Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: New PvP Stat Incoming with Next Patch

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Neverwinter blog has been updated with the news that a brand new patch will feature some changes to PvP, most notably a new stat called "Tenacity". Tenacity, according to Cryptic, will be a crucial stat that is attached to PvP gear and will assist players with effects caused by players including control powers, like stuns and knock backs, critical hits, and damage.

If you are an avid PvP player, you’ll likely want to stack up Tenacity on your equipment to reduce damage from players who tend to be more offensively-focused. Tenacity will also reduce control effects on your character. Don’t forget that Artifacts and base attributes like Strength, Charisma, etc., will also increase your Control Resist.

Tenacity is not the only thing that will be changing how certain control effects work. Prone is being changed at its core and will now be affected by Control Resist, in addition to being much shorter against players at the base level.

Read more on the Neverwinter site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519

Oh good. Now they're only 7 years behind WoW. 

/applause. 

• roger82roger82 Member UncommonPosts: 23
    So which item will I need to buy from the store in order to create the items with the highest tenacity in order to have any chance to stay competitive in PvP?
  • akkedis86akkedis86 Member UncommonPosts: 123
    A mechanism for balance in PVP, or another poor excuse to grind even more for different gear?
  • RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451
    No need to grind, just break out your wallet.  Or use one of the many still unpatched exploits.   Heck, why not do both?!
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    I do not play NW why is this new PvP stat needed?
  • sumo0sumo0 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    The one thing that this game have going for it is that it's badass at being bad.
    This is another game that should never have been made.. f2p tsk.
  • EpiconEpicon Member Posts: 121

I still kick my own ass, for buying the Hero of the North pack, for 199.99. I consider it my worst game purchase ever. Like as bad if I invested in Enron. I was just really bored of every MMO, I was playing at the time. Neverwinter was coming out and metaphorically, I was alone in a vast desert and I needed water. Well a camel pissed in front of me, and I was so excited I thought it was a Oasis. That's how I feel about the game, except if the Camel piss story was real, that may have left a better taste in my mouth.

My friend is a hardcore D&D fan and loves the game to death, I wish I could have what she was smoking.

I love ESO, but if that fails horrible (I don't think it will, think it will do good), the Imperial Edition preorder, will seem like a hell of a deal.

I still log into Neverwinter once in a great awhile, just to see if I can stomach the game (played for maybe two weeks), and I uninstall after about 30 minutes.

Doesn't help I made the switch from Nvidia to AMD, and it made the game look exactly how it plays, like shit.

"What tastes like purple?"

• mohit9206mohit9206 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Too much unnecessary hate for this game.It actually one of the better f2p mmo out there.You don't NEED anything from the cash shop to progress.
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by mohit9206
    Too much unnecessary hate for this game.It actually one of the better f2p mmo out there.You don't NEED anything from the cash shop to progress.

While I do agree with the statement of it being one of the better free to play titles quality wise , the statement of not needing anything is kinda ridiculous. You need runes to progress that requires lots of astral diamonds to buy wands, since praying doesnt work anymore hardly for the once a week deal. Not to mention they have added relic slots now 3 of them which also require a butt ton of astral diamonds to upgrade from white to green to blue to purple to orange etc and potentially costs you millions of astral diamonds. You can only refine 28k a day and even if you cap you are looking at months and months of work just to upgrade your runes and relics. Not to mention you will have limited bag space unless you bust out 400k AD or 10 bucks for a 24 slot bag. Mount to slow upgrade it for 300k or 8 bucks. Need your companion to give you larger stat bonuses thats another 300k then 750k . The list goes on and on and on. 

This game has probably the worst free to play cash shop in the history of western made mmorpgs and the company behind the studio perfect world has zero intention of lowering costs and doesnt care if you play or leave like the rest of their game titles they own.

• KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794
    Originally posted by cronius77

While I do agree with the statement of it being one of the better free to play titles quality wise , the statement of not needing anything is kinda ridiculous. You need runes to progress that requires lots of astral diamonds to buy wands, since praying doesnt work anymore hardly for the once a week deal. Not to mention they have added relic slots now 3 of them which also require a butt ton of astral diamonds to upgrade from white to green to blue to purple to orange etc and potentially costs you millions of astral diamonds. You can only refine 28k a day and even if you cap you are looking at months and months of work just to upgrade your runes and relics. Not to mention you will have limited bag space unless you bust out 400k AD or 10 bucks for a 24 slot bag. Mount to slow upgrade it for 300k or 8 bucks. Need your companion to give you larger stat bonuses thats another 300k then 750k . The list goes on and on and on. 

This game has probably the worst free to play cash shop in the history of western made mmorpgs and the company behind the studio perfect world has zero intention of lowering costs and doesnt care if you play or leave like the rest of their game titles they own.

Not true. You can get any Items shop item in game for astral diamonds that you can get in game by running dungeons and selling items on auction house. Actually if you ask me its actually stupid to spend any money on it as the ZEN to AD conversion atm is way to favorable for the in game currency.

I have 5 Characters reasonably endgame geared and 1 with best gear in the game perfect enchantments, 5 best purple companions and artifacts almost at legendary.

And i NEVER spend anything on auction house. Would be nice if people that didint really get to the endgame keep their mouth shut.

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Right, you only need 1,000,000 hours played to grind enough to be competitive.  As with any PW game, it is possible if you have no life and can somehow manage to play 24/7 you can avoid the item shop.

• zahliazahlia Member Posts: 9
    People, the game is free and you can play to level 60 (the highest) without spending any money and still have a competitive edge. Why all the hate?
  • BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 321

Neverwinter is one of the best Free to Play games out there. It's free to play with an option to purchase things like most F2p games. Some people's comments make me laugh hard.. the devs need to make money some how.. like 99% of f2p games if you want to be at the top you will most likely want to spend some cash, especially in PVP. Most people know this, feel free to test tons of F2p games and see how much this post applies to them.. if you know what you are going to get before you install the game then why whine about it? Just to whine?  You can get almost everything in the game without spending cash.. ya it will take some work to get some of it but what are you expecting? And you can still be competitive without spending cash too.. and that's a fact. 

And just for everyone's knowledge..  I have end game gear and competitive in both PVE and PVP and I haven't spent a dime and I'm a casual player.

• BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 321
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

Right, you only need 1,000,000 hours played to grind enough to be competitive.  As with any PW game, it is possible if you have no life and can somehow manage to play 24/7 you can avoid the item shop.

LOL This game isn't like most Perfect World games, if you played it you would know that. It's not PWI it's Neverwinter.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by Chaoticwake
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

LOL This game isn't like most Perfect World games, if you played it you would know that. It's not PWI it's Neverwinter.

of course I have played it, and it is pay-to-win all the way.  A very typical PW game.  The monetization is exactly the same for all their games, horrible.

Yes you can play to 60 for free, but you most certainly won't be competitive any way.