Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] General: The Most Wanted RPGs of 2014

Comments

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Pillars is the one i've been watching. Finally some good singleplayer rpg's to look foward too.
  • BoraellBoraell Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Alot of very good games there, especially Pillars, Witcher 3 and Torment (with quests/story written by Patrick Rothfuss!!). Lets hold off on the zombie/alien apocalypse until mid 2015!
  • Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401

Dragon Age 3... Can't wait!!!! :)

• reddog000reddog000 Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Originally posted by Storm_Cloud

Dragon Age 3... Can't wait!!!! :)

Yeah this is one that I want to do well.

-------------------------------------------
    Control is an illusion!

• mase1771mase1771 Member UncommonPosts: 22
    I wanna hear more about Cyberpunk 2077! CDProjekt needs to hurry up lol!
  • DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

Where is Grimoire at? 18+ years in the making, the developer is a neanderthal superman and it is a true throwback CRPG.

I can only imagine if you guys did an interview.

Also the game is supposed to come out May 31st 2014 but lets just say the developer isn't the best at keeping his own deadlines lol.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

From that list i only need The Witcher 3, Dark Souls 2, Dragon Age, and Mass Effect.

With that said, Witcher and Dark Souls are my 2 pillars here.

• Jerek_Jerek_ Member Posts: 409
    I hope you are right about DA and ME.  I'm going to celebrate those releases by spending whatever they charge for the box and day 1 dlc  on one of these other games on the list instead.  Not going to even do any research, just going to pick some and buy them like I would have with a Bioware game a few years ago.  Maybe I'll find a great game I wouldn't have played otherwise, but i'll definitely save myself some frustration.

• bill4747bill4747 Member Posts: 202

Dragon age 3, Pillars of Eternity, and Torment are the three I am excited over.

Add Witcher 3 to the list of games I want IF witcher 3 is a bit less spastic dodge roll every second in combat.

Ultimately I would probably try all of these.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

Instead of a top ten you should just do a all the RPGS we're excited for!!! Top ten clearly didn't cover all the great looking games coming next year.

I don't see myself playing mmos much next year.

• 43%burnt43%burnt Member UncommonPosts: 162

Witcher 3 definitly, too bad mantle is most likely out of the question with it being in the nvidia program.

Interested in ME4 and DA3, but only because I am curious if they get back on track with either. Doubt I will buy them, tho, their DRM is puppyfucking retarded.

• ReehayReehay Member Posts: 172

DARK SOULS 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

DARK SOULS 2 !!!!!!!!

omfg ive never been so excited for a game. a truely punishing, heart pounding, white knuckle, mouse destroying, RAAAAAR!!!! RPG.

Witcher 3 looks awesome too.

• BatCakezBatCakez Member Posts: 127

I must have missed the memo. Since when are any of these games MMORPGS? 

Either the name of this site is misleading, or your article is.

• GungaDinGungaDin Member UncommonPosts: 514
    Wasteland 2.
  • zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

Dark Souls 2?  Sure, but the multiplatform stuff makes me dubious for the usual reasons..

Deep down?  Absolutely, with a lot of expectations.

Beyond that?  Not much, especially after having seen what the "Next big mmorpg" titles have to offer with Elder Scrolls Oblivion Expansion Online...erhm ESO and Guild Wars 2.5...erhm Wildstar have to offer..

Not much faith EQ Next will be released in 2014 atm.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

I dont know how you did not add this...The Division

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_j9uKBmUEk

• funyahnsfunyahns Member Posts: 315
    Wait you have a list about most wanted RPG's and didn't mention SouthParks?  That is probably going to be better than almost all of the rest of the games on the list. Made by Obsidian, and it has the makers of the show doing the voice work and helping with the story.
  • MatryoshkaMatryoshka Member UncommonPosts: 98

After the mess that was Dragon Age 2 I have no hope or excitement for any new Dragon Age game.

Originally posted by Matryoshka

After the mess that was Dragon Age 2 I have no hope or excitement for any new Dragon Age game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAAEUFjq2K4&hd=1

its going to be a lot bigger than both previous games

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo

It's also going to be made by EA.....

Originally posted by DamonVile

I got no problem with that, I loved the games that I played from them, like Battlefield 4, Mirrors Edge, Dead Space, Mass Effect, Crysis 3, Syndicate.

• MangonisiumMangonisium Member UncommonPosts: 23

Correction: Published by EA, but made by Bioware. Bioware isn't bad at making games. EA is just restrictive on developers, or so it's said.

• funyahnsfunyahns Member Posts: 315
    Originally posted by Mangonisium

Correction: Published by EA, but made by Bioware. Bioware isn't bad at making games. EA is just restrictive on developers, or so it's said.

Bioware is just a "Brand" now. They may be able to pull something off but after Dragon Age 2 I feel like they are after a different gamer type than me.  We will see soon enough though

• leoo88556leoo88556 Member Posts: 135
    Personally I think Divinity: Original Sin, despite its arguably weird name, should be on this list. If anyone is interested in classic top-down cRPGs with rich story elements like Project Eternity, you should definitely check it out. It's currently in alpha and there's no NDA. :)
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455
    I just hope Dark Souls 2 isn't another shoddy console port that's saddled with that God awful Games for Windows crap.  And no, I won't be playing it on a console.  I'm part of the PC master race.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.