Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rust: Over a Million Alpha Sales Racked Up

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Facepunch Studios has announced that alpha sales of Rust have far exceeded expectations, with over a million fans purchasing the survival RPG since sales started in mid-December. As of now, there are no plans to change the pricing structure with more big numbers yet to come as a result.

Garry Newman posted this late yesterday afternoon to confirm the sales number:

Guess what just happened to Rust :0 https://t.co/k5sXk4f8k5

— Garry Newman (@garrynewman) February 10, 2014

Find out more about Rust on the game's Steam page.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

Is this game first person view only ?

Chamber of Chains
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Yes

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Definitely my favorite game of the year so far. Bought it early January and have 300 hours played lol
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

Ahh okay thanks

Chamber of Chains
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

One of the best early access games I have played so far.

Its great fun and cant wait to see it develop even more :)

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by cheyane

Is this game first person view only ?

yupp, the sole reason why i didnt buy it. Everything else looks great.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Love to see an indie game do this well. Rust is gonna take the world by storm, much the same way as Minecraft did.
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854

DayZ is great but this game has more risk, I learned the hard way wooden doors and no spike walls is a bad way to log out.

• sidfusidfu Member Posts: 170
    dont forget to mention that the game is full of hackers. and the there not but 1 of the server type for pve that more people want than pvp.
  • Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    This is one of the only games I play every day!

No signature, I don't have a pen

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

seriously man, why cant Blizzard or Arena net come up with something this simple and fun? i love the fact that there are indy companies makings such games, but they just don't have what it takes to police them. They are innovative, fun, exciting until inevitably hackers come in and ruin all the fun for everyone. 

it's why i stopped playing MO, it's why i stopped playing Dayz (the mod), and it's why i haven't bought Rust yet. As far as pvp is concerned hacking and cheating is the biggest turn off. 

• OriginOfWavesOriginOfWaves Member UncommonPosts: 74

this is actually bad news. thanks to this we will get thousands of money grabbing people releasing half finished games (if they can even be called that) on early access who won't even try to finish their games and just grab as much as they can during the alpha. sad but true. don't mean to rip on the rust guys, i think that they are doing it right but i just now that their success will invite these vultures.

Jimquizition and Totalbiscuit have some great videos on the issue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyGbbIB5eaM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-9YbJEpy_Y

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Posters have to be masochists to like this game.  There are so many cheaters it just is not fun in any way shape or form.  Yeah, I know they banned some accounts, but that was just the tip of the iceberg.  

If this is an example of an indie that cannot control it's players then I want no part of this.  This is exactly why I stay with larger developers, you don't have to contend with cheaters all the time.

Shame too as it is a good game,  but there really is no point to trying to play it pve.