Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest Next: Landmark: Building in the Dusty Desert

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Continuing to reveal new and interesting information to EverQuest Next: Landmark fans, Sony Online Entertainment unveiled its latest "Building Blocks" video to show off the desert regions that players can choose to build and gather in. Check it out to see if this sometimes harsh environment is for you.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

haha!

reading ur headline i thought you were just beign sarcastic- but that was my first claim!!! in the desert!!!...i hate it so boring i miss the grass and woods and mountains.

FYI- these guys actually deliver when they say they make changes- they map has improved 100%, and it keeps getting smoother with less glitches.

looks like a good group of devs!

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Grrrr I must resist!!

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• DracogeekDracogeek Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Resistance is futile
  • RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    I will cave in for the $20 pack. I was going to buy Minecraft, but eqnext landmark is looking to good now. They have been making leaps and bounds with this. Combine this with the fact that I will probably skip ESO and closed beta EQN landmark starts 5 days before eso launch. Landmark is looking better and better. I don't have much experience with sandbox type games, but I have some ideas, and as a former brick Mason, I feel like I might have a deeper appreciation for this type of game.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Haha the video showed us absolutely NOTHING,all i remember is some giant looking golf ball changing color.

What is worse is the "HEADING" "Building Blocks !".There is NOTHING in the video that has anything to do with building blocks lmao...really sad.

Basically you could flag this video as OFF TOPIC.

Then of course at the end is the REAL reason SOE made this useless  video....Advert to buy founders packs.

I hope we have better NEWS and videos to come in the future,worst video i have ever seen on this site ..ANY site,doubt it will ever be surpassed.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by snoocky
    Grrrr I must resist!!

*creeps out of the shadows* <whispers>  Come join the fun.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    All things considered eqnl is really goddamn fun so far. If alpha shows the game at 50%, then at 100% it is going to be a juggernaught for any sandbox people (like me).

Eve for pvp sandbox, landmark for non pvp will be da skulls official recomendation.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• Mikey_HazardMikey_Hazard Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by itchmon
    All things considered eqnl is really goddamn fun so far. If alpha shows the game at 50%, then at 100% it is going to be a juggernaught for any sandbox people (like me).

Eve for pvp sandbox, landmark for non pvp will be da skulls official recomendation.

Also, PvP is confirmed as coming to Landmark eventually :-)

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Louis Hector Berlioz

Thatl be interesting. I hope they let us have a toon on a pvp shard and one on a pve

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

Henry Rollins

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

*waits for the first person in this thread to lament players building penises and claim the game will be ruined*

Luckily they would decay if built anywhere but on your own claim. Decaying penii!

Dwight D Eisenhower

Henry Rollins

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Honestly, I have a nice desert plot.  Not one of those lame-o mountain folks... I wanted to build a caravan-style thing.  Can't.  Got the ruins built, but not any sort of canvas that I can see to make it caravan-y.
  • CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by Ikeda
    Honestly, I have a nice desert plot.  Not one of those lame-o mountain folks... I wanted to build a caravan-style thing.  Can't.  Got the ruins built, but not any sort of canvas that I can see to make it caravan-y.

I find it interesting that we can't build using the sand we gather.

I want to know when we can have multiple claims.  I want to do a dedicated underground claim, but I don't want to abandon my current one, lol.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    @wizardry - everything is made from voxels, those are the blocks, even spheres are made from them. Being able to shape that sphere and texture it essentially means the possibilities are endless. Look at Minecraft and what people are able to do with blocks
  • FistyMayhemFistyMayhem Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Originally posted by CazNeerg

I find it interesting that we can't build using the sand we gather.

You can if you have a plot with any sand on it.  Hold alt and click the sand on the ground and it will be your "brush"

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

I am waiting for it to go into beta, then I will purchase the pack.

Looks so damned fun so far.

• Fly666monkeyFly666monkey Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Originally posted by pierth

*waits for the first person in this thread to lament players building penises and claim the game will be ruined*

Wait until open beta. Penis Towers. Penis Towers as far as the engine can render. =)

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Nice, I love the desert setting. I built my brown-sandy looking temple into a desert-side mountain. Loved Tattooine in SWG as well, of which this reminds me. I always liked desert and snow settings. I can't wait to see snow ecosystems in Landmark Alpha. :)

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by Rockniss
    @wizardry - everything is made from voxels, those are the blocks, even spheres are made from them. Being able to shape that sphere and texture it essentially means the possibilities are endless. Look at Minecraft and what people are able to do with blocks

He isnt interested in a constructive debate, he only posted to bash SoE.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

Love the look of the desert environment. I tend to build in either the extreme hills or deserts in minecraft. Got lucky to find a Mesa Bryce, so I can have the best of both worlds. Looking forward to building an "old west" looking place in Landmark.

Must resist the $100 pack....*eye twitch*

• DeddmeatDeddmeat Member UncommonPosts: 387

I was intrigued by SO many ppl loving Minecraft that i nearly got it, instead got EQ:NL and then saw how it killed my current gfx card (don't use it on a gt 520 lol) got new card on the way :-)

But wow I was surprised to see just desert