor pots on the cash shop, dailies everywhere replacing sandbox elements, and the closure of 70% of the game world due to everyone being encouraged to stay in their own continents are far far far worse.

I was avoiding the P2W topic, since Trion has not given any word about how their cash shop will be implemented.  What you are criticizing is basically another localizations rendition of ArcheAge.

I do agree, however, that the Russian cash-shop by mail.ru is deplorable and disgraceful, since it sells power.  Until Trion (US / EU distributor) comments on this, I won't trash this game on those points .. neither should you for that matter, unless you live in Russia, and wish to have a beef with mail.ru.

As an observable point, Aion in the US was far better than the EU version, in regards to limitations and cash shops.  Don't count your chickens until they hatch.  The US / EU version could still be far superior .. and I believe Trion knows what Westerner sandboxy players want.

Moving on, if "everyone" stays in their homeworld, that to me indicates they would rather PVE than PVP.  XLGames went through some changes, and while I can't completely agree with them, I can at least understand them.  They want to stay in business, not go out of business.  Their customers get more satisfaction from PVE.

And ArcheAge is a triple A MMO, so there are costs to recoup.  XLGames needed to adjust.  They did.

I was avoiding the P2W topic, since Trion has not given any word about how their cash shop will be implemented.  What you are criticizing is basically another localizations rendition of ArcheAge.

I do agree, however, that the Russian cash-shop by mail.ru is deplorable and disgraceful, since it sells power.  Until Trion (US / EU distributor) comments on this, I won't trash this game on those points .. neither should you for that matter, unless you live in Russia, and wish to have a beef with mail.ru.

As an observable point, Aion in the US was far better than the EU version, in regards to limitations and cash shops.  Don't count your chickens until they hatch.  The US / EU version could still be far superior .. and I believe Trion knows what Westerner sandboxy players want.

Moving on, if "everyone" stays in their homeworld, that to me indicates they would rather PVE than PVP.  XLGames went through some changes, and while I can't completely agree with them, I can at least understand them.  They want to stay in business, not go out of business.  Their customers get more satisfaction from PVE.

And ArcheAge is a triple A MMO, so there are costs to recoup.  XLGames needed to adjust.  They did.

Yep same ol' story.

Problem is, the changes that 1.0 brought MUST be implemented to all regions including NA/EU unless they are stopped in KR (lets remove cash shop items from the argument because they are region specific). The rest is part of the core game and XL has already stated they will not support multiple versions of the same game.

Essentially what they did was make the game more themeparky to attract a wider audience while alienating the playerbase that came to the game because it was indeed different and I am not talking about the hardcore PvP elements but rather the "freedom" to play how you choose without being forced down set paths.

Also, players are staying in their own content not because they choose to but rather the reason for going into enemy territory (mainly trading for gold) was removed. So there really isn't a choice. Also note, that the other reasons for OW exploration such as treasure hunting, they increased labor costs so high after 1.0 that it is no longer worth the labor requirements and is no longer viable without severely impacting other activities.

Yep same ol' story.

Problem is, the changes that 1.0 brought MUST be implemented to all regions including NA/EU unless they are stopped in KR (lets remove cash shop items from the argument because they are region specific). The rest is part of the core game and XL has already stated they will not support multiple versions of the came game.

Essentially what they did was make the game more themeparky to attract a wider audience while alienating the playerbase that came to the game because it was indeed different and I am not talking about the hardcore PvP elements but rather the "freedom" to play how you choose without being force down set paths.

Also, players are staying in their own content not because they choose to but rather the reason for going into enemy territory (mainly trade) was removed. So there really isn't a choice. Also note, that the other reasons for OW exploration such as treasure hunting, they increased labor costs so high after 1.0 that it is no longer worth the labor requirements and is no longer viable without severely impacting other activities.

The argument with people staying on the continent pre-1.0 is speculative (sorry!).

ArcheAge has many PVE features built-in and it inherently values players who stay in their home world, versus those who would PVP on occasion.

Labor costs amount to a few changed variables.  Buying them in the cash-shop is one P2W element I agree should not have happened in Korea or Russia (not sure on China?).  But also one that can be modified by Trion.  I consider that localization as well.  All numbers can be changed, whether XP, rewards, stat bonus's, or costs to acquire anything in the game.

Let Trion spill out what they have in store for us, then decide.  It's all I'm suggesting.  I think they know what they are sitting on, so they won't crap it up with P2W.

Yep same ol' story.

Problem is, the changes that 1.0 brought MUST be implemented to all regions including NA/EU unless they are stopped in KR (lets remove cash shop items from the argument because they are region specific). The rest is part of the core game and XL has already stated they will not support multiple versions of the came game.

Essentially what they did was make the game more themeparky to attract a wider audience while alienating the playerbase that came to the game because it was indeed different and I am not talking about the hardcore PvP elements but rather the "freedom" to play how you choose without being force down set paths.

Also, players are staying in their own content not because they choose to but rather the reason for going into enemy territory (mainly trade) was removed. So there really isn't a choice. Also note, that the other reasons for OW exploration such as treasure hunting, they increased labor costs so high after 1.0 that it is no longer worth the labor requirements and is no longer viable without severely impacting other activities.

The argument with people staying on the continent pre-1.0 is speculative (sorry!).

Not sure what you mean by this..

Pre 1.0 players had the CHOICE to stay in their own continent for trading or increase their risk by venturing into enemy territory for increased rewards. Those who ventured into enemy territory were rewarded for doing so and the pvp encounters which ensued due to that is what made AA OWPvP so exciting and unique. Those whom were not interested in PvP, still had their safe options to suit their playstyles but those of us who are willing to take those risks are left with NO options.

I can guarantee nothing I state is based on any "speculation" whatsoever...

Yep same ol' story.

Pre 1.0 players had the CHOICE to stay in their own continent for trading or increase their risk by venturing into enemy territory for increased rewards. Those who ventured into enemy territory were rewarded for doing so and the pvp encounters which ensued due to that is what made AA OWPvP so exciting and unique. Those whom were not interested in PvP, still had their safe options to suit their playstyles but those of us who are willing to take those risks are left with NO options.

Quote:

You indicate that everyone was being encouraged to stay in their own continents.  Everyone is 100%, which is not the case.  Not even sure where you got 70% from .. might as well be 20% or 80%, or 53.7232% .. just a made up number.

The risk is still there, so players can still move about freely .. but it's no longer an all or nothing venture.  From a gankers standpoint I can see where you are coming from, but not everyone is playing the game to grief other players.

Gankers loved the old system because the rewards were high.  Now it's leveled out, so PVE'ers can become just as powerful as PVP'ers.  Gotta hate changes, right?  /rage! =D

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    The more I read about this game, the sadder I am. image

Yep same ol' story.

Quote:

You indicate that everyone was being encouraged to stay in their own continents.  Everyone is 100%, which is not the case.  Not even sure where you got 70% from .. might as well be 20% or 80%, or 53.7232% .. just a made up number.

The risk is still there, so players can still move about freely .. but it's no longer an all or nothing venture.  From a gankers standpoint I can see where you are coming from, but not everyone is playing the game to grief other players.

Gankers loved the old system because the rewards were high.  Now it's leveled out, so PVE'ers can become just as powerful as PVP'ers.  Gotta hate changes, right?  /rage! =D

Your right, 70% was an estimate but what is comes down to now, the game world to most now is mainly your own home continent. Trading in AA is one of the main activities many do with their time, it is also the best way to aquire gold. Granted most of my points revolve around trading so I am a bit biased but the truth of the matter is that I am not alone. In AA, trading is what you would do in place of thempark activities like questing or dailies or simple grinding. Trading is huge in AA it consumes most players. Ganking has NOTHING to do with any of this nor does the 60/40 change.

The reason I say 70% is because of incentives. While you can go to all the same areas, 1.0 severly impacted the reason for doing so. The only reason to go into enemy territories is for crafting materials as opposed to income. On top of that, since crafting in AA is heavily RNGed based many just don't have the fortitude for it. So what is left?

Open sea (North/south seas) - Pre 1.0 the seas were popin with trading, players taking goods everywhere. Without the incentive of trading to enemy territories, many stay away.

Liberty Island - Pre 1.0 Liberty Island was the hottest trade location (and most risky) in teh game. After 1.0, it's empty.

Northern Conts - Not only is the new zone a safe zone in the northern pvp cont, many don't ever build or spend any time there anymore since there is little incentive for doing so outside siege times. I will admit that the northern continents did need some tooling and incentive prior to 1.0 which was never addressed.

So what this leaves is your own home continent and with many incentives removed, players don't have a choice but stay there. The game world in AA is gigantic, and pre-1.0 most of it all had relevance. After, well... things feel smaller now.

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626

Quote:

[mod edit]. Risk vs Reward is what gives you that nervous feeling inside the pit of your stomach when running around in a dangerous area. Played WoW for years and never once had that feeling. Because there is no risk. It's just a slew of rewards being thrown at your face for any little thing you do. This game was supposed to have danger. People throw around the term ganking and griefing insinuating that every PvP'er is one of these. Stop being so ignorant. Griefing is constantly killing the same player over and over for fun when there is no actual reward. Ganking is a group of players attacking/killing a single player who has no backup. These were the original definitions. Now anyone who dies in a 1v1 fight was ganked or griefed. [mod edit]

I will also add, even given all the problems AA has atm and the negative changes 1.0 brought, even it's current state it is still in a whole other league vs. any MMO on the horizon. It just needs to be released here in it's purest state that Jake Song envisioned not a cash grab to widen the player base which will only make archeage more like it's competition instead of standing out as something TRULY different.

For many AA was or still is the game that will keep your attention measured in years not days or weeks like most of us are used to and that is what I and many others are fighting for.