Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Treasure maps video - they are like in Red Dead Redemption

Comments

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by Katilla
    lol people actually watched the entire video?

Yes some of us do not have ADHD. I've watched other reviews that were just as long.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Fenia

yes we did?

And so should you, if you want to get a good idea about what the game actually promisses to deliver

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• MpfiveMpfive Member UncommonPosts: 308
    I enjoyed this kind of thing in AC Black flag:)
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Volgore

I liked the maps in Skyrim, but often i run into the chests without any map.

It would be cool if one could hide his own stashes anywhere and draw a map to, then leave the map somewhere for others to find.

You had to look at the treasure maps in Skyrim for the chest to reveal. Noticed it on a second play through.

Like how they included it in ESO.

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    best part game is find treasures. locked chests, big bag (ppl in beta dint notice them, had some epic craft materials:P)
  • gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    The treasure maps are really inproving the whole exploration. Really like that.

And i have to say, that his preview is actually really well done. He talks about the good and bad stuff very honestly and quite objective. He also tries to see some points from multiple angles. Thats something i missed in other previews.

Hodor!

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

yes we did?

And so should you, if you want to get a good idea about what the game actually promisses to deliver

If you purchase the CE. 

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    If you want a review to take to the bank and judge the game by, this is it. Have seen a number of them and this one is the best.
    Isaiah 41:10
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

People should watch many reviews - this included. Compare them and gain insight.

At the end of the day though there is no fundamental difference between this review and e.g. Angry Joe's. The style is different - but that is what you need to look beyond. (There are some difference so watch several).

Now when I say fundamentally the same as AJ's:

• you see graphics - in both - and should make up your own mind; the ones in this review are from a different area to AJ's - which he comments on. (Could be a worry if everyone picks the same area.)
    • he show character creation screen - and talks about how you can ignore the limitations if you are an Imperial.
    • he says there is no Collision detection - he accepts it and understands why but - the fact - thee is no CD; doesn't matter to some does to others
    • he thinks mob combat is lacking - he means mob AI;
    • he liked the combat trees etc. - and old DAoC folk will have seen that in AJ's review;
    • he was disappointed that there was no real reason to group;
    • he liked the "lack" of obvious stats but felt most mmo players wouldn't;
    • like AJ he seemed to like the minimalist / intuitive feel of the UI
    • and so on

And his final conclusion is also aligned with AJ: he couldn't see himself paying a sub for the game. Buying it and playing for a month but unlikely to go beyond.

DDO springs to mind as I type - another game that was ripe for B2P + DLC. It stuck with its model; talked about all the new content it would deliver and ..... yeah. It isn't looking good.
  • KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

yes we did?

i already know what it "promises to deliver"  I don't need some dude rambling about it over and over in my ear for 30 minutes and calling it a "review" to tell me.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Thats the same way assassins creed black flag does treasure hunting.
  • IneveraskforthisIneveraskforthis Member Posts: 374
    Anyone has found a more critical and intelligent review like this video?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    yeah Assassins Creed 4 has the same treasure map system, its a nice touch.

• iNeokiiNeoki Member UncommonPosts: 353

I rarely applaud "Media" or YouTube personalities, but this dude hit the nail on the head with pretty much everything. I Watched the whole video through, perfect review and great use of intellect and common sense.

TwitchTV: iNeoki

• MrG8MrG8 Member UncommonPosts: 111

The only good thing that came out of that review was he saying that ESO will not be a game for the so called "power gamer".

And I just realized that's exactly what I don't want in a MMO, dont you agree?

So lets hope he's right.. lets hope there will be no so called "power levelers" in ESO, so that we can make it a game that you play just simply because you enjoy every part of it.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by NeokiNaomi

I rarely applaud "Media" or YouTube personalities, but this dude hit the nail on the head with pretty much everything. I Watched the whole video through, perfect review and great use of intellect and common sense.

^

This.

• Ryoshi1Ryoshi1 Member Posts: 139
    I don't think you really powerlevel in a game like ESO, zerg quests maybe. A debuff indicator would be nice, damage meters and Numbars.. not so much :D
  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    I actually didn't know about treasure maps. Happy to see them in game :-).

There Is Always Hope!

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    Originally posted by MrG8

The only good thing that came out of that review was he saying that ESO will not be a game for the so called "power gamer".

So lets hope he's right.. lets hope there will be no so called "power levelers" in ESO, so that we can make it a game that you play just simply because you enjoy every part of it.

Oh but unfortunately, they will come.

You see, people buy EVERY game that comes out, without knowing anything about it, then they start complaining: we need a mini map, we need 20 hotbars, we need name plates and hey, why the F isn't this exactly like game X?? "

Then the devs (eh, a.net?) bend over and start getting away from their original vision.

Result?two months laters they leave as usual because now the game is 'a clone of game x' and so do all the people who liked the original idea.  It's always the same. 

• HulluckHulluck Member UncommonPosts: 839

No. I clicked it to see him go over a game play feature.  The map system looked neat but as soon as he started rambling after a minute or two in and off topic, unrelated to what I expected to watch, I stopped.

I will probably never touch the game. Not because I don't like it or whatever. I'm always a late adopter if at all. Still curious though about game features. If anything just to see what they are doing. I clicked it to see said feature gone over thoroughly.  Not to see stupid ramble 193,792,908,123,213.

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500

nice review

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Originally posted by muthax

You see, people buy EVERY game that comes out, without knowing anything about it, then they start complaining: we need a mini map, we need 20 hotbars, we need name plates and hey, why the F isn't this exactly like game X?? "

Then the devs (eh, a.net?) bend over and start getting away from their original vision.

Result?two months laters they leave as usual because now the game is 'a clone of game x' and so do all the people who liked the original idea.  It's always the same. 

His definition of power gamers though was "just about everyone who plays mmos" - people who play to progress their stats/level/iLvl/AA/realm rank whatever. He wasn't talking about "power levellers".

Is he right?  Not sure but there is a part of me that suspects he probably is.

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    Originally posted by gervaise1
    Originally posted by muthax

His definition of power gamers though was "just about everyone who plays mmos" - people who play to progress their stats/level/iLvl/AA/realm rank whatever. He wasn't talking about "power levellers".

Is he right?  Not sure but there is a part of me that suspects he probably is.

When I hear 'power gamer' I automatically assume 'locusts' and people who don't play games for fun but to min/max, reach 'endgame' in about 3 days and then whine. I really hope TESO starts 'smallish' and goes growing instead of the usual process.

Ah, and treasure maps were already in Skyrim

• Bluefear77Bluefear77 Member UncommonPosts: 112

The best review I've seen yet ( and I've watched half a dozen).

i don't think there has ever been a game I've so been on the fence about playing. But this review convinced me to not purchase the game unless some things are changed. 

-Phasing seems horrible. Certain areas, like a secluded cave, should have solo/group phasing. I don't want to be running around  the secluded cave with tons of other players around. I don't think all areas should have this type of phasing but some need to.

-Questing as a group needs to changed so it is encouraged, not so it is difficult.

-Collision. Just because it is a MMO doesn't mean it can't have collision.

I'm curious to learn if there is weather. It appears to have day/night cycles which is a must, but so is weather. 

But an interesting/insightful review which raised many viable points.