Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: Stress Test Invites Sent

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

According to a post on our forums, stress test invites have been sent out to lucky WildStar fans to help stress test the servers. According to the information users have posted, the stress event will take place from the 14th-16th of February. The test will run 24/7 as well and will give many players their first look at WildStar.

Check your inboxes and then head to the forum link above to participate in the conversation!

Good luck!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

I'm watching a stream right now and although i really looked out for the game, i'm not sure if in the long run i can stand their obvious approach of mixing WoW with SWTOR with Torchlight visually.

Many textures look like they are literally copied 1:1.

• epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    can't wait to give it a go this weekend.  after multiple ESO tests i'm ready for something else to compare/contrast
  • darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Originally posted by Vivasvan
    Seriously this WoW cartoon clone is just not a world I want to play in.

If it had game of thrones medieval look then this - with the 40 man raids it will have could have been the best MMO out since wow.

As it is, regardless of the gameplay, it's just hot a world of fantasy I want to play in. Cartoon childrens tv sci fi / futurama is not something I would play in.

Developers should realise that the world they create also pulls a certain crowd and moves a certain crowd away. EQnext will realise his too.

Oh well

I hate WOW myself in general but I really could not give a rats ass how Wildstar  looks cartoon or not as long as it plays well and offers something different to me graphics don't really matter,my all time favourite game is Chaos on the Speccy and that had user defined graphics but fabulous game play but to each their own i guess.

p>
  • WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500

If it had game of thrones medieval look then this - with the 40 man raids it will have could have been the best MMO out since wow.

As it is, regardless of the gameplay, it's just hot a world of fantasy I want to play in. Cartoon childrens tv sci fi / futurama is not something I would play in.

Developers should realise that the world they create also pulls a certain crowd and moves a certain crowd away. EQnext will realise his too.

Oh well

Your oppinion :) I am looking forward to Wildstar .. and stop already with wow clone comments, same old same old .. turd

• HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Originally posted by SBFord

According to a post on our forums, stress test invites have been sent out to lucky WildStar fans to help stress test the servers. According to the information users have posted, the stress event will take place from the 14th-16th of February. The test will run 24/7 as well and will give many players their first look at WildStar.

Check your inboxes and then head to the forum link above to participate in the conversation!

Good luck!

they must not like me lol

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    I have applied with 2 different emails since day 1 of sign ups and still have not gotten in to try this game :((
  • RinnaRinna Member UncommonPosts: 389
    The fact that they haven't sent keys to people who have been heavy duty fans for 5 years but they send them to random people that know nothing about the game just burns my ass. Put up or shut up. /spiteful

No bitchers.

• syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    got mine, and looking forward to this.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    already installed and waiting for friday. The only thing i dont like about it is the subscription but when i play it this weekend i will see if it is worth the sub at least for 1 month on and off like i do with wow. Everything else looks great.

• darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383

Oh well

Hm im inclined to disagree  100% just because its cartoon y doesn't mean its bad. Actually this is a fresher take on MMO's then we have seen in a very long time and honestly game of thrones style has been beaten to death. And this is a humor game i cant see photo realism and this games humor going hand in hand.  And dont worry EQnext is also going to be this and lets face it the cartoon y always out lasts the realistic, why? Because more systems can run it and more people can relate with it.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    I just don't like the disney style graphics.
  • AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444
    Sending the good vibes to Carbine and NCSoft, praying for a very successful launch and game of Wildstar. It's exactly what I need. :)
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    Obviously there is something they do not like in my application and the applications of others who have been following this for years and had their beta info in the queue since the very beginning.  Who knows -- maybe people with 6gb of memory do not get in?  One never really knows.
  • tobywong420tobywong420 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    I'm in the "still no beta after being signed up from the beginning" boat.  What the fuck.
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    It's really not a very good game. It doesn't have the staying power to live past its hype.
  • Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by Rinna
    The fact that they haven't sent keys to people who have been heavy duty fans for 5 years but they send them to random people that know nothing about the game just burns my ass. Put up or shut up. /spiteful

You will buy anyways.

Me? Doubtful. I still am bitter over the closing of City of Heroes/Villains. Maybe why they keep inviting me to stress test.

Or, in all reality a RNG picks emails, and sends out invites.

They lost me over their poor handling of beta invites which started to annoy me already some month ago.

If they don't want to run through their signups in chronological order but rather give keys to bandwagoneers who applied 3 days ago, they have to live with pissing off a hgue chunk of longtime fans. (Not that NCSOft ever had a problem with pissing off people)

Their page needs a button to recall the beta-singup...i would hammer it on the monitor with my face.

EQN, here i come...

• JynxxJynxx Member Posts: 21

Speaking from an old-timer's (age 50+) viewpoint, cartoony doesn't bother me either.  Gameplay is much more important.  WS has features that other games left out for one reason or other such as Housing (Asheron's Call had this and I loved it).  WS's take on classes/roles is a new twist as well.   

No invite here either but really wasn't expecting one, if it happens it happens. 

I'm following the game and development and hoping it's something that will satisfy my interests for awhile.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Testers will also be given a special in-game title. Sort of stupid for those who didn't get picked.
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320

Oh well

So you want another generic fantasy with less soul than a pair of $10 sneakers. That's fine. There's plenty of them out there. So many most of us are sick of them and want a different setting.

• AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    And as for the graphics, give me the bright "cartoony" look instead of the dull gritty "realism" of ESO.
  • DeadlyneDeadlyne Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Originally posted by Volgore

They lost me over their poor handling of beta invites which started to annoy me already some month ago.

If they don't want to run through their signups in chronological order but rather give keys to bandwagoneers who applied 3 days ago, they have to live with pissing off a hgue chunk of longtime fans. (Not that NCSOft ever had a problem with pissing off people)

Their page needs a button to recall the beta-singup...i would hammer it on the monitor with my face.

EQN, here i come...

I don't understand.  Do you work there or something?  Where are you getting information about the handling of beta invites?  Or are you basing this "poor handling" on nothing but hearsay.  

How do you know that you are at the top of the list chronologically?  Or even near it?  For all you know 1 million people signed up before you.  I'm willing to bet there aren't that many beta invites out there.  Even if you signed up the day they started accepting applications you don't know how many people got their app in before you.  

Don't let your jealousy of others who got beta invites deter you from playing a game if you think it's something you will enjoy.  

Just to question the philosophy. Army of Socrates.

• BaefferBaeffer Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I'm one of those people that applied for beta when they first announced the sign up. I did not get a winter beta invite but I have gotten a stress test invite. This is my third session. I would like more but I'm am not hopeful. I do like that they will be having a month of open beta before release.
  • Rikus25Rikus25 Member Posts: 82
    Originally posted by Dogblaster

Oh well

Your oppinion :) I am looking forward to Wildstar .. and stop already with wow clone comments, same old same old .. turd

I agree with you Dogblaster. Everything to these people are wow clones....uggghhh. Wildstar looks like a blast to me and that is the game I am looking forward to this year. Lets give it a go!

Originally posted by Deadlyne
    Originally posted by Volgore

EQN, here i come...

I don't understand.  Do you work there or something?  Where are you getting information about the handling of beta invites?  Or are you basing this "poor handling" on nothing but hearsay.  

How do you know that you are at the top of the list chronologically?  Or even near it?  For all you know 1 million people signed up before you.  I'm willing to bet there aren't that many beta invites out there.  Even if you signed up the day they started accepting applications you don't know how many people got their app in before you.  

Don't let your jealousy of others who got beta invites deter you from playing a game if you think it's something you will enjoy.  

You seem to have missed the many recent posting of people who stated that they've gotten a key after they have signed up somewhen around last week and such. One even got a key the next day after he applied, others got several keys per invite or get invited over and over again... then there are people incl. me who signed-up years ago already and got nothing.

Hence my conclusion that they throw around keys in random order which some people do not agree with. I think from the perspective of someone who is a fan of the game since it was announced that is understandable.