Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall Asia Huge Success!

2»

Comments

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by ringdany

this sounds great for DF:UW and AV !!

i love faction based combat. i'm not sure if the Asians will stick with the game but i suspect they will !:D It' s  just fun to keep warring forever in a mock war :)

It's good for MGAME, they will solely own the rights in 2015. (Asia)

AV's parent company is handing over the rights to DFUW Asia version to MGAME's in 2015?  Where did you read that?

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    Originally posted by goboygo
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by ringdany

this sounds great for DF:UW and AV !!

i love faction based combat. i'm not sure if the Asians will stick with the game but i suspect they will !:D It' s  just fun to keep warring forever in a mock war :)

It's good for MGAME, they will solely own the rights in 2015. (Asia)

AV's parent company is handing over the rights to DFUW Asia version to MGAME's in 2015?  Where did you read that?

ok what he said rang a bell, but its not accurate. this is the relevant press release:

http://www.internetq.com/company-news/investment-aventurine

if you scroll thru the marketing BS, a company called InternetQ invested millions into aventurine and might take ownership or something in 2015 (don't really understand)

but mgame is the co developer and publisher of darkfall in asia, which has nothing to do with InternetQ as far as I can see.

PS: yeah bumping old thread but interesting topic and better than making new thread ;p

My blog: image

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

No friendly fire for the asian server? Those water mages and dead eyes must be op and how can you win outnumbered? Those quadruple sticky backs must be a common thing there.

I don't say no to factions and in fact, i liked the system in DFO. It wasnt hard for me to trust an other blue player coz not everyone wants to become red for ever and i remember, you had to pay with your gold and you had to wait a couple days without doing an other crime to become blue again. IT was expensive at some point so again, near the end of DFO, it was not hard to trust a blue player.

AV need to bring back kos with a faction system in a better shape. If you kill, if you steal, if you rez a red player, if you heal a red player, you should either become rogue or you drop further into the negativity stats and you become red. It shouldnt be easy at all to become blue again and that's it.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by Realbigdeal

No friendly fire for the asian server? Those water mages and dead eyes must be op and how can you win outnumbered? Those quadruple sticky backs must be a common thing there.

Friendly fire is turned on. They turned it off in a test and no one liked it. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• ringdanyringdany Member UncommonPosts: 189

im hoping it will be a big hit!

In asia u can do so much more with mmos than in the west. western players are very negative sometimes whereas in asia everyone is happy to grind and kill!

so if it has a big population now at launch, i think, like other asian mmos, it will be bigger than GFUW in the west for a much longer time.

• IDontThinkSoNoIDontThinkSoNo Member UncommonPosts: 57
    That's nice dear.
  • darkluchsdarkluchs Member UncommonPosts: 8

just as clarification, if someone is still at doubt: the asian version is f2p. Stuff you can get in the cash-shop is:

a PP-reset

character name change,

a scroll which teleports you near a person who killed you and is only usable every 15 days. (I not 100% sure, if I got that corret though. Here is a video of someone using it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JC28Nt8oew )

reduced crating time

reduced recall time to 1/3

reset recall cooldown

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    Originally posted by darkluchs

just as clarification, if someone is still at doubt: the asian version is f2p. Stuff you can get in the cash-shop is:

a PP-reset

character name change,

a scroll which teleports you near a person who killed you and is only usable every 15 days. (I not 100% sure, if I got that corret though. Here is a video of someone using it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JC28Nt8oew )

reduced crating time

reduced recall time to 1/3

reset recall cooldown

Thanks for posting, I'm interested in this stuff since I'm curious if they can turn DF into f2p without ruining it.

How did you get this info, did you have to use a VPN?

My blog: image

• BoreilBoreil Member UncommonPosts: 448
    Originally posted by mmochallenge
    Originally posted by goboygo
    Originally posted by ilives
    Originally posted by -Zeno-
    Huge population over there!

Umm...it's FREE,just launched and its their first dealing with AV.(via proxy)

The original DARKFALL also had a "huge population"... Briefly.

This^

How is this different from the launch of any other MMO, especially if it has a free trial from the start.   Based on your youthful enthusiasm,  the original EU Darkfall was a SMASHING success.  Look where that server is today in UW.  Refugees are showing up on NA just to have someone to play with.

You might want to wait ohh I don't freaking know maybe 6 months before we talk about success and a game server run by AV.

MMO these days only last 2 ~ 3 months. There will not be another EQ, UO, or WoW.

Your a fool at best, there are tons of games since eq/wow that have great success and are still goin strong, exactly like eq/uo/wow ( hate useing those as examples cause there are MANY other games from that time with just as much success that are still going strong today)

@Consensus

got the item-shop info from this page, I'm somehow to stupid to find the offical shop. I'm living in Japan right now, so I don't know if there is an ip-block. If you want to try it out yourself go to the Japanese Darkfall-homepage, it will ask you to create a Yahoo! JAPAN ID first and than a mgame acount. You can set the  asia-client to English, but this will make you unable to read asian characters in the chat.

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    Originally posted by raapnaap

From what we can tell, it seems pretty popular over there. Here is some of the key differences from the western version:

- No free for all PvP, it is 2 faction based; Japan vs Korea, with players representing their country in open warfare (I wonder how this doesn't get political tension, perhaps that's the media attention they were looking for?).

- No friendly fire within factions.

- Entirely different development team, developing different things than Aventurine. The game has a lot smaller differences from the western version.

- It's supposedly not free to play but subscription based, no word on an actual cash shop. People playing now are playing in the final phase of beta there, which is free.

Aventurine will be implementing features from the Asian version to the western one, excluding extreme changes such as no friendly fire.

Should be interesting when there are traitors among their ranks intentionally sabotaging their own factoin and opening the door for them to storm their castle.

Trojan Horse at character creation.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

Well the factions are realy nothing more, but a marker on the character. In the current build you can even read both chat-channels. The Factions seem to kind of work because of the language barrier, but there are also Clans made out of Koreans aswell as Japanese.