Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Review] Archeblade: It Sounded Good on Paper

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

MOBA games have shown in the past to be evolving creatures. Any idea can be a good idea with the MOBA genre, it seems. Even with the market becoming inundated with titles, it will all eventually stabilize and the best ideas will prosper and evolve. Archeblade attempts to introduce a new concept, an arena where players are the deciding factor. Throwing in a third-person view and flashy visuals and the whole product sounds pretty good… on paper.

Read more of Tyler Rowe's Archeblade: It Sounded Good on Paper.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629

It's sitting and collecting dust bytes on my computer- sadly the game needs a-lot of work to keep my interest in playing. I don't think this will be going anywhere soon, and will end up being melted down by the end of 2014 (on life-support). The characters are well designed, and the abilities (Particle Effects) are really awesome. Other than that it just doesn't keep my interest. Hence the reason why its sitting on my drive, waiting to be deleted. (Iv kept it throughout 2013, in hopes of it being updated and things fixed./Major improvement gameplay and connectivity wise. (Disappointment so far)

They launched a Indiegogo campaign asking for more money and only fulfilled about 17% of it, and since then still very few content updates released. UI is horrible too and needs to rid itself of its arcade-e artwork, although now I'm just nitpicking. The developers seem very cool though, hope they find success with the assets already created in the future. Very fair review, and I agree with the score. Wish them the best.

• bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    :/ u guys have written nice reviews about much crappier games, just saying

• I find it hilarious that this reviewer have time to went after an underfunded moba game from a studio that is pretty much indie. Sure the game doesn't stand up to a bigger game like smite that you are clearly recommending as a better alternative, but it sure doesn't deserve something like a 4.4. 

As for my opinion, the game was entertaining and had a unique MOBA style. I didn't have to pay and I could enjoy all the champions with weekly rotation. I even bought some skins and champ packs to support the dev. I don't play this anymore but I had great moments with friends and I will always have the option to play this again AND host my own server because the dev was great enough to provide players with the tool. I mean these guys didn't even achieve their kickstarter goal and yet they still does a great job at offering something nice for TPS/MOBA/fighter fans.

Lastly, I don't usually comment on reviews on this site but this just confirmed how laughable the review approach on this site is.

• EpiconEpicon Member Posts: 121

Must not have sounded good on paper either. Because I have never heard or read about it.

I follow MMO news pretty closely too.

"What tastes like purple?"

• TorrmwyreTorrmwyre Member UncommonPosts: 66

Originally posted by Chii-Nii

It's sitting and collecting dust bytes on my computer- sadly the game needs a-lot of work to keep my interest in playing. I don't think this will be going anywhere soon, and will end up being melted down by the end of 2014 (on life-support). The characters are well designed, and the abilities (Particle Effects) are really awesome. Other than that it just doesn't keep my interest. Hence the reason why its sitting on my drive, waiting to be deleted. (Iv kept it throughout 2013, in hopes of it being updated and things fixed./Major improvement gameplay and connectivity wise. (Disappointment so far)

They launched a Indiegogo campaign asking for more money and only fulfilled about 17% of it, and since then still very few content updates released. UI is horrible too and needs to rid itself of its arcade-e artwork, although now I'm just nitpicking. The developers seem very cool though, hope they find success with the assets already created in the future. Very fair review, and I agree with the score. Wish them the best.

The staff was actually quite helpful! I had an issue getting the game to work with Steam at first, and they managed to find out that it was my antivirus. They were friendly throughout, and I can see what they're trying to do with the game, but they just haven't managed to grasp it yet.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    I actually thought this game was a blast to play... Not for long periods of times but 2 hours a day it's pretty fun.

Smile