Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hands on with three ESO dungeons.

Comments

• AndrewGoatAndrewGoat Member UncommonPosts: 160

Fun? I heard, according to the know it all media and forum goers, that this game can't be fun. I mean, look at all the unfun in that video. How far they have to run. Man, those horses are so expensive. They clearly also had to have all 4 people be Imperials for those boss fights. Man, what an unfun game. This game will tank being so unfun.

:)

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Good video even though the voice over guy is pretty boring.

Yeah I think Zenimax has one of the worst marketing teams I've seen. They have a good game on their hands, they're just terrible at showcasing it.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,960

Don't say it is fun, all the content locusts will want to join in. Remember its the sort of MMO you have to be prepared to spend some time in to get something out of it. If you play for more than ten hours you are going to get into it.

Keep using phrases like that or we will be overwhelmed by a plague of locusts.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

This looks good!    Lots of interesting mechanics.  Also nice that very few of these are 4 vs. boss fights, most have adds and lots of other stuff happening.

I was concerned with groupsize being so small in ESO, but this looks pretty good. 

Also nice that you can immediately do other alliances' dungeons as you level.     

Good stuff!

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Maybe I'm confused...

All of these "Synergies" are just a method to maintain cookie cutter builds?  So if I don't do certain questlines to unlock certain abilities my ability to play will be gimped?

That's sure what it seems like. 

• WereLlamaWereLlama Member UncommonPosts: 246

Anyone know if  6 people can do stuff?

We have been playing as a group since EQ days ... and would like to remain a group.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by Ikeda

Maybe I'm confused...

All of these "Synergies" are just a method to maintain cookie cutter builds?  So if I don't do certain questlines to unlock certain abilities my ability to play will be gimped?

No. If a person has an ability that can be synergized, anyone in the group can assist with said synergy without needing a particular skill set. Basically it is just a short window of opportunity for an assist mechanic.

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Originally posted by Ikeda

Maybe I'm confused...

synergies are just free skills/effects you can trigger from a friendly aoe - just like in GW2, only less intuitive and more controllable. but i might have misunderstood you as it has nothing to do with builds.

edit: really great video there!

Originally posted by WereLlama

Anyone know if  6 people can do stuff?

We have been playing as a group since EQ days ... and would like to remain a group.

Dungeons are 4 man always.

Some adventure zones have 24 man content.

• paul43paul43 Member UncommonPosts: 198

The dungeons look good, it's good that you have to learn dungeon mechanics from day one, so that the learning curve dosen't get too high at max level. OR that people who are used to just tag along are annoyed that the dungeons suddenly requires you to be involved.

Have you guys read anything about a dungeon finder? I prefer dungeon finders myself, since I then can go do other stuff and not have to look at chat etc. 

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    It looked fun, but no one seemed to ever be in much danger of dying in the entire video.  The only one that seemed to lose much health was the tank.
    Originally posted by paul43

The dungeons look good, it's good that you have to learn dungeon mechanics from day one, so that the learning curve dosen't get too high at max level. OR that people who are used to just tag along are annoyed that the dungeons suddenly requires you to be involved.

Have you guys read anything about a dungeon finder? I prefer dungeon finders myself, since I then can go do other stuff and not have to look at chat etc. 

I'm not 100% sure about anything with dungeons. Having said that... I think there is a group finder, but I don't know any specifics about it. Hopefully it does not babysit you and hold your hand to the point of auto grouping you like WoW does.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by Flyte27
    It looked fun, but no one seemed to ever be in much danger of dying in the entire video.  The only one that seemed to lose much health was the tank.

I also thought this.   And all the fights seem to go super-fast too.

But one of the comments to the video said that these guys were just that good, that in reality it's quite hard content.  I'm hoping that's the case.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

Originally posted by Flyte27

Which seems about right for a dungeon that is under level 15 in a game with a level cap of 50.

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476
    for beginner dungeons, they actually are quite "hard" - the guys in the vid (ER-guild) do play rather good.
  • BBPD766BBPD766 Member UncommonPosts: 98

It looks fun? (raised eyebrow) While that is subjective, I see nothing innovative, challenging, or unique about a dungeon that is scripted like every other dungeon that has come before it that would make this fun; with mobs providing no deviation whether it's your first trip or 1,000th trip into it. This blueprint of entering a dungeon where the trash / boss mobs are in the exact same place they were before and do the exact same thing they did the last time to fend you off offers nothing that we haven't already played or seen for the past 10+ years in MMORPG's.

...If your idea of fun is described as: "Pls provide me with no challenge and allow me (and everyone else) to run "X" dungeon for the bazillionth time until I can do it with my eyes closed so I can collect all of  the exact same loot that can possibly be gotten from inside of it, and torture me for the next 6 months to a year with this very same dungeon until the next patch is released so I can enjoy the next dungeon (and every dungeon thereafter) in the exact same fashion...." .....then yes, I suppose this is fun.

• flguy147flguy147 Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Those guys will be better than 95% of the player base as in skill.  Its the guild that started Tamriel Foundry.  You dont put that much effort into a fan website unless you are a very hardcore player.
  • DrDwarfDrDwarf Member Posts: 475

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IpLlAdf7ZQ

In Ops video first boss.. took them less than a minute to kill it   ....

Wow what a challenge !  

Second Boss..

wow look at those health bars .. no one gets close to dying ...

Third Boss

Piece of piss

Final boss.

wow that was real tough too.

Originally posted by BBPD766

It looks fun? (raised eyebrow) While that is subjective, I see nothing innovative, challenging, or unique about a dungeon that is scripted like every other dungeon that has come before it that would make this fun; with mobs providing no deviation whether it's your first trip or 1,000th trip into it. This blueprint of entering a dungeon where the trash / boss mobs are in the exact same place they were before and do the exact same thing they did the last time to fend you off offers nothing that we haven't already played or seen for the past 10+ years in MMORPG's.

...If your idea of fun is described as: "Pls provide me with no challenge and allow me (and everyone else) to run "X" dungeon for the bazillionth time until I can do it with my eyes closed so I can collect all of  the exact same loot that can possibly be gotten from inside of it, and torture me for the next 6 months to a year with this very same dungeon until the next patch is released so I can enjoy the next dungeon (and every dungeon thereafter) in the exact same fashion...." .....then yes, I suppose this is fun.

The only thing I can think of with randomized content is the Diablo series, which we can all still do with our eyes closed.

What is your solution for dungeons? Be careful how you answer that, least ye be judged for a concept that is impossible to implement.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It looks like they're having too easy of a time, but that can be deceptive as they might be a little higher level than the dungeon, or simply skilled. Does anyone know if the dungeon is a place you can explore or is it just a linear one-way street on rails etc. and other assorted negative words for only having one way to go?

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    Has anyone been successful with making randomly generated content in a 3D game?  Blizzard tried with Diablo 3, but it really isn't random.  Not like it was in D1 and D2.  It's a lot easier to make randomly generated content on a 2D map then on a 3D map.
    Originally posted by DrDwarf

Wow what a challenge !  

Second Boss..

Third Boss

Piece of piss

Final boss.

Lets go ahead and make the obvious comparisons here.

How many times did you die in Deadmines (WoW)

How many times did you die in Realm of the Fae (RIFT)

How many times did you die in The Black Talon (SWTOR)

Those are similar dungeons. Low level dungeons, designed for players that are grouping for the FIRST TIME in a new game.

Now lets take it a step further and use our brain cells. How many "cuts" does that video have in it. Do you think that was their first trip through said dungeon?

• DrDwarfDrDwarf Member Posts: 475
    Originally posted by Jyiiga
    Originally posted by DrDwarf

Wow what a challenge !  

Second Boss..

Third Boss

Piece of piss

Final boss.

Lets go ahead and make the obvious comparisons here.

How many times did you die in Deadmines (WoW)

How many times did you die in Realm of the Fae (RIFT)

How many times did you die in The Black Talon (SWTOR)

Those are similar dungeons. Low level dungeons, designed for players that are grouping for the FIRST TIME in a new game.

Now lets take it a step further and use our brain cells. How many "cuts" does that video have in it. Do you think that was their first trip through said dungeon?

Players died all the time in Deadmines in vanilla wow.  Several times per run.

Realm of the Fae some did .. becasue of monkee specs .. hybrids they thought were cool

cant rember black talon .. i remember people dying in some early instance runs though (mainly from bugs mind)

you cant have it both ways..

First time group players in mmorpgs and high expectations for a set of must have features like group finder and quick travel and spammable no cool down spells and cc and all sorts of other stuff they implement in theme park mmos these days that make the gameplay a joke and require little skill or attention to detail.

The last boss in this vid looks a little more dangerous for this group.   

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659
    Looks like fun!

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist